Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a weird event 3 times today.

Home button and previous apps button quit working. Had to use back arrow to get anywhere. Rebooting fixed it every time. Hasn't happened in about 4 hours now. I dunno?

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Big fan of the S7 (just like i was of the S5 and S6!)

Have found one issue that I cannot figure out. In short, I cant seem to pair the phone to my 2011 Benz E550 (W211). It pairs but then it does not allow phone or mediia connection. Interesting enough, it does keep the contact connection. Have tried to reset / re-pair the phone several times, same for the head unit on the car. I have paired other headsets to the phone and it seems to be OK. Just to my car... Note the S6 worked fine.

Any suggestions?

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a weird event 3 times today.

Home button and previous apps button quit working. Had to use back arrow to get anywhere. Rebooting fixed it every time. Hasn't happened in about 4 hours now. I dunno?

I just got my S7 Edge yesterday, its been working all day until now. I'm having this same thing, but a reboot ISN'T fixing it! The home button works to wake the screen, so I know its registering it but once the device is unlocked hitting Home doesn't do anything. The back button works, but he other one does (the one to the left of home.. Task Manager/previous apps?) doesn't do anything either. I tried to uninstall some of the last apps which may have been updated but no luck... I just got everything set up the way I had it before - I really dont want to have to wipe this thing and start over..

JiiPeee90

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Is this rear camera distortion problem in every S7? Clearly visible in the straight lines. I have Sony sensor in my Edge.

This is taken with my phone:

20160310_144739.jpg

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
This thread is not giving me the warm fuzzies about my first android phone. Already thinking about swapping for an iPhone 6s if my experience goes like some of these.

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Anyone having issues with "dead spots" on the screen. I touch the screen and nothing happens, touch again and it responds...

Haven't had issues like that. Suggest you download the app "phone tester" one of the options is multi-touch you can basically touch the screen and it lights up. Would be a good way to test your screen.

Very nice little app. Tells you a lot about your phone. Great tool to have.

Attachments

• 1457625009384.jpg
    1457625009384.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 73

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
This thread is not giving me the warm fuzzies about my first android phone. Already thinking about swapping for an iPhone 6s if my experience goes like some of these.

I personally am happy with mine so far. Is there any specific issues you're having? Didn't go through every page 😶

gokartracer5

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I received my edge yesterday. My only complaint so far is that my screen flickers. Especially, when the brightness is set below 50% or with auto-brightness turned on. Any idea why that might be happening?

Thors_Hammer

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had issues like that. Suggest you download the app "phone tester" one of the options is multi-touch you can basically touch the screen and it lights up. Would be a good way to test your screen.

Very nice little app. Tells you a lot about your phone. Great tool to have.

Thanks - doing that now..

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Eh, that's what the forums are for. You'll find issues in every phone thread, especially right after release.

Posted via the Android Central App

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Fingerprint recognition?

My fingerprint scanner has been great. I come from Note 4 so for me it was a big jump when I don't have to swipe my finger and can just hold it for a sec and it opens up.
When registering your fingerprint do you scan every part of your finger or just one spot multiple times?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae