06-07-2016 01:50 PM
331 123 ...
tools
    Hoping we can get a thread for anyone experiencing problems with their new S7 Edge. This isnt a hate thread, I love my new phone. I am seeing a few possible issues though:

1. Straight from the box, the device is running very hot, only when screen is on. (yes, I've rebooted and closed all apps).
    2. I tested the waterproofing by running under the faucet. Just a light flow of water, but AFTER fully drying and waiting for a good 30+ minutes to test, it did distort the speaker for a few hours, and the phone would freak out if I tried to plug in to charge. Again, it was FULLY dried and I waited 30+ minutes. It took a couple of hours for the cable charging to work again.
    3. Turning on ULTRA power saving mode completely killed my google now launcher settings. Removed all widgets and shortcuts, other than 1 google folder. This may be a known issue, just mentioning it for others.

Again, I am LOVING this new phone. Every phone ever made has a few quirks. Just sharing info here
    Donnie Fawcett likes this.
    03-01-2016 12:41 PM
    3. Turning on ULTRA power saving mode completely killed my google now launcher settings. Removed all widgets and shortcuts, other than 1 google folder. This may be a known issue, just mentioning it for others.
    I believe this is normal. Ultra Power Saving Mode is supposed to turn the phone into a bare-bones phone with very few things available in order to save the most power.
    Lastnv, ironass and kptsalami like this.
    03-01-2016 12:44 PM
    I had some heating issues with my Note 5 for the first few days due to very heavy use right out of the box. It did balance out though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    taxiron1 likes this.
    03-01-2016 12:49 PM
    I worded that poorly. I should have said that AFTER I turned ultra power saver off, it had trashed the google now launcher settings. So it may be a known issue, but it persists after resuming normal power mode.
    03-01-2016 12:51 PM
    Good to know, and yeah thats kind of what I'm expecting as well.
    03-01-2016 12:51 PM
    It may be useful if posters could distinguish between the 2 models of Galaxy S7 Edge, which are the Global model with the octa core, Exynos, chipset and the U.S. and Chinese model which has the Qualcomm SnapDragon quad core chip.
    03-01-2016 01:12 PM
    Does gmail sync push reliably?
    03-01-2016 01:13 PM
    Good point. Mine is the Snapdragon/US model, from Tmobile.
    03-01-2016 01:13 PM
    Have not seen any problems with sync in any app. Data connection has been rock solid.
    03-01-2016 01:14 PM
    Does gmail sync push reliably?
    This is a very solid question. Do "Push" notifications work fine on the new Galaxy S7 Edge?
    Had plenty of push notification problems with the S6 & Note 5.
    03-01-2016 01:34 PM
    Mine is running hot and I have some scrolling lag and the screen sometimes doesn't feel responsive but other wise I love the the phone I might have to do a factory reset.

03-01-2016 04:27 PM
    Hearing a few reports of heat. One contributing factor is the new cooling spreading the heat around the back of the phone
    03-01-2016 04:30 PM
    Mine is running hot and I have some scrolling lag and the screen sometimes doesn't feel responsive but other wise I love the the phone I might have to do a factory reset.

Hearing a few reports of heat. One contributing factor is the new cooling spreading the heat around the back of the phone
    Please clarify whether you are using Snapdragon or Exynos model.
    ironass likes this.
    03-01-2016 04:54 PM
    Maybe the new "Cooling" is not cooling so great?
    I've also noticed the display models being unresponsive.

Any quality control issues with dings, dents or scratches along the outside frame?
    03-01-2016 05:00 PM
    I have the snapdragon t-mobile model

03-01-2016 05:11 PM
    Samsung has built in the ability for the charging port to not function correctly if the phone was wet, as a safety feature.

I cannot site my source right now but PhoneArena did a quick article on S7 technology and went into detail about the waterproofing.

Edit: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Gore-...7-edge_id78882
    03-01-2016 06:11 PM
    Heat is just while the phone is downloading updates and syncing for the first time. Mine went away completely after a few hours and now it's running cool and smooth as a champ! LOVING the S7 edge...enormous improvement in smoothness and battery life from my S6 edge.
    TheDonJ77, SR45, huntnyc and 5 others like this.
    03-01-2016 06:39 PM
    Heat is just while the phone is downloading updates and syncing for the first time. Mine went away completely after a few hours and now it's running cool and smooth as a champ! LOVING the S7 edge...enormous improvement in smoothness and battery life from my S6 edge.
    Can't get a better endorsement for this device when this guy was brutally honest about his S6 Edge last year. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Statusnone, mundo472 and kptsalami like this.
    03-01-2016 06:45 PM
    Can't get a better endorsement for this device when this guy was brutally honest about his S6 Edge last year. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Ha! You remember me! Good to see you here Adranalyne!!

I wanted to love my S6 edge but just couldn't. The S7 edge is everything the S6 should have been...perfect size screen, perfect feel in your hands, terrific battery life and very smooth operation. T-Mobile rocks for getting them out so early before the official release once again!
    03-01-2016 06:50 PM
    Ha! You remember me! Good to see you here Adranalyne!!

I wanted to love my S6 edge but just couldn't. The S7 edge is everything the S6 should have been...perfect size screen, perfect feel in your hands, terrific battery life and very smooth operation. T-Mobile rocks for getting them out so early before the official release once again!
    I got some hands on time at Best Buy (since I'm a frequent buyer, the people at the Samsung Experience side didn't mind letting me use one untethered) and I can attest to the size and in-hand feel. Coming from a Note 5, I think the thing that impressed me the most was the fact that it's quite a bit smaller with a larger battery, yet is only 0.2 inches less in display size. I'm glad you're happy with the battery life so far, though. You'd have to imagine that if the Note 5 has solid battery life, the S7 Edge with more efficient internals and a 600 mah larger battery would be even more impressive.

Techno-guy likes this.
    03-01-2016 06:57 PM
    Yeah, that's what I was going to say. The point of the heat pipe is to route heat away from the processor. If the back gets warm, that's probably the cooling system doing it's job.
    03-01-2016 07:46 PM
    Samsung has built in the ability for the charging port to not function correctly if the phone was wet, as a safety feature.

Edit: Gore-tex mics, thermoformed glass: 10 little-known design facts about the Galaxy S7 & S7 edge
    Interesting article. Thanks for posting.
    xocomaox and hcorea65 like this.
    03-01-2016 07:51 PM
    Has anyone had the issue with the SD card mounting and remounting?
    03-01-2016 09:43 PM
    Re- Speaker. Yep - that's what happens to speakers that are wet, once it dries it should be as good as new as seen with the S5, and Gear S.

Hoping we can get a thread for anyone experiencing problems with their new S7 Edge. This isnt a hate thread, I love my new phone. I am seeing a few possible issues though:

1. Straight from the box, the device is running very hot, only when screen is on. (yes, I've rebooted and closed all apps).
    2. I tested the waterproofing by running under the faucet. Just a light flow of water, but AFTER fully drying and waiting for a good 30+ minutes to test, it did distort the speaker for a few hours, and the phone would freak out if I tried to plug in to charge. Again, it was FULLY dried and I waited 30+ minutes. It took a couple of hours for the cable charging to work again.

Again, I am LOVING this new phone. Every phone ever made has a few quirks. Just sharing info here
    03-01-2016 10:03 PM
    Good to know, thank you. I waited almost an hour, and fully towel dried the phone, and the charger was acting crazy for a while. Not an ongoing problem though, it did resolve itself.
    03-02-2016 06:50 AM
331 123 ...