Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
This is my first Android phone. This is also the first non-removable battery device I've owned. Power and volume buttons stopped working. I don't know how to reboot without a restart app. They all seem to want me to root, and I don't know anything about that either.

I usually just keep holding the power button until it restarts.

Posted via the Android Central App

scottaco

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I've finally fixed it! By holding down the power button and volume down at the same time, it restarted. Kinda ironic as these were the buttons that weren't responding. All buttons seem to working fine now.

cbsstone872

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Did that. Fixed it. Thanks. Im still gonna use that 32gb for apps. I don't need a lot of room for my apps. But having that SD card slot back is so nice. Ive gotten about a dozen of my favorite movies downloaded and still have 113gb left. Loving this beast of a phone.

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
The only issue I have had is with Google specific apps, i.e. Google Play store, Play Music. On WIFI, I cannot download anything, can't watch any Youtube videos or log into Play Music. Doesn't matter what WIFI it is, it will not work on WIFI. 4G LTE is great, but no WIFI. WIFI works great for everything else but Google Play apps.
I have the exact same issue.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have issues with WiFi. No Google services work on WiFi at all. When WiFi is turned off, all google services work(play store, movies, music). We have 2 phones and it ius doing the same thing on both.

I remember with the S6, I had some weird WiFi issues and they all got solved when I reset my modem. I think I had to reset it a few times and then everything worked normally.

dreaming of electric sheep

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hold power and volume down for about 10-15 seconds and it should force a reboot. BTW it will feel a lot longer than 10 seconds but it actually wont be.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Google Play Music to sd card? In the Google Play app settings, there is a setting to use either internal or external storage. I have mine set to External storage, so why are my Play Music downloads still saving to the internal storage and not using my sd card? This is a MAJOR bummer since Google Play is my biggest storage hog of all my apps. Any suggestions on a fix for this? Anyone else noticing this?

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Google Play Music to sd card? In the Google Play app settings, there is a setting to use either internal or external storage. I have mine set to External storage, so why are my Play Music downloads still saving to the internal storage and not using my sd card? This is a MAJOR bummer since Google Play is my biggest storage hog of all my apps. Any suggestions on a fix for this? Anyone else noticing this?

My songs downloaded with no problem to my sd card using google music.

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Chrome sucks, use Samsung browser with ad blocker and you will see it's as smooth as Safari on iOS.

Which ad blocker are you using or recommend with the Samsung Browser?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw a later post with the same question that you answered promptly. Downloaded that particular one and will be putting it through the paces momentarily. Thanks.

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Didn't read through entire thread, but the only issues that I'm seeing is my contacts being duplicated 4 times when in the Verizon messenge+ app. The other issue is that after I take a few pictures when I click the picture while in my camera to review and try to swipe to my previous pictures, my phone exits the picture review and goes back to the camera.

poocho_poocho

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I was ready to switch my iPhone 6s but not after reading all this. I've had a new iphone every year since the 3GS and literally had no failures. The hardware and software worked flawless. I have a 5 year old iPad that still works like a charm. Watch hours of Netflix a day on it. I may not have all the customization but it's smooth fast and dependable.

if this is how you make your purchase decisions then let me tell you that you would never be able to buy any product. a product forum to discuss quality issues is where you will find issues. be it an iphone or a s7 edge or a mac or anything. this is where the very vocal minority raises its voice the most. you had no issues with any of the iphones because majority of the mass consumer products by reputed companies do not suffer from such issues.

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Which ad blocker are you using or recommend with the Samsung Browser?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw a later post with the same question that you answered promptly. Downloaded that particular one and will be putting it through the paces momentarily. Thanks.

Would you mind sharing the name of the ad blocker? ☺

Last edited:

nastynate2002

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone had issues wit the multitasking / back buttons freaking out and long pressing themselves? It's like the input on the bottom edges are wonky and think they are being pressed when they aren't....this is my first Sammy though and I'm not sure if I'm just holding the phone wrong or if it's a legit bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000