06-07-2016 01:50 PM
331 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I have the ZAGG screen protector on and I am regularly noticing the screen not responding to a touch here and there - I did install Phone Tester, which shows that the screen is responsive, but this has become a major issue for me. Before I call Verizon, wanted to see if anyone is having this issue with a screen protector on.
    Some s6 edge+ users, including myself, has noticed the drop in screen responsiveness after installing a regular screen protector. I do the swipe screen capture a lot, and it's pretty bad compared to the note 4. I wish Samsung had that extra sensitivity option like the note 4 did.
    03-10-2016 09:49 PM
    I am having the same screen dimming problem with games. I am going to take it into "The Samsung Experience" @ Best Buy tomorrow and see what they say.
    03-10-2016 10:05 PM
    I am having the same screen dimming problem with games. I am going to take it into "The Samsung Experience" @ Best Buy tomorrow and see what they say.
    03-10-2016 11:06 PM
    It may be useful if posters could distinguish between the 2 models of Galaxy S7 Edge, which are the Global model with the octa core, Exynos, chipset and the U.S. and Chinese model which has the Qualcomm SnapDragon quad core chip.
    So Australian devices get Exynos correct?
    03-11-2016 05:20 AM
    I've notice that, I really think it has something to do with the Game Tools being on.
    03-11-2016 09:47 AM
    is there any way to customize how the recent apps touch button behaves? long pressing it brings up split screen options now but for one of my apps i need it for options/settings like long pressing that button has behaved on previous devices... any help would be greatly appreciated
    03-11-2016 10:02 AM
    is there any way to customize how the recent apps touch button behaves? long pressing it brings up split screen options now but for one of my apps i need it for options/settings like long pressing that button has behaved on previous devices... any help would be greatly appreciated
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Only way you can do that is with a custom ROM which requires rooting and that's not possible right now.
    03-11-2016 10:18 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Only way you can do that is with a custom ROM which requires rooting and that's not possible right now.

bummer there is no other way to use that app then i think....... maybe i'm just missing something
    03-11-2016 10:45 AM
    The app should have like a 3 lines or 3 dots, that should take you to the menu for the app??
    03-11-2016 10:56 AM
    I've notice that, I really think it has something to do with the Game Tools being on.

I turned off my game tools but still has the same issue. It dims when launching any games. I wonder if it's for everyone or just us? This is getting irritating :/
    03-11-2016 11:16 AM
    use package disabler to disable the game manager. Saw the suggestion in another thread on here and people have confirmed it works.

"I used Package Disabler and disabled "Game Service (com.enhance.gameservice) and it worked. No more oversaturation on games!"
    Exodaze likes this.
    03-11-2016 11:25 AM
    Everyone with issues you can access hardware diagnostics by typing *#0*# in the phone dialler. Just so you know!
    kmmill00 and LeoPT like this.
    03-11-2016 11:33 AM
    I am not a gamer. What things do I need to shut off from the menus?? I also can't find developer options like in my S5
    03-11-2016 11:52 AM
    Found it tapping Build Number 5 times!
    03-11-2016 12:04 PM
    The app should have like a 3 lines or 3 dots, that should take you to the menu for the app??
    unfortunately no.... there is not..
    03-11-2016 12:11 PM
    I keep getting a SD card notification about every 30 minutes or so. Keep swiping it away and still appears. Mounted and unmounted SD card. Even bought a new SD card. still does it. Only started doing this a couple days ago. Had the phone for a week and no problems until 2 days ago.
    03-11-2016 12:18 PM
    I was ready to switch my iPhone 6s but not after reading all this. I've had a new iphone every year since the 3GS and literally had no failures. The hardware and software worked flawless. I have a 5 year old iPad that still works like a charm. Watch hours of Netflix a day on it. I may not have all the customization but it's smooth fast and dependable.
    03-11-2016 03:46 PM
    I was ready to switch my iPhone 6s but not after reading all this. I've had a new iphone every year since the 3GS and literally had no failures. The hardware and software worked flawless. I have a 5 year old iPad that still works like a charm. Watch hours of Netflix a day on it. I may not have all the customization but it's smooth fast and dependable.
    Don't let these deter you. Remember that there are always going to be some devices that have issues. I have been part of the largest Apple forum since iPhone 4 and there has ALWAYS been reports by users of various issues with every single generation. If you saw those, you would have been hesitant to move over from Android.

I've owned the iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPhone 6 and had one software issue with the iPhone 5 and one for the iPhone 6 that required full resets as recommended by Apple reps. I had to exchange an iPhone 6 because there was dust under the screen when I bought it and was running really hot. iPhone 4 was flawless though.

After many years, I have finally made the move back to Android and am really enjoying my S7. No issues thus far.

Remember, there's always the return policy as well if things really don't work out well for you.
    Michial Brown likes this.
    03-11-2016 04:03 PM
    I guess.
    03-11-2016 04:55 PM
    I just left MacRumor forum, and if I wasn't blind, I could report they have many issues with the iPhones now, and in the past. I had a iPhone 6S plus, which was good, but the size was not. I also had the iPhone 5S, and that was a nice phone, but got old. Just moved over to a Samsung S7 Edge, and though some have reported issues as well, it is also a very good phone for me (Knock of wood). Both are good phones with some issues. Toss a coin
    03-11-2016 05:36 PM
    I just left MacRumor forum
    Well let me officially welcome you to Android Central then! .
    Thors_Hammer likes this.
    03-11-2016 05:43 PM
    I don't know if I would exactly call this an issue, but I am getting different wifi DL speeds compared to my iPhone 6 Plus. On my home network, the iPhone has DL speeds near 110 Mbs, while the S7 Edge is closer to 90 to 95 Mbs. I tested speed on my imac, and that is near 110 Mbs. Don't know if there is a difference in the Speedtest app on each platform. Oddly, they are almost identical with upload speeds.
    03-11-2016 10:04 PM
    I don't know if I would exactly call this an issue, but I am getting different wifi DL speeds compared to my iPhone 6 Plus. On my home network, the iPhone has DL speeds near 110 Mbs, while the S7 Edge is closer to 90 to 95 Mbs. I tested speed on my imac, and that is near 110 Mbs. Don't know if there is a difference in the Speedtest app on each platform. Oddly, they are almost identical with upload speeds.
    Make sure you are using the same servers on the Speedtest app. I actually like nPerf better to test my internet speeds.
    03-11-2016 10:08 PM
    I have the Black S7 on Verizon and am getting a "your device is not compatible with the application" for Samsung's Internet Browser.
    03-11-2016 10:32 PM
    This thread is not giving me the warm fuzzies about my first android phone. Already thinking about swapping for an iPhone 6s if my experience goes like some of these.
    I wouldn't read too much into things. Considering the apparently very large sales numbers of the devices, the thread is very moderate in size. Samsung seems to have done an excellent job in terms of quality control. If you think the iPhone has fewer issues, think again :-)

I've read through a larger part of the thread now. There seem to be very few main issues:

- WiFi connection issues (which might be related to certain APs - hard to tell)
    - some Bluetooth issues
    - heat
    - screen being to sensitive or not sensitive enough (the latter might have to do with certain screen protectors).

Considering that they've probably sold around 10 million of these in pre-orders (if the figures from previous years are any indication), this is an excellent start.

Also, if you go to iOS forums, you'll find that Bluetooth and WiFi issues are frequent there es well. As there are a huge number of WiFi and Bluetooth devices around, there's bound to be some incompatibilities. Touch-issues with screen protectors are also very frequent. An I personally had to exchange my former iPhone 6S Plus because of overheating and battery drain.
    03-11-2016 11:02 PM
331 ... 56789 ...