I don't even have a S7 Edge and things i already don't like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Screen seems much smaller than the note 5. Maybe 5.4"?
It appears to still have the same amount of bloat as the note 5.
No dual speakers.
Loss of IR
What audio chip is in it?
Camera is 4:3 so to use 16:9 you have to drop to 8mps?
Rumors of it getting warm. My Note 5 is always cool
Battery life may not be increased as much as I hoped for.
32gb. Samsung is the world leader in storage and they put the modern day 16gb

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No dual speakers.
Loss of IR

• The screen is only .2 smaller than the Note 5 (5.7 vs 5.5)
  • I don't believe many Samsung phones have (if ever) had dual speakers did they? I mean I do like dual speakers but it isn't something I expect from them since they haven't designed it this way.
  • IR - I can't comment. I use my remotes versus that but I do see how some could like it.
  • I am not sure on the Audip chip
  • The warm claims will calm down I am sure. All my phones run warm when I first get them due to being on them more but more so installing a lot more apps and things.
  • Battery life is hard to talk about since it is SO early. A lot of phones in the past have seen battery life improve after a week or so (as some like to say when it "calms down").

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
No dual speakers.
Loss of IR
Camera is 4:3 so to use 16:9 you have to drop to 8mps?

-It's a 5.5 inch display as opposed to 5.7. Not much of a difference.
-I'm sure there's carrier bloat like usual, but some of the Samsung bloat has been trimmed.
-The Note 5/S6 Edge+ didn't have dual speakers or an IR blaster. These are features you most likely won't see much of.
-No one has clarified to my knowledge.
-It's 9 MP in 16:9. The improvements in low light and speed makes up for this and then some.
-It's way too early to know about overheating. Seems more like the exception than the rule.
-Waaaaay too early to know anything definitive about battery life.

I tend not to make snap judgments when a small group have had the device 24 hours or less. You should do the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
People were calling this the perfect phone and there was one rumor that the s7 would have the front earpiece as a secondary speaker with increases wattage. I held my note 5 side by side to the s7 edge and the screen is smaller than just .2 inches.
What is the audio dac?

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
People were calling this the perfect phone and there was one rumor that the s7 would have the front earpiece as a secondary speaker with increases wattage. I held my note 5 side by side to the s7 edge and the screen is smaller than just .2 inches.
What is the audio dac?

Perhaps the screen is appearing smaller than .2" due to the curve?

I held a display S7E next to my G4 and it seemed noticably narrower and a marginal amount shorter. Obviously if you "unwrapped" the edge screen it would be just as wide as other 5.5" phones. Its just the illusion of being smaller due to the curve

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
What is the audio dac?

Sounds like you had some unrealistic expectations for this device. As far as the screen goes, those are the screen sizes. It may seem smaller because it's curved on both sides, but that's to be expected.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
haha. It's not helping that some people that ordered it sunday are getting it. I was super excited but now it doesn't seem to be as big a jump as my rooted silver note 5 debloated with no ads

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Dual louder speakers is not unrealistic and very possible and one of the only weaknesses not being addressed.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
haha. It's not helping that some people that ordered it last night are getting it. I was super excited but now it doesn't seem to be as big a jump as my rooted silver note 5 debloated with no ads

I'd agree with you. I don't think the S7 Edge is a large jump over the Note 5, either. That's more of a testament to how good the Note 5 is, though. Larger battery, improved screen and camera, more powerful/efficient CPU, and more durable (IP68). To some, losing the S Pen is too much for those things. No shame in that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I held my note 5 side by side to the s7 edge and the screen is smaller than just .2 inches.

If you check the spec sheets it really is 5.5 vs 5.7 -- I am not making it up. I know it may seem that way but that could be due to the curved vs. non curved screen (or possibly the bezels).

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge specs | Android Central -
Display:
5.5-inch 2560x1440
Super AMOLED
Dual edge screen

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 specs | Android Central -
Display:
5.7-inch QHD (2560x1440, 518 ppi) Super AMOLED

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
This seems more a case of buyer's remorse/early adopter's panic lol I see it every time a new flagship debuts. People start looking for problems where they may or may not exist. I sometimes find myself doing the same. But you really have to live with a phone for at least a week to know if it's for you or not.

The over heating could be a real issue if more and more people report it and it doesn't improve. The rest, I need to judge it for myself. Thank God we have time to return it.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Had mine for 24 hours now and battery life is terrific so take that off your complaint list! The 3600mAh battery (plus Marshmallow) is an enormous improvement and I'm pretty sensitive to poor battery life (like my S6 edge had). Very happy so far.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Had mine for 24 hours now and battery life is terrific so take that off your complaint list! The 3600mAh battery (plus Marshmallow) is an enormous improvement and I'm pretty sensitive to poor battery life (like my S6 edge had). Very happy so far.
If you are coming from a s6 edge it's like having DOUBLE the battery life

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Dual louder speakers is not unrealistic and very possible and one of the only weaknesses not being addressed.

But Samsung never claimed it supports dual speakers, so it's hardly fair to complain it doesn't. If you ordered a phone expecting it to have a feature that's not in the specs or documented anywhere, that's your fault, not Samsung's.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a S7 edge and no it doesn't over heat or anything like that. It's definitely better than your Note 5 which I had previously. It's an improvement in every aspect other than fixed 32 GB but with SD card slot. I would rather still have 64 GB version but not deal breaker. Every other area is major improvement.

There will always be complaints for any phone, some valid but 90% probably nitpicking. This is definitely a fantastic option at this point, only need to see how it holds up in a month or two.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Having owned every iteration of the Note including the 5 I anticipate the 7 edge being quite a bit a step up from my N5. I never thought I'd go w/out a stylus but I'm ready to give it up and there is chance that I'll never look back. In terms of screen size - I'll take the edge over a bit larger screen. Note was great in the size but a bit smaller with some edge goodness will suit my current use case better.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
5.7 vs 5.5 is 0.2 inches. Unless Samsung lied and the screen is smaller which can't be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.