06-07-2016 01:50 PM
331 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I have not been able to find any mention of this anywhere, but today I noticed I was having issues with my game launcher. Everytime I click it, I just get message saying unfortunately game launcher has stopped. Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas to fix?

Only thing I can think of is o had to turn a lot of screen over layer things off when trying to upload photos to instagram, other than that I have not touched any system settings since the last time I used the launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 11:09 PM
    Replacement phone has been working great so far. All apps loaded and all music downloaded. Going to assume I just had a bad device the first time.
    03-16-2016 11:12 AM
    Replacement phone has been working great so far. All apps loaded and all music downloaded. Going to assume I just had a bad device the first time.
    My first phone was not good ither. I had to send it back the same day I received it. My second one seems to be working great.
    03-16-2016 11:49 AM
    Returned mine ... Too many issues
    03-16-2016 12:09 PM
    While mine has generally been working great (one odd quirk with Snapchat videos not syncing with audio when OK Google is enabled on "every screen"), my only tiny gripe is with an ever-so-slight light leakage that I only notice in the dark where the glass meets the metal at the bottom. I've noticed others mentioning some screen alignment issues. I don't even know if this one qualifies as an "issue," but it's there for whatever that's worth.

Overall, very happy with what is a stellar device.
    03-16-2016 12:56 PM
    I got my phone activated yesterday at lunch. Last evening I was attempting to update Google apps that were pre-loaded. Midway through it started rebooting and was continuously rebooting from 8:30 - 11.

So, mid-morning today I download some of the apps I'd had on a earlier devices (GTAB 1 & 2), and it started this reboot cycle again. Did that for about an hour (11 - Noon).

About 1:00 I started signing into some of those apps and about 1:30 it started rebooting over and over again. Its still doing that (1 1/2 hours later).

I've had older phones do something similar (or at least heat up the battery significantly) until you got everything downloaded and a day (or so) settling in period. But, this seems excessive to me. Anyone else with the issue?
    Tisha722 likes this.
    03-16-2016 01:55 PM
    Have a UK version. 1 day old. Battery got so hot, i can smell melting plastic. downloaded apps from Google Play. Battery went from 99% to 85% in less than 30 min. However, downloading 3.5Gb from my iCloud (photos, contacts ets.) did not make phone hot.
    03-17-2016 06:08 AM
    Seriously?

Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread-screenshot_20160314-204006.jpg
    03-17-2016 07:06 AM
    Seriously?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160314-204006.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	220804
    That sucks. Maybe I could help if I could see the rest of your home screen...

Lobwedgephil likes this.
    03-17-2016 10:12 PM
    Guys I'm thinking to take mine back to store and demand a replacement.

It's urgent.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening to you or not:

Phone freezes. All buttons become unresponsive. You have to reset it with volume down+ power because even power button doesn't work?

Because I'm not sure anymore is it software problem or not?

It did this since day 1. And it already destroyed my 64 gb sD card - I'm thinking that because after it froze like that and came back my card became corrupted

So I ordered a new card but I fear it'll cost me another sd card if I try new one if this phone is faulty

PLEASE HELP!
    03-17-2016 10:25 PM
    Guys I have the Verizon S7 edge in Gold. I've already started seeing spots in my home button and a deep scratch in the middle. Anybody else have the same issue?

03-17-2016 11:36 PM
    Guys I have the Verizon S7 edge in Gold. I've already started seeing spots in my home button and a deep scratch in the middle. Anybody else have the same issue?

Pics?
    03-18-2016 12:38 AM
    It's my only phone. So sadly I can't take a picture of it. I was thinking of exchanging it but the data transfer process is a horrible pain in the S7 edge. It was much easier in the S6 edge with the internal memory. My Google Photos backup is recognizing my previously backed up photos that I've transfer to my SD card for this phone as new. It's like backing up 34,000 photos since I got it on the 10th.

03-18-2016 01:33 AM
    That sucks. Maybe I could help if I could see the rest of your home screen...

lol ok.

Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread-screenshot_20160318-081756.jpg
    03-18-2016 08:20 AM

Phone freezes. All buttons become unresponsive.
    Nope. Get it exchanged, you have a faulty one!
    03-18-2016 01:13 PM
    Anyone have their wifi shut off for no reason? The phone will work just fine. But if I put it down and leave it for a while, when I go back to it the wifi will be shut off. I've got to go back to Settings, wifi, and turn it back on. It'll connect right up again, but why is this happening? I do have automate installed and running the shut off wifi flow for when I leave home. But i also have it running on my galaxy S6 edge without issues.

Posted via Android Central App
    Saige Martin likes this.
    03-18-2016 01:23 PM
    Anyone have their wifi shut off for no reason? The phone will work just fine. But if I put it down and leave it for a while, when I go back to it the wifi will be shut off. I've got to go back to Settings, wifi, and turn it back on. It'll connect right up again, but why is this happening? I do have automate installed and running the shut off wifi flow for when I leave home. But i also have it running on my galaxy S6 edge without issues.

In a similar issue, my Rhapsody just stops playing after a fixed time period, seems about a minute. Doesn't crash, just stops. I can push play, and it picks up the song where it left off.

Anyone else?
    03-18-2016 02:49 PM
    Hi guys!
    I have the s7 edge from Tmobile and every time i pull down the notification bar to sync my apps, a popup tip/help would show saying
    "Turn on Auto sync
    Any changes you make to your accounts on the web will be automatically copied to your device.... and it goes on..."

Below the message, it will then say either cancel or OK. Is there a way to disable this pop up / tip from showing up every time I click on the sync button??

Thanks!
    03-18-2016 03:56 PM
    Guys I'm thinking to take mine back to store and demand a replacement.

It's urgent.

Phone freezes. All buttons become unresponsive. You have to reset it with volume down+ power because even power button doesn't work?

Because I'm not sure anymore is it software problem or not?

It did this since day 1. And it already destroyed my 64 gb sD card - I'm thinking that because after it froze like that and came back my card became corrupted

So I ordered a new card but I fear it'll cost me another sd card if I try new one if this phone is faulty

PLEASE HELP!
    Have had none of those issue with mine, in the two days since I activated it. I'm using a SanDisk 64 GB card and it's been fine. Do a factory reset first, and if the problems still occur on a bone stock phone return it.
    03-18-2016 07:43 PM

Well, I had the phone turn on airplane mode out of the blue twice last week.
    03-19-2016 12:22 AM
    I had my S7 Edge shut completely
    I saw this VIDEO & it helped me

Holding down Volume & Power key boot it up for me

I also had a issue when i hit the menu key to shut all Apps
    it would ask me to Set TouchWiz Easy or Normal
    So i re format it & works fine now

I think it was one of the Apps i installed that messed it up
    maybe im wrong,Its a New Phone this should not happen

I belive alls well if it ends well
    03-19-2016 01:19 AM
    I have the S7 edge in Gold and it has some serious quality issues. I haven't dropped it once on floor, only on carpet and two of my corners and my back glass are already chipped. Considering doing the 30$ restocking option, but i'm considered about not getting the Gear S2 then. What do you guys suggest?
    03-19-2016 01:50 PM
    after i leave my S7 Edge on the Fast Wireless Charger (the horizontal round disc shaped model, not the vertically slanted model) for a while, oddly, the "Always On Display" is no longer displaying.

i don't see a setting for that, so i'm wondering if something is wrong or maybe something else?

anyone else experiencing this?

one other forum member wrote that his display can go all black even when it is NOT on the fast wireless charger, i.e. in one's pocket. hope some good folks here can offer some ideas, situations when it happens, and possibly discover a solution.

thanks.
    03-19-2016 02:03 PM
    Sprint silver model, just now noticed, that when recording a video the screen is all jittery and not smooth like it was on my S6. The videos themselves come out great though.

Update:

While shooting fhd (60 fps) the screen smooths out while recording but has a slight stutter about every 3 seconds. This transfers to the recording as well whether on sd card or internal.

03-19-2016 04:49 PM
    Phone crashed an auto restarted on my while typing an email today.
    03-19-2016 08:25 PM
331 ... 910111213 ...