Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys I have the Verizon S7 edge in Gold. I've already started seeing spots in my home button and a deep scratch in the middle. Anybody else have the same issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It's my only phone. So sadly I can't take a picture of it. I was thinking of exchanging it but the data transfer process is a horrible pain in the S7 edge. It was much easier in the S6 edge with the internal memory. My Google Photos backup is recognizing my previously backed up photos that I've transfer to my SD card for this phone as new. It's like backing up 34,000 photos since I got it on the 10th.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have their wifi shut off for no reason? The phone will work just fine. But if I put it down and leave it for a while, when I go back to it the wifi will be shut off. I've got to go back to Settings, wifi, and turn it back on. It'll connect right up again, but why is this happening? I do have automate installed and running the shut off wifi flow for when I leave home. But i also have it running on my galaxy S6 edge without issues.

Posted via Android Central App

kcdon1960

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have their wifi shut off for no reason? The phone will work just fine. But if I put it down and leave it for a while, when I go back to it the wifi will be shut off. I've got to go back to Settings, wifi, and turn it back on. It'll connect right up again, but why is this happening? I do have automate installed and running the shut off wifi flow for when I leave home. But i also have it running on my galaxy S6 edge without issues.

In a similar issue, my Rhapsody just stops playing after a fixed time period, seems about a minute. Doesn't crash, just stops. I can push play, and it picks up the song where it left off.

Anyone else?

dinoo82

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!
I have the s7 edge from Tmobile and every time i pull down the notification bar to sync my apps, a popup tip/help would show saying
"Turn on Auto sync
Any changes you make to your accounts on the web will be automatically copied to your device.... and it goes on..."

Below the message, it will then say either cancel or OK. Is there a way to disable this pop up / tip from showing up every time I click on the sync button??

Thanks!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Guys I'm thinking to take mine back to store and demand a replacement.

It's urgent.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening to you or not:

Phone freezes. All buttons become unresponsive. You have to reset it with volume down+ power because even power button doesn't work?

Because I'm not sure anymore is it software problem or not?

It did this since day 1. And it already destroyed my 64 gb sD card - I'm thinking that because after it froze like that and came back my card became corrupted

So I ordered a new card but I fear it'll cost me another sd card if I try new one if this phone is faulty

PLEASE HELP!

Have had none of those issue with mine, in the two days since I activated it. I'm using a SanDisk 64 GB card and it's been fine. Do a factory reset first, and if the problems still occur on a bone stock phone return it.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Well, I had the phone turn on airplane mode out of the blue twice last week.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had my S7 Edge shut completely
I saw this VIDEO & it helped me
* VIDEO *

Holding down Volume & Power key boot it up for me

I also had a issue when i hit the menu key to shut all Apps
it would ask me to Set TouchWiz Easy or Normal
So i re format it & works fine now :)

I think it was one of the Apps i installed that messed it up
maybe im wrong,Its a New Phone this should not happen

I belive alls well if it ends well :cool:

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the S7 edge in Gold and it has some serious quality issues. I haven't dropped it once on floor, only on carpet and two of my corners and my back glass are already chipped. Considering doing the 30$ restocking option, but i'm considered about not getting the Gear S2 then. What do you guys suggest?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
after i leave my S7 Edge on the Fast Wireless Charger (the horizontal round disc shaped model, not the vertically slanted model) for a while, oddly, the "Always On Display" is no longer displaying.

i don't see a setting for that, so i'm wondering if something is wrong or maybe something else?

anyone else experiencing this?

one other forum member wrote that his display can go all black even when it is NOT on the fast wireless charger, i.e. in one's pocket. hope some good folks here can offer some ideas, situations when it happens, and possibly discover a solution.

thanks.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint silver model, just now noticed, that when recording a video the screen is all jittery and not smooth like it was on my S6. The videos themselves come out great though.

Update:

While shooting fhd (60 fps) the screen smooths out while recording but has a slight stutter about every 3 seconds. This transfers to the recording as well whether on sd card or internal.

Last edited:

SamAndroid123

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Guys I'm thinking to take mine back to store and demand a replacement.

It's urgent.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening to you or not:

Phone freezes. All buttons become unresponsive. You have to reset it with volume down+ power because even power button doesn't work?

Because I'm not sure anymore is it software problem or not?

It did this since day 1. And it already destroyed my 64 gb sD card - I'm thinking that because after it froze like that and came back my card became corrupted

So I ordered a new card but I fear it'll cost me another sd card if I try new one if this phone is faulty

PLEASE HELP!

Same thing happened to me unfortunately a few times now. Freezing and turning itself off. Hoping it's just a bug that will get fixed soon. UK Edge.

Spaztrick

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Sprint version of the phone since March 9th and have generally had no issues. Until this afternoon my notification panel will not swipe down anymore. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have not gone through a factory reset yet (and not really sure how).

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Sprint version of the phone since March 9th and have generally had no issues. Until this afternoon my notification panel will not swipe down anymore. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have not gone through a factory reset yet (and not really sure how).

Have you tried restarting your phone?