Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
use package disabler to disable the game manager. Saw the suggestion in another thread on here and people have confirmed it works.

"I used Package Disabler and disabled "Game Service (com.enhance.gameservice) and it worked. No more oversaturation on games!"

gnuser

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am not a gamer. What things do I need to shut off from the menus?? I also can't find developer options like in my S5

octobrldy

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I keep getting a SD card notification about every 30 minutes or so. Keep swiping it away and still appears. Mounted and unmounted SD card. Even bought a new SD card. still does it. Only started doing this a couple days ago. Had the phone for a week and no problems until 2 days ago.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was ready to switch my iPhone 6s but not after reading all this. I've had a new iphone every year since the 3GS and literally had no failures. The hardware and software worked flawless. I have a 5 year old iPad that still works like a charm. Watch hours of Netflix a day on it. I may not have all the customization but it's smooth fast and dependable.

Vihzel

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was ready to switch my iPhone 6s but not after reading all this. I've had a new iphone every year since the 3GS and literally had no failures. The hardware and software worked flawless. I have a 5 year old iPad that still works like a charm. Watch hours of Netflix a day on it. I may not have all the customization but it's smooth fast and dependable.

Don't let these deter you. Remember that there are always going to be some devices that have issues. I have been part of the largest Apple forum since iPhone 4 and there has ALWAYS been reports by users of various issues with every single generation. If you saw those, you would have been hesitant to move over from Android.

I've owned the iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPhone 6 and had one software issue with the iPhone 5 and one for the iPhone 6 that required full resets as recommended by Apple reps. I had to exchange an iPhone 6 because there was dust under the screen when I bought it and was running really hot. iPhone 4 was flawless though.

After many years, I have finally made the move back to Android and am really enjoying my S7. No issues thus far. :)

Remember, there's always the return policy as well if things really don't work out well for you.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

I just left MacRumor forum, and if I wasn't blind, I could report they have many issues with the iPhones now, and in the past. I had a iPhone 6S plus, which was good, but the size was not. I also had the iPhone 5S, and that was a nice phone, but got old. Just moved over to a Samsung S7 Edge, and though some have reported issues as well, it is also a very good phone for me (Knock of wood). Both are good phones with some issues. Toss a coin

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I would exactly call this an issue, but I am getting different wifi DL speeds compared to my iPhone 6 Plus. On my home network, the iPhone has DL speeds near 110 Mbs, while the S7 Edge is closer to 90 to 95 Mbs. I tested speed on my imac, and that is near 110 Mbs. Don't know if there is a difference in the Speedtest app on each platform. Oddly, they are almost identical with upload speeds.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I would exactly call this an issue, but I am getting different wifi DL speeds compared to my iPhone 6 Plus. On my home network, the iPhone has DL speeds near 110 Mbs, while the S7 Edge is closer to 90 to 95 Mbs. I tested speed on my imac, and that is near 110 Mbs. Don't know if there is a difference in the Speedtest app on each platform. Oddly, they are almost identical with upload speeds.

Make sure you are using the same servers on the Speedtest app. I actually like nPerf better to test my internet speeds.

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the Black S7 on Verizon and am getting a "your device is not compatible with the application" for Samsung's Internet Browser.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
This thread is not giving me the warm fuzzies about my first android phone. Already thinking about swapping for an iPhone 6s if my experience goes like some of these.
I wouldn't read too much into things. Considering the apparently very large sales numbers of the devices, the thread is very moderate in size. Samsung seems to have done an excellent job in terms of quality control. If you think the iPhone has fewer issues, think again :)

I've read through a larger part of the thread now. There seem to be very few main issues:

- WiFi connection issues (which might be related to certain APs - hard to tell)
- some Bluetooth issues
- heat
- screen being to sensitive or not sensitive enough (the latter might have to do with certain screen protectors).

Considering that they've probably sold around 10 million of these in pre-orders (if the figures from previous years are any indication), this is an excellent start.

Also, if you go to iOS forums, you'll find that Bluetooth and WiFi issues are frequent there es well. As there are a huge number of WiFi and Bluetooth devices around, there's bound to be some incompatibilities. Touch-issues with screen protectors are also very frequent. An I personally had to exchange my former iPhone 6S Plus because of overheating and battery drain.

Last edited:

wuttqq

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Anyone notice streaking/halos/smearing of lights?

Here are a few examples.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 92
Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have WiFi issues. For example, when WiFi is on and connected NO apps can be downloaded or updated from the play store. Also, no videos will play from Google movies and no songs will play from Google play. YouTube videos do not work either. When WiFi is turned off everything works.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I am also having the issue of heating. Anyone know what could be the cause? My phone gets extremely hot to the point where it's uncomfortable to hold.
Mine only gets slightly warm when playing games or installing a bigger number of updates. And by warm I mean slightly warmer than usual. I'd say: get it exchanged. I have the Exynos version

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have issues with WiFi. No Google services work on WiFi at all. When WiFi is turned off, all google services work(play store, movies, music). We have 2 phones and it ius doing the same thing on both.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks