03-06-2016 08:14 PM
52 123
tools
    That would be nice. I'm not getting the s7 anytime soon because of VZW contractual obligations and I'm too cheap to buy it outright (make that poor). I'm wondering if it's my imagination, but I swear the the battery life is getting shorter in my s6 (had it since it first came out...a year maybe?). I feel like one of the people on their old Apple phones that were constantly looking for a place to plug in. I've tweaked and followed all the advice on how to get more life out the battery, but no go. To use the phone the way I like (Waze screen on while I'm driving, etc.) I'm dead in the water before noon. So I bought a Mophie case to get me through. I hated covering up my pretty phone, but needs must. And I know the IR blaster isn't a big deal for most people--I'm guessing that must have been the case or Samsung wouldn't have eliminated it--I'm bummed because I use it all the time and will miss it. Not sure if it will drive me to the Note or not. More research and reading threads from you fine folks in my future.
    The S6 battery is the worst thing about the phone. Mine has degraded a little but I hardly touch the phone. I love the ir blaster too. They have wifi workarounds but its less convenient. I hope you have a car charger while you are using waze/gps. There will be some good deals on the s7 edge in a few months.
    HMBgal likes this.
    03-03-2016 10:39 AM
    don't like it,don't buy it,it's that simple, this is a LOL thread )
    SR45, anon(27512), Lfsnz67 and 3 others like this.
    03-03-2016 10:49 AM
    The S6 battery is the worst thing about the phone. Mine has degraded a little but I hardly touch the phone. I love the ir blaster too. They have wifi workarounds but its less convenient. I hope you have a car charger while you are using waze/gps. There will be some good deals on the s7 edge in a few months.
    I have Apple everything, but I really do like Samsung phones. And I always like having the latest and greatest (within reason), so I'm pretty sure I'll be making the deal when my upgrade is available. And now between the Edge and the regular...
    03-03-2016 02:30 PM
    The S7 edges isn't supposed to compete with the Note series.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-03-2016 02:33 PM
    It usually doesn't but with it being 5.5" it does now. So much so people with note 5's are getting s7 edges like me
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-03-2016 02:58 PM
    I have Apple everything, but I really do like Samsung phones. And I always like having the latest and greatest (within reason), so I'm pretty sure I'll be making the deal when my upgrade is available. And now between the Edge and the regular...
    I think its a great jump from a s6 to s7. The refinements makes for such a better experience plus the needed battery life. The edge is actually the same size as a nexus 5x with even more battery life. I still have every iphone and a few ipads so i can appreciate the pros and cons of both.
    HMBgal likes this.
    03-03-2016 02:59 PM
    When did people think that rumors are facts?
    03-03-2016 03:12 PM
    The more I've played with the Galaxy S7 Edge at the Mall, the more I liked it over the iPhone 6S plus I had. Than I bought with the monthly payment plan from Verizon, but got a little cold feet a couple of days later, and canceled it. Read some more, saw some videos, and bought it out right from Verizon, no monthly payment plan this time. With this more digging I came to the conclusion that this time around, Samsung has come out with a better phone over Apple. I'm now a happy camper. Though I never has an Android phone, I really had nothing to lose with the 14 return period.
    03-03-2016 05:08 PM
    5.7 vs 5.5 is 0.2 inches. Unless Samsung lied and the screen is smaller which can't be true.
    Well, in truth the flat portion of the screen IS smaller than 5.5". That spec includes the curved sides of the screen.
    03-03-2016 06:49 PM
    Well, in truth the flat portion of the screen IS smaller than 5.5". That spec includes the curved sides of the screen.
    Its 5.5 inches diagonally.
    03-03-2016 06:50 PM
    I heard the heart rate monitor in the back can be used as IR blaster , jus read somewer is that true anyone?
    03-03-2016 06:57 PM
    I always wondered if the edge screen takes some size away from the screen if it does it must be minimal, the other day I had a note 4 and gs6 plus side by side while playing a video didn't notice any size difference just a slight distortion at the top and bottom, anyone know if this will look better with S7 edge?

03-03-2016 07:04 PM
    Screen seems much smaller than the note 5. Maybe 5.4"?
    It appears to still have the same amount of bloat as the note 5.
    No dual speakers.
    Loss of IR
    What audio chip is in it?
    Camera is 4:3 so to use 16:9 you have to drop to 8mps?
    Rumors of it getting warm. My Note 5 is always cool
    Battery life may not be increased as much as I hoped for.
    32gb. Samsung is the world leader in storage and they put the modern day 16gb
    Don't buy it, cancel your order and go enjoy your note 5. #firstworldproblem

SprintFun and optimummind like this.
    03-03-2016 07:05 PM
    I heard the heart rate monitor in the back can be used as IR blaster , jus read somewer is that true anyone?
    That's not true, unless you dig out the useless monitor, build a ir blaster that fits into the hole, and bootstrap your own drivers in to run the new hardware.
    ShinyTop likes this.
    03-03-2016 08:35 PM
    Hey all -- Some posts have been cleaned. Let's not go down the road of trolling and insulting one another. A good debate can be had on the forums without going down those roads.
    03-04-2016 11:05 AM
    ^Thank you lol

03-04-2016 11:06 AM
    Its 5.5 inches diagonally.
    That 5.5 inches includes the curved part of the screen, though. Diagonal or not.
    SR45 likes this.
    03-04-2016 02:03 PM
    Sorry if this question sounds dumb but does this mean it's slightly smaller than 5.5 with the curve? Not that I care it's not a deal breaker at all just lore curious than anything else?

03-04-2016 03:08 PM
    If you measure from corner to corner on the flat part of the screen, yes, I think that's slightly less than 5.5". If you measure from corner to corner of the entire screen, that's 5.5".
    03-04-2016 03:43 PM
    Ok thanks meyerweb

03-04-2016 04:03 PM
    That 5.5 inches includes the curved part of the screen, though. Diagonal or not.
    True. Its still 5.5 inches, the point.
    03-04-2016 07:02 PM
    FWIW, all camera sensors are a 4:3 and not a 16:9. Any 16:9 is just cropping the sensor so I'll gladly take a 4:3 (full resolution of the sensor) and crop to fit my needs.
    03-04-2016 09:04 PM
    Screen seems much smaller than the note 5. Maybe 5.4"?
    It appears to still have the same amount of bloat as the note 5.
    No dual speakers.
    Loss of IR
    What audio chip is in it?
    Camera is 4:3 so to use 16:9 you have to drop to 8mps?
    Rumors of it getting warm. My Note 5 is always cool
    Battery life may not be increased as much as I hoped for.
    32gb. Samsung is the world leader in storage and they put the modern day 16gb
    *Bloat does suck.
    *Samsung just doesn't seem to think dual, not sure why?
    *Yea I like IR but can live without it.
    *Audio chip is a in house chip, sadly there were early rumors of the S7 Edge would have the Sabre 9018AQ2M but they were just that, rumors, not expecting dramatic improvements in audio quality( I listen to music with my Audio-Technica ATH-M50 & Bose QC15 HPs and actually been using a old iPhone 4 for purely music listening, sad to say no Android or Windows Phone I've heard comes close to its AQ, always makes me think wtf, why don't they give a damn about really good audio quality??)
    *I like the new Camera, super fast load and focus.
    *3600mah is pretty darn big, big jump from the S6 edge..(removable would have been sweet)
    *SD slot fixes all storage issues, super happy to see it back.
    Joe J1 likes this.
    03-04-2016 09:37 PM
    The flat portion is narrower, but the height is exactly the same. I compared it with the iPhone 6s Plus the s7 edge replaced
    03-06-2016 01:06 PM
    Yes, but a diagonal measurement takes into account both height AND width. It's called geometry.
    03-06-2016 07:32 PM
52 123