06-07-2016 01:50 PM
331 12345 ...
tools
    Agreed. The Samsung browser is a powerhouse compared to Chrome.

Posted via the Android Central App
    inffy likes this.
    03-04-2016 09:29 AM
    Didn't they use the exynos last year and people were satisfied? Why would they go back
    I think they just can't make enough of them
    03-04-2016 01:49 PM
    I have found 2 minor issues so far. One issues is that I have disabled the lookout security app, but somehow it manages to enable itself after few days, which means I have to disable it again.

A 2nd issue is that when my phone is on vibrate on occasion, I still gets sounds from notifications. Turning sound back on and then back to vibrate fixes the issue.
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    03-04-2016 02:02 PM
    Agreed. The Samsung browser is a powerhouse compared to Chrome.

I've always noticed that Chrome has run extremely poorly on Samsung phones, because when I switched to the Nexus 6P, Chrome was super fast. I even did side by side page loading between the Chrome browser on the Samsung phone and the Chrome browser on the Nexus 6P and it wasn't even a contest. It was like two different browsers were running. The Samsung browser was the only thing that came close to Chrome on the Nexus. So something is up with that.

(This was the S6 Edge btw)
    03-05-2016 01:02 AM
    I think the Exynos was a better chip then the snapdragon 810. But the 820 has been revised totally different chip heating should not be and issue

03-05-2016 04:38 PM
    I've always noticed that Chrome has run extremely poorly on Samsung phones, because when I switched to the Nexus 6P, Chrome was super fast. I even did side by side page loading between the Chrome browser on the Samsung phone and the Chrome browser on the Nexus 6P and it wasn't even a contest. It was like two different browsers were running. The Samsung browser was the only thing that came close to Chrome on the Nexus. So something is up with that.

(This was the S6 Edge btw)
    Samsung optimizes its own apps for their phones. Supposedly Sammy has optimized the living hell out of the stock browser for this run of Galaxy phones.
    03-05-2016 04:44 PM
    My always on display moves all over it doesn't stay at the top portion of the screen sometimes it's at the bottom or middle or off center.

I would prefer to not have the image burned into my screen?

03-06-2016 09:22 AM
    I would prefer to not have the image burned into my screen?

And it won't as it moves all the time. These burn in stuff are totally stupid
    03-06-2016 09:30 AM
    Samsung optimizes its own apps for their phones. Supposedly Sammy has optimized the living hell out of the stock browser for this run of Galaxy phones.
    Yeah... It's ridiculous how horrible Chrome runs... Also in app browsing as well (Twitter etc).
    I hope an update fixes that.
    03-06-2016 09:52 AM
    Removed.
    03-06-2016 09:52 AM
    And it won't as it moves all the time. These burn in stuff are totally stupid
    He was pointing out that's why the always on clock moves on its own.

Yeah... It's ridiculous how horrible Chrome runs... Also in app browsing as well (Twitter etc).
    I hope an update fixes that.
    Only way that'll happen is if Android starts specifying its own hardware and locking the OS down the way Apple does.
    03-06-2016 09:58 AM
    Chrome sucks, use Samsung browser with ad blocker and you will see it's as smooth as Safari on iOS.
    How do you enable an ad blocker extension? Separate app?
    03-06-2016 10:01 AM
    How do you enable an ad blocker extension? Separate app?
    You download an adblocker like crystal from the play store and check the settings in the Samsung browser
    mhettrich and 78standards like this.
    03-06-2016 10:40 AM
    Chrome runs like butter on the Exynos store demo phones. Hopefully the same for the actual consumer versions because I've never seen Chrome scroll through webpages so smoothly.
    03-06-2016 10:44 AM
    You download an adblocker like crystal from the play store and check the settings in the Samsung browser
    Thanks!
    03-06-2016 11:12 AM
    Anyone having issues with the speaker having static every so often?
    03-06-2016 09:19 PM
    I have the regular S7 but I am having a problem downloading things over wifi from Google play. I have cleared the cache and data and can still only download over phone data. It is not the wifi, I have Comcast business class that is 650mbps.
    03-07-2016 01:14 AM
    I get the SD card notification after a reboot, but it lets me dismiss it and it does not return until the next reboot. Is that the same behavior you're seeing? As long as I can dismiss it, it doesnt bother me.
    03-07-2016 06:48 AM
    I had the same issues you mentioned, and here's what ended up fixing all of them for me:

I was using an old SD card, class 10, but much much slower than I thought (20mbps/10mbps). I took that out, wiped my phone, and it ran absolutely perfectly after that.

I purchased a new Samsung Pro 64gb card (I think it's about 80mbps/80mbps, very fast) and now that I'm using that, I've had no problems at all.

Also, unless you really have to, DO NOT install KNOX. That thing will slow your phone down like nothing else! wow
    03-07-2016 06:52 AM
    I had the same issues you mentioned, and here's what ended up fixing all of them for me:

I was using an old SD card, class 10, but much much slower than I thought (20mbps/10mbps). I took that out, wiped my phone, and it ran absolutely perfectly after that.

I purchased a new Samsung Pro 64gb card (I think it's about 80mbps/80mbps, very fast) and now that I'm using that, I've had no problems at all.

Also, unless you really have to, DO NOT install KNOX. That thing will slow your phone down like nothing else! wow

What is KNOX ? Newbe question I bet, but I don't know
    03-07-2016 06:55 AM
    Yes. I have had that problem. Usually goes away after a couple of minutes. Hopefully that gets fixed though!
    03-07-2016 07:04 AM
    I'm not an expert on it, but KNOX is an extra secure mode of running apps, and I believe it uses encryption and also blocks the apps inside KNOX from touching anything else on your phone. Best bet is to look it up though if you want facts
    inffy likes this.
    03-07-2016 07:06 AM
    My bluetooth audio to my headphones is really low and not working correctly any fix for this.

03-07-2016 07:34 AM
    My bluetooth audio to my headphones is really low and not working correctly any fix for this.

Have you tried to pair them again? And also checked the bt volume while playing audio?
    03-07-2016 07:35 AM
    Have you tried to pair them again? And also checked the bt volume while playing audio?
    Yeah I tried everything unpairing restarting the phone still really low. It works fine in my car to the radio which doesn't make sense that it's not working right with the headphones.

03-07-2016 07:39 AM
331 12345 ...