Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Apps crashing and screen freezes coupled with Bluetooth connectivity issues makes this unusable for me..going back to Moto X

Posted via the Android Central App

Thought about a factory reset and fresh install before moving back? That just might fix all your issues.

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am also having the issue of heating. Anyone know what could be the cause? My phone gets extremely hot to the point where it's uncomfortable to hold.

When does this happen? Mine got hot when I was restoring my apps setting and bunch of stuff from my Note 4 but since them nothing!

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I am about to go unbox right now, as it was just delivered. Coming from a Windows phone, Ive been dealing with glitches and software issues for hte last 2 years. During that time my iPad Air has not given me one single problem. I was just bored with the IOS UI when I switched, plus I wanted that 40MP camera.

I've had windows phone and over all enjoyed it, only think lacked was the whole app situation and games.
Yeah open it up and play around with it see what you think.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am also having the issue of heating. Anyone know what could be the cause? My phone gets extremely hot to the point where it's uncomfortable to hold.

Give it couple of days. This is some what normal when you activate a new phone when you get everything organized and apps and settings installed. Been reported on this forum already.

Thors_Hammer

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the ZAGG screen protector on and I am regularly noticing the screen not responding to a touch here and there - I did install Phone Tester, which shows that the screen is responsive, but this has become a major issue for me. Before I call Verizon, wanted to see if anyone is having this issue with a screen protector on.

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
did 2 factory resets which wiped everything out and to be installed again .. the 1st factory reset helped with the Camera app crashing but other issues popped and Sprint tech support had me do another ..after which the phone became unstable with the Whats app crashing and being not responsive and that made the phone unusable for me,

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I've had windows phone and over all enjoyed it, only think lacked was the whole app situation and games.
Yeah open it up and play around with it see what you think.

The app gap, web browser, and occasional battery drain are why I moved on. It's still my favorite UI at this point, but I'm still learning android. I find it's taking more taps to accomplish the same task vs Windows or iOS

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
How do you make it only unlock with fingerprint scan mine asks for fingerprint or pattern, I only want fingerprint

Posted via S7E Chrome

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the ZAGG screen protector on and I am regularly noticing the screen not responding to a touch here and there - I did install Phone Tester, which shows that the screen is responsive, but this has become a major issue for me. Before I call Verizon, wanted to see if anyone is having this issue with a screen protector on.
Some s6 edge+ users, including myself, has noticed the drop in screen responsiveness after installing a regular screen protector. I do the swipe screen capture a lot, and it's pretty bad compared to the note 4. I wish Samsung had that extra sensitivity option like the note 4 did.

Waddy33

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same screen dimming problem with games. I am going to take it into "The Samsung Experience" @ Best Buy tomorrow and see what they say.

Waddy33

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same screen dimming problem with games. I am going to take it into "The Samsung Experience" @ Best Buy tomorrow and see what they say.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
is there any way to customize how the recent apps touch button behaves? long pressing it brings up split screen options now but for one of my apps i need it for options/settings like long pressing that button has behaved on previous devices... any help would be greatly appreciated

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
is there any way to customize how the recent apps touch button behaves? long pressing it brings up split screen options now but for one of my apps i need it for options/settings like long pressing that button has behaved on previous devices... any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Only way you can do that is with a custom ROM which requires rooting and that's not possible right now.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The app should have like a 3 lines or 3 dots, that should take you to the menu for the app??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670