Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Bestbuy Pre-order Status (Post Here)

Jesito473

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I am curious for those of you who had issues with the Pre-activation, how long did it take for them to correct this issue? My phone came in yesterday but they are not able to release it to me due to that particular issue than it said I had to call and all that BS. So I did that, but still nothing, just wondering how long will it actually take. It sucks to have the phone sitting less than two miles from here, and I can't even pick up the darn thing LOL

Cliff W

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Not happy at all! After a certain amount of time, Best Buy has to re-authorize the amount to make sure it is still available. My card has fraud protection so I get a text when large purchase are being made. Since my card didn't immediately approve, the order got cancelled. I called Best Buy customer service and they said since the phone is sold out, they can't un-cancel the order. I have to wait until its available again :-(

Oh and another thing now they charging me $125 for taxes when it was suppose to be only $48

Rob Rowland

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I am curious for those of you who had issues with the Pre-activation, how long did it take for them to correct this issue? My phone came in yesterday but they are not able to release it to me due to that particular issue than it said I had to call and all that BS. So I did that, but still nothing, just wondering how long will it actually take. It sucks to have the phone sitting less than two miles from here, and I can't even pick up the darn thing LOL
I got the email on Monday about this, called them immediately and within a couple hours they said my phone was ready. They initially told me 24-48 hours and that this was happening to a lot of people. The lady on the phone guessed that I had done a pre order for the S7 before I gave her any info.

thinkoutside

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
For thouse of you who are having the phone shipped to your home was the phone activated or did you turn it on and activate it yourself? This talk of open boxes and pre activated phones is making me nervous.

In order to keep my plan unchanged I need to never activate the S7 I buy on subsidie on my line. The plan is just to order it to my home, remove the sim, and sell it to someone else. This does not work if it come pre activated.

Please advise. Thanks

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm just glad my husbands phone activated last night cause I had to call Sprint from work. Cause it was telling me the phone was compatible with my plan and it was trying to get me to pick a new plan. I was going to cancel if I had to get rid of my everything data plan. I am a happy camper now. We love this phone so much! A few differen't things from HTC mail app is a little different contacts are a little different mine were called people and I am not sure if it's suppose to be the way it is but I'll ask someone at work with Samasung. Touch Whiz is new to us but this phone is fast I am amazed at the AMOLED display which I don't think we've ever had in HTC. And the camera out M9 horrible. And it charges so fast OMG! We ordered extra fast adaptive chargers on Groupon I got 2 for 8.99 and then bought 2 more they went up to 9.99 and they come with a five foot longer cable than what came with the phone. So now were set for work and around the house and we just have extra LOL!

Jesito473

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's what the Rep told me, it could be up to 48 hours. Just wondering if anyone has had to wait the maximum time. Thanks for the information Rob, I guess I'll give it a few more hours if not, I'll call to find out. My fear is that it has be done, and BB just hasn't bothered to get to it, at this point that would not surprise me coming from BB.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am with Sprint but no their not preactivated. But it tried telling me I had to choose a different plan and I had to call Sprint. I was upset after being told several times no you don't have to change your plan. I am have a 1500 minutes shared everything data plan I still got to keep and Sprint ended up making me a happy customer and I have no need to cancel.

For thouse of you who are having the phone shipped to your home was the phone activated or did you turn it on and activate it yourself? This talk of open boxes and pre activated phones is making me nervous.

In order to keep my plan unchanged I need to never activate the S7 I buy on subsidie on my line. The plan is just to order it to my home, remove the sim, and sell it to someone else. This does not work if it come pre activated.

Please advise. Thanks

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got notified the card and the Gear VR have shipped. That'll be good timing, getting the phone today, so I can play and set it up before getting distracted with the VR.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I hate the way they are trickling these out. My card and VR are still stuck. Next time I go ship to store.

now says "shipped" the VR and card supposedly.

Last edited:

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got told that I will not receive the phone until 4/5. I pre ordered the silver edge on the 23rd and already received my vr and sd card. That's pathetic. Why would someone wait almost 4 weeks to receive a phone they can buy from somewhere else in 2 days? Best buy just lost a customer if this turns out to be true.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cliff W

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Just got told that I will not receive the phone until 4/5. I pre ordered the silver edge on the 23rd and already received my vr and sd card. That's pathetic. Why would someone wait almost 4 weeks to receive a phone they can buy from somewhere else in 2 days? Best buy just lost a customer if this turns out to be true.

They did that to me turns out my order got cancelled and it ended up charging me $125 for the vr and the SD card

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
The saga continues... My delivery (via UPS) was originally scheduled for Tuesday (yesterday), but I work long hours and wasn't able to be home so on Monday I used my UPS Choice membership to change the delivery to today between 1:30 and 3:30 and took the second half of today off to be home for the delivery. Of course, as you may have guessed by now, nothing. Called UPS, automated system says delivery next business day (WTF!) so I spoke to an agent who sent a message to the local dispatch office who I am now waiting for a call from. WTF is the point of the membership and custom options if they can't deliver! Can't be home tomorrow and I get home too late to pick it up from a local UPS drop location. I'm about to bust a wall here...

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had someone with best buy yesterday tell me it would be April before I got my phone. I got on a chat with someone two different times today and they said it was shipped at 10 this morning and I'd get it tomorrow. I don't believe them but we'll see.
They said it was an error on the site. Maybe they got in trouble for shipping them out so early and had to scale it back until the 10th? I hope I get it tomorrow. Ill update back if I do.

Dans06

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site

What I found with the process is that if pre-activation fails the bestbuy mobile back office has to call the carriers personally and for each account. Unfortunately due the large number of orders that failed the pre-activation it is a long process to get all of them done. I also got and email about calling to verify my information and when they updated their information it begins a new list which gets worked in first update first call to carrier order. However if you call bestbuy customer service and asked to be transfered to the back office they will correct your order while you are on the phone phone.
That was the good news, the bad news is that the wait time is rather large.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Another update:

Sprint silver s7 and all goodies will arrive march 10th! Woooooo! I think my daughter is happier than i am cause she's getting my s6!

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Just got off the phone with a best buy rep. I already have the VR. Once I get the SD card on Friday, I was told I can bring them both to the store and cancel my order. This was after I received an email that I would be receiving the phone on 4/25.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae