Any word on what the 6 free VR gear games will be?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen a title list yet. And this is the official Samsung description:
Oculus Content titles will be determined in Oculus’s sole discretion

So I guess it'll vary by region. For the US though, redemption for T-Mobile users begins on this Friday, so we might find out soon enough.

UPDATE: So I jumped the rope too soon. It does say that it will vary by CARRIER, but it gives some ideas of titles that might make it to your particular promo bundle.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d-with-galaxy-s7-pre-orders%2F&token=2n95tRCB

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen a title list yet. And this is the official Samsung description:
Oculus Content titles will be determined in Oculus’s sole discretion

So I guess it'll vary by region. For the US though, redemption for T-Mobile users begins on this Friday, so we might find out soon enough.

UPDATE: So I jumped the rope too soon. It does say that it will vary by CARRIER, but it gives some ideas of titles that might make it to your particular promo bundle.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d-with-galaxy-s7-pre-orders%2F&token=7L_9ziuu

If you click on the link, the guy in the photo is holding a game controller while wearing the VR glasses. Do we need game controllers to play games on VR? Surely that's not the case.

I'm really excited about these glasses. I never would have bought them for myself out of pocket, but I'm really looking forward to them.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only for some, and I believe it's optional. Think about it, when you have the phone hanging in front of your face inside a case, there's not much room for on-screen interaction.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Only for some, and I believe it's optional. Think about it, when you have the phone hanging in front of your face inside a case, there's not much room for on-screen interaction.

I can see the logic in needing a separate controller. I just don't want to have to spend money to buy one.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the Vr gear shipped with the phone? I ordered S7 Edge on March 1.

Posted via the Android Central App

Not that I know of. I saw an user claim that their order said VR unit, but never saw confirmation that it actually arrived. I got mine from T-Mobile yesterday and nope, you have to register on Samsung to get the VR. Registration starts this Friday.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I can see the logic in needing a separate controller. I just don't want to have to spend money to buy one.

Most games will have a way to do without them. But some just won't. Can you envision changing weapons in a split second, aiming and firing precisely, or taking specific actions with just head motion? Some shooters get around this by just having you constantly firing weapons or you looking steadily at an area, but for more specific commands, you'd need some sort of input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci