Intrigued iPhone user thinking of switching to S7 Edge

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've been an iPhone user (somewhat of a fanboy) for donkey years now. But after seeing what Sammy has done with the S7 Edge, they have really really impressed me to the point that I'm thinking of making it my primary for a month and see how that goes.

Keeping in my mind that I'm totally baked into Apple's ecosystem (iCloud, iPhoto, iMessage, etc) and that my family/friends are all iOS users, I'm still willing to give the S7 Edge a shot.

I do own the S6 and use it as my travel phone but for some reason it was not convincing enough for me to make it a primary.

Another factor that I'm intrigued to switch to the S7 Edge is the screen size (currently using the 6S plus).

Hope the users of this community can help me make this decision and stick with it for the long run.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I've been an iPhone user (somewhat of a fanboy) for donkey years now. But after seeing what Sammy has done with the S7 Edge, they have really really impressed me to the point that I'm thinking of making it my primary for a month and see how that goes.

Keeping in my mind that I'm totally baked into Apple's ecosystem (iCloud, iPhoto, iMessage, etc) and that my family/friends are all iOS users, I'm still willing to give the S7 Edge a shot.

I do own the S6 and use it as my travel phone but for some reason it was not convincing enough for me to make it a primary.

Another factor that I'm intrigued to switch to the S7 Edge is the screen size (currently using the 6S plus).

Hope the users of this community can help me make this decision and stick with it for the long run.

Go to the store and hold one. Have you ever use Android device beside IOS?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If you aren't unhappy with your iPhone, I would probably keep it. Not because the EDGE isn't an awesome phone - I'm definitely switching from my iPhone 6S Plus. But if you're completely invested in the Apple ecosystem, going Android might be an issue.

ICloud isn't a huge problem - it's possible to sync calendars and contacts etc. But iPhoto and iMessage: no way. sure, there's whatsapp and facebook messenger, but if your friends and family don't use it, that's pointless.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've used the S3, S5 and the S6. I've also given the Note 2 and 4 a shot in the past.

Then you shouldn't have any issue using it. You must know what you want out from the phone is key. I've used, IOS, Android and WP devices and I love them all. No one can tell you other than all the excitement surrounding new release device coming out.

Last edited:

kpxstar9

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I already ditched my iPad for the galaxy tab s2 and this phone really makes me want to ditch my iPhone 6+

SW1990WBA

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Likewise I'm into the Apple system having an iPhone iPad watch Apple TV and MacBook
Friends also use iMessage however TE reason I'm switching is in bored of apple and I won't miss iMessage thanks to the MacBook and iPad

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Same thing here. Everything Apple, but really I just go tired of the iPhone. I preorder the edge 7, ever since I saw the 6 I fell inlove with it. 😍😍 first time going to android.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I constantly go back and forth between Samsungs and iPhones, my latest move was from my Note 5 to my current 6S Plus, I'm now going back to Samsung and ditching my iPhone 6S +.

Just got my pre-order shipping notice yesterday from T-Mobile for the S7 Edge, YAY !!!!,,,, Overnight shipping means I should have my S7 Edge on Tuesday the 1st or Wen the 2nd.

Late last week I got to compare my iPhone 6S+ against the S7 Edge at my local Best Buy (a very nice Samsung rep was there and had the S7 stashed in his pocket).

My main comparison was between the cameras, shooting side by side pictures with both phones inside Best Buy was not even a fair contest, the S7 totaly blew away my iPhone in every picture and video I took,,, I then ran home and pre-ordered the S7.

I absolutely love my iPad Pro, Air 2 and mini,,,, but as far as phones the Samsungs have always been my favorites over the iPhones.

I really need to stop buying iPhones and just stick with Samsungs, I'll keep my S7 Edge while waiting for the Note 6.

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Since you have used the s6 then the s7e interface would be similar as well as compatibility with iphone stuff.

78standards

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
..took the plunge myself OP..used iOS since the original, but jumped in on the preorder for the s7 edge..I've never used an Android device. I am just bored with iOS, and dang if that s7e isn't sexy as ever ;)

Good Luck with adapting tho. I am still keeping my AppleTV, and MacBook, but certainly breaking the chains on the Apple Ecosystem.

metzy25

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I also have a 6s plus and looking into getting s7 edge. I've had iPhone since the 3GS and kinda of nervous about the move. But would love to try something new. My biggest thing is being able to access my music that I have through iTunes on the edge. I don't have any type of pc to transfer my music. Is there any way to do it? Also what else can you guys recommend as far as making the switch. I have yet to pre order it yet.

hylex

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I also have a 6s plus and looking into getting s7 edge. I've had iPhone since the 3GS and kinda of nervous about the move. But would love to try something new. My biggest thing is being able to access my music that I have through iTunes on the edge. I don't have any type of pc to transfer my music. Is there any way to do it? Also what else can you guys recommend as far as making the switch. I have yet to pre order it yet.

Well apple music exists on Android now and works perfectly fine+ it supports the sdcard so getting music from iTunes is not an issue? You can easily download it directly on the phone. If not just grab a standard card reader for a few bucks, a sdcard with a card converter, download the music onto your mac and c/p it onto the sdcard. Problem solved.

That's how i did it, when i shifted to the phone im using for music. (asus zenfone 2 with 256 gb storage)

metzy25

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well apple music exists on Android now and works perfectly fine+ it supports the sdcard so getting music from iTunes is not an issue? You can easily download it directly on the phone. If not just grab a standard card reader for a few bucks, a sdcard with a card converter, download the music onto your mac and c/p it onto the sdcard. Problem solved.

That's how i did it, when i shifted to the phone im using for music. (asus zenfone 2 with 256 gb storage)

Do you know or if anyone else could chime in, if I would be able transfer the music from Apple Music to google music? Will Apple Music only show the music that I've downloaded since signing up for Apple Music, or will it show all the music I purchased prior to that?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have never owned an iPhone, but the most negative reports from people who have transitioned to Android generally center around their friends who are still on iPhones being unable to contact them. Apparently iMessage uses "the most efficient" way to reach you, which means if your phone number is still registered on iMessage any iPhone will continue sending internal iMessage messages instead of using SMS.

There is apparently a way to de-register your phone number from iMessage. Look into that before you switch, because I have heard it is a pain afterward.

As far as music, does iTunes still allow you to download your music to your personal computer in some unencrypted form (Google Play Music allows two downloads to MP3, for example). If you can do that, the MP3 or other standard formatted music files can be uploaded to Google using Google Sync, which then makes them available through Google Music, or you can just dump the songs on an SD card and jack it into your phone.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I currently have both a 6S and Nexus 6P. The 6P has been my daily driver for awhile now. It's hard to recommend what someone should use without knowing them, but if you're curious go for it. The worst that can happen is you won't like android and if that's the case you can return it, no harm no foul. I'd say go for it. I like both platforms pretty equally. Each platform does some things worse and some things much better than the other. If you do get the edge, update this post with how you feel.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I already ditched my iPad for the galaxy tab s2 and this phone really makes me want to ditch my iPhone 6+

Can you let me know what you think of the tab s2? I am about to ditch my ipad as well and get it. Currently using an iphone 6s+ which I will be ditching as well for the s7e! Excited to say the least. Apple has been bothering me lately with this whole FBI security case.

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Likewise I'm into the Apple system having an iPhone iPad watch Apple TV and MacBook
Friends also use iMessage however TE reason I'm switching is in bored of apple and I won't miss iMessage thanks to the MacBook and iPad

Yeah I'm bored too of iOS, I mean it gets the job done but now I'm wanting a change and the S7 Edge is surely tempting. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma