06-07-2016 01:50 PM
331 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Please don't Root unless you have a better understanding of the OS. I don't want to see you brick your device.
    Averix likes this.
    03-12-2016 11:35 AM
    I have no intentions of rooting. I'd just like to get these buttons working.
    03-12-2016 11:48 AM
    This is my first Android phone. This is also the first non-removable battery device I've owned. Power and volume buttons stopped working. I don't know how to reboot without a restart app. They all seem to want me to root, and I don't know anything about that either.
    I usually just keep holding the power button until it restarts.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2016 11:57 AM
    I've finally fixed it! By holding down the power button and volume down at the same time, it restarted. Kinda ironic as these were the buttons that weren't responding. All buttons seem to working fine now.
    03-12-2016 12:05 PM
    I am having the exact same issue with Google play, music, YouTube...
    03-12-2016 02:40 PM
    Did that. Fixed it. Thanks. Im still gonna use that 32gb for apps. I don't need a lot of room for my apps. But having that SD card slot back is so nice. Ive gotten about a dozen of my favorite movies downloaded and still have 113gb left. Loving this beast of a phone.
    03-12-2016 02:40 PM
    The only issue I have had is with Google specific apps, i.e. Google Play store, Play Music. On WIFI, I cannot download anything, can't watch any Youtube videos or log into Play Music. Doesn't matter what WIFI it is, it will not work on WIFI. 4G LTE is great, but no WIFI. WIFI works great for everything else but Google Play apps.
    I have the exact same issue.
    03-12-2016 02:45 PM
    I have the same issue. No screen protector. Annoying but not happening all the time.
    Same here, no screen protector, happens frequently.
    03-12-2016 02:48 PM
    I have issues with WiFi. No Google services work on WiFi at all. When WiFi is turned off, all google services work(play store, movies, music). We have 2 phones and it ius doing the same thing on both.
    I remember with the S6, I had some weird WiFi issues and they all got solved when I reset my modem. I think I had to reset it a few times and then everything worked normally.

dreaming of electric sheep
    03-12-2016 03:14 PM
    Hold power and volume down for about 10-15 seconds and it should force a reboot. BTW it will feel a lot longer than 10 seconds but it actually wont be.
    03-12-2016 05:07 PM
    Google Play Music to sd card? In the Google Play app settings, there is a setting to use either internal or external storage. I have mine set to External storage, so why are my Play Music downloads still saving to the internal storage and not using my sd card? This is a MAJOR bummer since Google Play is my biggest storage hog of all my apps. Any suggestions on a fix for this? Anyone else noticing this?
    03-12-2016 06:10 PM
    Google Play Music to sd card? In the Google Play app settings, there is a setting to use either internal or external storage. I have mine set to External storage, so why are my Play Music downloads still saving to the internal storage and not using my sd card? This is a MAJOR bummer since Google Play is my biggest storage hog of all my apps. Any suggestions on a fix for this? Anyone else noticing this?
    My songs downloaded with no problem to my sd card using google music.
    03-12-2016 06:27 PM
    Is the support and protection option from Verizon or Samsung?

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread-30992.jpg  
    03-12-2016 06:40 PM
    No issues here so far
    03-12-2016 08:10 PM
    Chrome sucks, use Samsung browser with ad blocker and you will see it's as smooth as Safari on iOS.
    Which ad blocker are you using or recommend with the Samsung Browser?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw a later post with the same question that you answered promptly. Downloaded that particular one and will be putting it through the paces momentarily. Thanks.
    bhatech likes this.
    03-12-2016 08:45 PM
    I remember with the S6, I had some weird WiFi issues and they all got solved when I reset my modem. I think I had to reset it a few times and then everything worked normally.

dreaming of electric sheep
    That worked... Just reset my modem. Thank you very much!
    03-12-2016 09:45 PM
    Didn't read through entire thread, but the only issues that I'm seeing is my contacts being duplicated 4 times when in the Verizon messenge+ app. The other issue is that after I take a few pictures when I click the picture while in my camera to review and try to swipe to my previous pictures, my phone exits the picture review and goes back to the camera.

03-12-2016 10:19 PM
    I was ready to switch my iPhone 6s but not after reading all this. I've had a new iphone every year since the 3GS and literally had no failures. The hardware and software worked flawless. I have a 5 year old iPad that still works like a charm. Watch hours of Netflix a day on it. I may not have all the customization but it's smooth fast and dependable.
    if this is how you make your purchase decisions then let me tell you that you would never be able to buy any product. a product forum to discuss quality issues is where you will find issues. be it an iphone or a s7 edge or a mac or anything. this is where the very vocal minority raises its voice the most. you had no issues with any of the iphones because majority of the mass consumer products by reputed companies do not suffer from such issues.
    Averix likes this.
    03-13-2016 12:29 AM
    Which ad blocker are you using or recommend with the Samsung Browser?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw a later post with the same question that you answered promptly. Downloaded that particular one and will be putting it through the paces momentarily. Thanks.
    Would you mind sharing the name of the ad blocker? ☺

03-13-2016 04:16 AM
    Has anyone had issues wit the multitasking / back buttons freaking out and long pressing themselves? It's like the input on the bottom edges are wonky and think they are being pressed when they aren't....this is my first Sammy though and I'm not sure if I'm just holding the phone wrong or if it's a legit bug.
    03-13-2016 10:39 AM
    I've noticed this bug as well. Also can't delete photos off of my device using the Google photos app even though it has permission to storage

03-13-2016 10:47 AM
    Point taken. Being in the Apple ecosystem we always here of issues with android. I'm sure is biased and misrepresented.
    03-13-2016 12:55 PM
    I am having an odd and irritating issue. Haven't seen anyone else post about it so hopefully I just ended up with a bad phone and it's not indicative of the S7 Edge (US Cellular Snapdragon).

So a few hours after I brought the phone home from the store (March 9th) I noticed the time on my phone was off by almost 20 minutes. Turns out it had froze and I had to do the battery pull simulation task (volume down and power for several seconds?...) to get the phone to reboot. Since then my phone has randomly rebooted or frozen and rebooted close to 20 times.

There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when and why it does this. Sometimes it does it when I am not using the phone, other times when I am using the browser or watching a video. Especially annoyed when it did this in the middle of a fantasy baseball draft! So I called US Cellular to get some ideas. First thing was remove the SD card - no help. Next was a app cache and system partition cache wipe - nope. Then we did a factory reset and reinstalled everything including apps - still acting up. Last we tried another factory reset but this time we did not reload Google or Samsung accounts or apps. Still failed!

US Cellular is sending a new phone to replace this one. Again, hopefully this is a rare and isolated failure, however, I wanted to share my story in case anyone else is dealing with a similar situation.
    03-13-2016 08:06 PM
    I have Sprint Service and just got phone. One major issue I have come across is WIFI calling...it gives me an error and I cannot use. I called Sprint and they say its a Samsung issue! Hope they can fix.
    03-13-2016 08:23 PM
    Welp..I wanted a replacement for this but T mobile doesn't have any. Back ordered. Just got off the phone with Advanced Tech. The sad thing is the tech said the replacement of the S7 edge is not even in the system yet.

A few days ago. The home button and previous apps button on left of home button quit working. I had to restart 3 times that day to fix it. The back button still works. No problems with that again until about a hour ago. It did the same thing but now a reboot will not fix it. After multiple reboots still not fixed? I rebooted with and without SD card in?

What should I do?

1. Walk into a local Tmobile and ask for a replacement maybe they have one in stock locally? I am in my 14 day grace period.
    2. Try a hard reset 1st? (I figured I would do this in a store after I showed them in person what was happening.)
    3. Get another phone?

I realize that being an early user of something like this things happen but at least save a few backups in for your long time customers or any customer for that fact. I have been with Tmobile 14 years.
    03-13-2016 09:15 PM
331 ... 7891011 ...