06-07-2016 01:50 PM
331 1234 ...
tools
    Thank you captain obvious I do know what water is. I clearly said that the phone was completely dry, and this was for several hours after drying as well. So the water does get a little further into the speaker than it should, and definitely more so than Xperia phones I've had as well as the GS5. Not a problem though. Just an observation.
    03-02-2016 06:52 AM
    Maybe the new "Cooling" is not cooling so great?
    Wouldn't be surprising, to be honest - the liquid cooling thing certainly didn't work for the Lumia 950XL.

I'm hoping the Exynos once are ok. The latest Qualcomm processors all seem to run hot like h*** and then the phone needs to throttle down the speed to prevent overheating. I've had that on the Nexus 5X and the Priv as well. Also explains the stuttering performance when it runs hot.
    03-02-2016 07:36 AM
    Stuttering or unresponsive screen are 2 of the most aggravating problems a phone can have.
    GBP87 and Techno-guy like this.
    03-02-2016 09:14 AM
    I am having that plus the the SD card notification keeps coming up anyone else having that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-02-2016 10:17 AM
    I am having that plus the the SD card notification keeps coming up anyone else having that.

What SD card are you using? Who makes it?
    03-02-2016 10:36 AM
    San disk 64gb

03-02-2016 12:11 PM
    I'm having an issue with the AUX cable. Tried two different cables with two different S7 Edges and they both get static.

03-02-2016 12:16 PM
    Wouldn't be surprising, to be honest - the liquid cooling thing certainly didn't work for the Lumia 950XL.
    Says who??
    03-02-2016 01:09 PM

I am having the same issues. I am using a Samsung SD Card. I thought I could find away to shut this off via notifications in settings menu. However I could not find anything that would possibly help.
    03-02-2016 01:11 PM
    Mine ran hot as i installed all my apps and such on the phone. Nothing since.

I haven't and don't plan to test the waterproofing. That's kind of a safe guard IMO.

I'm still getting used to the physical buttons. I've never had a sammy. And it's quite slippery in the hand. It's a beautiful device though.... And runs smooth as butter for me, no scrolling lag at all.
    03-02-2016 01:22 PM

It goes away on its own after a few hours (at least mine did).
    03-03-2016 07:57 AM
    It goes away on its own after a few hours (at least mine did).
    Mine ended up going away after a while too until I had to restart my phone and the SD notification kept popping up again.
    03-03-2016 09:05 AM
    I had and issue this morning I took the phone off the charger the phone was on but the screen was black could hear sound but no screen.

So I had to boot in to recovery and restart the phone. I too have noticed a small lag when scrolling

03-03-2016 09:18 AM
    I had and issue this morning I took the phone off the charger the phone was on but the screen was black could hear sound but no screen.

So I had to boot in to recovery and restart the phone. I too have noticed a small lag when scrolling

Same for me. Snapdragon unit here . My phone froze, the screen turned black and made a very loud noise out of nowhere at the same time. I'm not sure why.... the phone gets pretty hot too. Also as I type this my phone isn't charging fast at all. It's been at 25% for the past 20 minutes and battery life hasn't been too great either. I just hope all these issues are software bugs...

03-03-2016 10:35 PM
    San disk 64gb

I had that same problem with my Note 4 on San Disk. Picked up a Samsung SD card and the problem stopped. I don't know if that was coincidental or there's something to it, but that stopped the prompts.
    03-03-2016 10:43 PM
    My always on display moves all over it doesn't stay at the top portion of the screen sometimes it's at the bottom or middle or off center.

03-03-2016 10:50 PM
    My always on display moves all over it doesn't stay at the top portion of the screen sometimes it's at the bottom or middle or off center.

I would think that's intentional (to prevent screen burn-in, which can happen on AMOLED displays)?
    03-03-2016 11:01 PM
    That would make sense actually it doesn't even annoy me now thanks.

03-03-2016 11:10 PM
    Has anyone had the issue with the SD card mounting and remounting?
    Nope, no problems with my device
    milehigherik likes this.
    03-04-2016 01:11 AM
    I have the edge, snap dragon T-Mobile version. I am coming from the note 5 and have a few problems similar to that. The phone was hot like others say but that went away after a day. The screen lags a bit when scrolling on Web pages and I believe theverything animation might be set high because its slower to open apps and transition between screens. The screen seems overly responsive as it constantly opens links when scrolling and clicks links very annoying night be a combination of the scroll lag. Any ideas? Also the keyboard lags and can keep up at times when typing fast happens a lot in the messaging app and hangouts app. The great thing about it is the battery life, I was able to get 5 hours and 45 minutes of on screen time the last 3 days. To me that is phenomenal I wasn't even able to get 3 hours out of my note 5. And the camera is amazing expecially in low light.
    03-04-2016 08:43 AM
    Have you gone into developer mode and turned down the animations? I've done that for every Samsung I've had and it works wonders. I will be doing that within 5 seconds of turning on my 7 Edge for the first time.

milehigherik likes this.
    03-04-2016 08:58 AM
    Interesting as the Exynos doesn't lag or stutter at all in all the webpages I've tried (I've browsed image heavy sites like IGN, Android Central, BBC etc.). It would make sense though as Anandtech have found that Android web browsers are heavily multi-threaded.
    03-04-2016 09:18 AM
    Chrome sucks, use Samsung browser with ad blocker and you will see it's as smooth as Safari on iOS.
    03-04-2016 09:26 AM
    Are all the us models snap dragon
    03-04-2016 09:28 AM
    Didn't they use the exynos last year and people were satisfied? Why would they go back
    03-04-2016 09:28 AM
331 1234 ...