Visit site
I took mine to Samsung customer service they Updated the Software reformat it
& i installed everything fresh working fine now for me

before i had formated but still had issues
seems they do a fresh install of the software :cool:

chilledbeer

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hoping we can get a thread for anyone experiencing problems with their new S7 Edge. This isnt a hate thread, I love my new phone. I am seeing a few possible issues though:

1. Straight from the box, the device is running very hot, only when screen is on. (yes, I've rebooted and closed all apps).
2. I tested the waterproofing by running under the faucet. Just a light flow of water, but AFTER fully drying and waiting for a good 30+ minutes to test, it did distort the speaker for a few hours, and the phone would freak out if I tried to plug in to charge. Again, it was FULLY dried and I waited 30+ minutes. It took a couple of hours for the cable charging to work again.
3. Turning on ULTRA power saving mode completely killed my google now launcher settings. Removed all widgets and shortcuts, other than 1 google folder. This may be a known issue, just mentioning it for others.

Again, I am LOVING this new phone. Every phone ever made has a few quirks. Just sharing info here :)

No problems with overheating here. Gmail pushes through reliably but I've set my push settings every 6 hours or so as I'm more concerned about my work emails on Office365 being pushed as they arrive. No slomo gate on my phone either. I haven't had the need to try power saving or ultra power saving and use stock Samsung skin with the Android N theme turned on. All fine on my device.

However, I'm on the Exynos version not SD.

Posted via the Android Central App

Steve Hughes3

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
My s7 lasted 13 days. Was really hot to touch after every charge and during periods of extended use. On day 13 the screen completely died (pitch black). Phone was still working but couldn't see anything on screen.

Referred to network who sent it off for testing. Got it back earlier this week after being repaired so hopefully won't happen again. They didn't say what the cause was.

Is still quite hot though... 🙁

lkreykes

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I have a Verizon snapdragon model S7 Edge. No SD card. I was trying to record video in 1080p60 mode, and at about 1 minute in, it froze and got stuck. Would not respond to literally anything. None of the buttons would do anything. The phone got extremely hot, and after about 15min the screen went black. I tried holding power vol down and vol up and it finally went to the boot menu, where I was able to restart it. Battery had gone down 20% during this process, but it has been fine so far. Why in the world would it not be able to record video?

cipo3a

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Guys I am having an issue with the glass at area arround the speaker grill . There is a spot around it which is a bit darker black and looks like a smudge. When seen under direct light it is very easy to notice. I cannot determine though whether this is something at the top of the glass or inside and whether that might have compromised the water resistance. Does any one of you has a similar issue or experience which such a problem and what is the best thing to do. Here in my country I must wait about 30 days if I return it under warranty so if it is just a cosmetic issue I can live with it.
View attachment 223258

My guess it is unglued area under the glass. I have something similar on one of the edges. Dunno how this may effect waterproofing...

Last edited:

pbreeze

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
First night with AT&T edge. Watching YT, then the video freezes and there is a LOUD constant beep that goes on for about 15 seconds straight almost like an alarm going off. The phone is on mute, mind you. Then the phone restarts itself. Yikes. Never seen anything like it on a phone.

I've had mine for 3 days and just experienced this last night. Freaked me out!! S7 Edge on AT&T.

You ever get anything done about it?

cipo3a

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 days and just experienced this last night. Freaked me out!! S7 Edge on AT&T.

You ever get anything done about it?

I had something like that in the past with older phones. I'm not an expert in this field but, my guess, it has something to do with memory overwhelming. You should contact Samsung support and report about the issue. Pretty sure, they will recommend you to do the factory reset. Most likely it will fix the problem. And, I would recommend you to disable unwanted apps after that. If the reset wont fix the issue, they should fix the defect or give you a replacement.

derbypaul

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
anyone have an issue with the night edge clock disapearing? mine disapears in the night sometime and dont come back on until i unlock and lock the phone.