The camera on the new S7edge is phenomenal... But I just noticed that the Vignette filter is gone in the photo editor, something I used to use often. Looks like I'm going to have to try a few third party editors.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-01-2016 02:18 PM
    The camera on the new S7edge is phenomenal... But I just noticed that the Vignette filter is gone in the photo editor, something I used to use often. Looks like I'm going to have to try a few third party editors.

That sucks
    03-01-2016 02:19 PM

There was't anything close to it?
    03-01-2016 02:25 PM
    Nope.... Filters are all different from previous samsung cameras.

03-01-2016 02:30 PM

How do low-light pics look without using the flash? Thanks
    03-01-2016 02:44 PM
    Played with one at the Verizon store and there was a vignette option. My last Samsung phone was a galaxy nexus so I can't speak to how it has changes, but the option was there.
    03-01-2016 02:49 PM
    I don't use filters in my daily life, but on my Note 4 I am pretty sure you can download filters for the camera app from the Samsung Store, and it seems to me like one of the early things that was on offer was a dozen or so filters for free. Maybe check there and see if Vignette is available for you?

Edit to add: By "Samsung Store", I mean the "Galaxy Apps" app.
    03-01-2016 02:51 PM
    I don't use filters in my daily life, but on my Note 4 I am pretty sure you can download filters for the camera app from the Samsung Store, and it seems to me like one of the early things that was on offer was a dozen or so filters for free. Maybe check there and see if Vignette is available for you?

Just about any photo editing app out there has a Vignette filter. I use picsay pro app.
    03-01-2016 03:22 PM

Here is a screen shot of all available filters.

I did check to see what others were available for download, and vignette wasn't there. Very odd... Probably one of the most widely used filters.

Attached Thumbnails I love the S7 Edge Camera-82.jpg  
    03-01-2016 03:27 PM
    4:3
    So 16:9 = 8MP
    03-01-2016 03:31 PM
    I did check to see what others were available for download, and vignette wasn't there. Very odd... Probably one of the most widely used filters.
    Bummer.

On the rare occasion I apply filters, I like doing it later when I can experiment. Google Photos allows me to add filters (including a pretty capable variable Vignette) from the web site. There are also tons of apps that can apply various filters, and tons of camera apps that have different filters.

I'm assuming you are looking for "shoot picture with native camera app, share instantly" convenience, though. Filters are simple plugins to the camera app, so maybe Samsung will add Vignette to the Galaxy Apps selection for the S7 series if enough people ask.
    03-01-2016 03:41 PM
    Chefmorry : have you solve your problem with the Vignette fliter ...i'm searching ot too ?
    05-31-2016 11:46 AM
    You can take vignette photos using the camera in auto mode. Just open effects, choose retro, and you two sliders will appear on screen; "Strength" and "Vignette". I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but it is a way to take a vignette photo initially.
    Hope this helps.
    12-14-2016 09:29 PM