Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
And it won't as it moves all the time. These burn in stuff are totally stupid

He was pointing out that's why the always on clock moves on its own.

Yeah... It's ridiculous how horrible Chrome runs... Also in app browsing as well (Twitter etc).
I hope an update fixes that.

Only way that'll happen is if Android starts specifying its own hardware and locking the OS down the way Apple does.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Chrome runs like butter on the Exynos store demo phones. Hopefully the same for the actual consumer versions because I've never seen Chrome scroll through webpages so smoothly.

Patrick Depirro

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the regular S7 but I am having a problem downloading things over wifi from Google play. I have cleared the cache and data and can still only download over phone data. It is not the wifi, I have Comcast business class that is 650mbps.

Last edited:

toptekjon

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I get the SD card notification after a reboot, but it lets me dismiss it and it does not return until the next reboot. Is that the same behavior you're seeing? As long as I can dismiss it, it doesnt bother me.

toptekjon

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues you mentioned, and here's what ended up fixing all of them for me:

I was using an old SD card, class 10, but much much slower than I thought (20mbps/10mbps). I took that out, wiped my phone, and it ran absolutely perfectly after that.

I purchased a new Samsung Pro 64gb card (I think it's about 80mbps/80mbps, very fast) and now that I'm using that, I've had no problems at all.

Also, unless you really have to, DO NOT install KNOX. That thing will slow your phone down like nothing else! wow

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issues you mentioned, and here's what ended up fixing all of them for me:

I was using an old SD card, class 10, but much much slower than I thought (20mbps/10mbps). I took that out, wiped my phone, and it ran absolutely perfectly after that.

I purchased a new Samsung Pro 64gb card (I think it's about 80mbps/80mbps, very fast) and now that I'm using that, I've had no problems at all.

Also, unless you really have to, DO NOT install KNOX. That thing will slow your phone down like nothing else! wow

What is KNOX ? Newbe question I bet, but I don't know

toptekjon

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not an expert on it, but KNOX is an extra secure mode of running apps, and I believe it uses encryption and also blocks the apps inside KNOX from touching anything else on your phone. Best bet is to look it up though if you want facts :)

ttieder

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My bluetooth audio to my headphones is really low and not working correctly any fix for this.

Posted via the Android Central App

ttieder

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to pair them again? And also checked the bt volume while playing audio?

Yeah I tried everything unpairing restarting the phone still really low. It works fine in my car to the radio which doesn't make sense that it's not working right with the headphones.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Auto HDR not functioning properly

i received my S7 Edge very late Monday evening, around 8pm (!) via UPS, February 29th.
after trying it out and rather satisfied by this excellent phone, something entirely odd happened today: i moved some pictures from my device memory to my sd card memory, these are the pictures from my camera. oddly, the "AUTO HDR" no longer is functioning! it would take NON-HDR pictures even though during the taking of the picture itself, the HDR auto words would appear on the screen just a split second prior to me taking the picture!

this is very distressing because when i actually change the mode from AUTO HDR to "HDR ON", the HDR does indeed really turn on. i took two pictures of the identical high contrast scene and i proved that my suspicion is indeed correct based on previous pictures. i proved it by taking several experimental pictures of the SAME high contrast scene with Auto HDR engaged versus HDR ON engaged.

i'm a big photography hobbyist and this camera is superb, hence part of my excitement about the S7 Edge. it was the moving of the pictures from my Device Memory to the SD card memory, and thus leaving no pictures on the "Camera Folder" on the device memory itself, that triggered this anomalous behavior!! this is really distressing.
i don't want to have to reset my entire phone as it would mean an entirely start from scratch set up (UGH), a lot more work than what i had to do when i transferred the contents from my previous S6 Edge+ to this S7 Edge via the USB OTG cable and adapter plug!
essentially, i now have an expensive phone and camera WITHOUT the Auto HDR functionality which is a huge part of what makes this camera a great camera under many challenging circumstances.

after doing more experimenting, i think that with HDR off, of course we get no HDR. with HDR at Auto, one gets a little of HDR implementation, but when you actually turn HDR to the "ON" position, you get the MOST HDR. so Auto HDR is really only part way HDR, not fully as one would expect.

not pleased and distressing.

Xrak En

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My bluetooth audio to my headphones is really low and not working correctly any fix for this.

That's sad that they haven't fixed that problem yet. I ran into this problem a couple of years ago when I moved from S3 to S5. Eventually found this app called "Volume Booster Pro" that helped to set the BT headphone volume to the same levels as wired. I was hoping that they would have fixed the problem two versions later but apparently not!
Hope the app solution still works on the S7 version. Good luck!

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
How is this even possible??? New phone and Samsung pay is not even compatible?? Lmaoo..AT&T here

Attachments

• 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 382

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
How is this even possible??? New phone and Samsung pay is not even compatible?? Lmaoo..AT&T here

Interesting. My S6 Active says the same thing and I assumed it was because of lack of fingerprint sensor. I hope ATT isn't phasing out Samsung pay.