06-07-2016 01:50 PM
331 ... 11121314
tools
    Sounds like lots of issues. Some people may have them and not even know it like I seldom use video recorder and never use snapchat.
    03-29-2016 08:16 AM
    Sprint got a good update with many fixes now, i hope will all gonna see a wide release.
    03-29-2016 08:22 AM
    I find that my split screen app keeps popping up like I'm holding down the multitasking button.

Posted via the Android Central App

I've noticed the same thing on my vzw edge. There's an app on the playstore that disables the multiwindow function and that seems to have fixed it but it also turns off the ability to multitask window... Kind of a crappy comprise

03-29-2016 09:50 AM
    Please help me guys. I've been having this issue since yesterday. Google now isn't saving my reminders.

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread-124420.jpg  
    03-29-2016 05:56 PM
    bad wifi? try turning off wifi and try to set it when you are on data connection?
    03-30-2016 08:24 AM
    This article shows the Exynos as having a 10-30% better battery life and describes the Snapdraon 820 as, "Relatively poor battery performance", It also notes the poor audio and video slo-mo for the U.S. models which we have seen complaints about on this and other forums.

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: Snapdragon 820 vs Exynos 8890

Also, the overclocked quad core Snapdragon is noticeably slower than Samsung's own octa core Exynos as this video demonstrates...

03-30-2016 09:17 AM
    I noticed a crash when trying to get into the Do Not Disturb settings.

Did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue. Whenever I try to go into do not disturb settings the settings app crashes.
    03-30-2016 09:29 AM
    Did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue. Whenever I try to go into do not disturb settings the settings app crashes.
    I did. I opened up those settings by long pressing the DND quick settings from the notification panel. After that, I was able to open up those settings from the regular settings page.
    Mirest likes this.
    03-30-2016 09:34 AM
    I did. I opened up those settings by long pressing the DND quick settings from the notification panel. After that, I was able to open up those settings from the regular settings page.
    This worked perfectly. Thanks!!
    03-30-2016 09:36 AM
    Every morning my screen lock settings are changing from one minute after screen shut down to twenty minutes. What in the world? Seems like a security issue.
    This is still happening every single day. So dumb! Probably something AT&T jacked up.
    03-30-2016 10:55 AM
    I saw a GS7 Edge on Swappa today that looked like the paint on the home button had started peeling off. It looked black in some places. Thats weird because I thought it was covered by glass.
    03-31-2016 09:30 PM
    Anyone seen this before? You think Samsung would cover this under warranty?

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread-235.jpg  
    03-31-2016 09:35 PM
    My US version of the Verizon S7 edge did a factory reset on its own. I now have no access because it asks for a synced gmail account. I have 2 accounts synced and it recognizes neither. It says it needs the owners email. I am the only owner. Verizon's solution? I wait 3 days to get a refurbished unit in the mail. It's 18 days old and is my primary work number.
    04-03-2016 01:49 AM
    Guys I am having an issue with the glass at area arround the speaker grill . There is a spot around it which is a bit darker black and looks like a smudge. When seen under direct light it is very easy to notice. I cannot determine though whether this is something at the top of the glass or inside and whether that might have compromised the water resistance. Does any one of you has a similar issue or experience which such a problem and what is the best thing to do. Here in my country I must wait about 30 days if I return it under warranty so if it is just a cosmetic issue I can live with it.
    Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread-img_20160401_220758.jpg
    04-03-2016 02:33 PM
    It does look like the glass might be lifting some, does it change at all if you press on the area?
    04-03-2016 03:15 PM
    It does look like the glass might be lifting some, does it change at all if you press on the area?
    No, it does not change at all. It just looks like a smudge but cannot be cleaned so I'm guessing it's something inside.
    04-03-2016 04:35 PM
    No, it does not change at all. It just looks like a smudge but cannot be cleaned so I'm guessing it's something inside.
    Water damage maybe?

04-03-2016 07:44 PM
    Water damage maybe?

Nope, hasn't been wet since I bought it, which was about two and a half weeks ago.
    04-04-2016 12:35 AM
    Seems like the vibration motor on mine has cut out. Anyone else had this issue?
    04-04-2016 08:29 AM
    Nope, hasn't been wet since I bought it, which was about two and a half weeks ago.
    If you can go to the store I bet they'd replace it if they have any replacements on hand.

04-04-2016 08:31 AM
    I took mine to Samsung customer service they Updated the Software reformat it
    & i installed everything fresh working fine now for me

before i had formated but still had issues
    seems they do a fresh install of the software
    04-05-2016 12:10 AM
    Guys I forgot my private mode pattern. Is there any way to reset it?

04-05-2016 07:52 PM
    Hoping we can get a thread for anyone experiencing problems with their new S7 Edge. This isnt a hate thread, I love my new phone. I am seeing a few possible issues though:

1. Straight from the box, the device is running very hot, only when screen is on. (yes, I've rebooted and closed all apps).
    2. I tested the waterproofing by running under the faucet. Just a light flow of water, but AFTER fully drying and waiting for a good 30+ minutes to test, it did distort the speaker for a few hours, and the phone would freak out if I tried to plug in to charge. Again, it was FULLY dried and I waited 30+ minutes. It took a couple of hours for the cable charging to work again.
    3. Turning on ULTRA power saving mode completely killed my google now launcher settings. Removed all widgets and shortcuts, other than 1 google folder. This may be a known issue, just mentioning it for others.

Again, I am LOVING this new phone. Every phone ever made has a few quirks. Just sharing info here
    No problems with overheating here. Gmail pushes through reliably but I've set my push settings every 6 hours or so as I'm more concerned about my work emails on Office365 being pushed as they arrive. No slomo gate on my phone either. I haven't had the need to try power saving or ultra power saving and use stock Samsung skin with the Android N theme turned on. All fine on my device.

However, I'm on the Exynos version not SD.

04-05-2016 08:38 PM
    My s7 lasted 13 days. Was really hot to touch after every charge and during periods of extended use. On day 13 the screen completely died (pitch black). Phone was still working but couldn't see anything on screen.

Referred to network who sent it off for testing. Got it back earlier this week after being repaired so hopefully won't happen again. They didn't say what the cause was.

Is still quite hot though... 🙁
    04-08-2016 07:11 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I have a Verizon snapdragon model S7 Edge. No SD card. I was trying to record video in 1080p60 mode, and at about 1 minute in, it froze and got stuck. Would not respond to literally anything. None of the buttons would do anything. The phone got extremely hot, and after about 15min the screen went black. I tried holding power vol down and vol up and it finally went to the boot menu, where I was able to restart it. Battery had gone down 20% during this process, but it has been fine so far. Why in the world would it not be able to record video?
    04-15-2016 10:22 AM
331 ... 11121314