I don't even have a S7 Edge and things i already don't like

Status
Not open for further replies.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
You know what? If you don't want it, you don't want it. The 2/10 of an inch doesn't seem like a problem to me (I, myself am moving from the 5.7 Note 4) but, if it might be to you. You can probably cancel the deal, and some S7 Edge hungry person will snap it up. Most everyone on this forum is chomping at the bit to get his or her new Edge, but you should do whatever makes you happy.

Having said that, I must say, this sounds like good advice, too.
Take deep breaths OP and wait for your device to arrive.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Having owned every iteration of the Note including the 5 I anticipate the 7 edge being quite a bit a step up from my N5. I never thought I'd go w/out a stylus but I'm ready to give it up and there is chance that I'll never look back. In terms of screen size - I'll take the edge over a bit larger screen. Note was great in the size but a bit smaller with some edge goodness will suit my current use case better.
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!

But, that's us. You know, as the French say, chacun à son goût, which, I believe, means, "If you have gout, you're probably not worried about which smartphone to buy."

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
If you are coming from a s6 edge it's like having DOUBLE the battery life
That would be nice. I'm not getting the s7 anytime soon because of VZW contractual obligations and I'm too cheap to buy it outright (make that poor). I'm wondering if it's my imagination, but I swear the the battery life is getting shorter in my s6 (had it since it first came out...a year maybe?). I feel like one of the people on their old Apple phones that were constantly looking for a place to plug in. I've tweaked and followed all the advice on how to get more life out the battery, but no go. To use the phone the way I like (Waze screen on while I'm driving, etc.) I'm dead in the water before noon. So I bought a Mophie case to get me through. I hated covering up my pretty phone, but needs must. And I know the IR blaster isn't a big deal for most people--I'm guessing that must have been the case or Samsung wouldn't have eliminated it--I'm bummed because I use it all the time and will miss it. Not sure if it will drive me to the Note or not. More research and reading threads from you fine folks in my future.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Considering I still own 2 note 1's note 2 note 3 note 5 s2 s3 s5 s6 edge and have 2 s7 edges on order. I don't think that's the case

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
That would be nice. I'm not getting the s7 anytime soon because of VZW contractual obligations and I'm too cheap to buy it outright (make that poor). I'm wondering if it's my imagination, but I swear the the battery life is getting shorter in my s6 (had it since it first came out...a year maybe?). I feel like one of the people on their old Apple phones that were constantly looking for a place to plug in. I've tweaked and followed all the advice on how to get more life out the battery, but no go. To use the phone the way I like (Waze screen on while I'm driving, etc.) I'm dead in the water before noon. So I bought a Mophie case to get me through. I hated covering up my pretty phone, but needs must. And I know the IR blaster isn't a big deal for most people--I'm guessing that must have been the case or Samsung wouldn't have eliminated it--I'm bummed because I use it all the time and will miss it. Not sure if it will drive me to the Note or not. More research and reading threads from you fine folks in my future.
The S6 battery is the worst thing about the phone. Mine has degraded a little but I hardly touch the phone. I love the ir blaster too. They have wifi workarounds but its less convenient. I hope you have a car charger while you are using waze/gps. There will be some good deals on the s7 edge in a few months.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
The S6 battery is the worst thing about the phone. Mine has degraded a little but I hardly touch the phone. I love the ir blaster too. They have wifi workarounds but its less convenient. I hope you have a car charger while you are using waze/gps. There will be some good deals on the s7 edge in a few months.

I have Apple everything, but I really do like Samsung phones. And I always like having the latest and greatest (within reason), so I'm pretty sure I'll be making the deal when my upgrade is available. And now between the Edge and the regular...

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It usually doesn't but with it being 5.5" it does now. So much so people with note 5's are getting s7 edges like me

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have Apple everything, but I really do like Samsung phones. And I always like having the latest and greatest (within reason), so I'm pretty sure I'll be making the deal when my upgrade is available. And now between the Edge and the regular...
I think its a great jump from a s6 to s7. The refinements makes for such a better experience plus the needed battery life. The edge is actually the same size as a nexus 5x with even more battery life. I still have every iphone and a few ipads so i can appreciate the pros and cons of both.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
The more I've played with the Galaxy S7 Edge at the Mall, the more I liked it over the iPhone 6S plus I had. Than I bought with the monthly payment plan from Verizon, but got a little cold feet a couple of days later, and canceled it. Read some more, saw some videos, and bought it out right from Verizon, no monthly payment plan this time. With this more digging I came to the conclusion that this time around, Samsung has come out with a better phone over Apple. I'm now a happy camper. Though I never has an Android phone, I really had nothing to lose with the 14 return period.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I always wondered if the edge screen takes some size away from the screen if it does it must be minimal, the other day I had a note 4 and gs6 plus side by side while playing a video didn't notice any size difference just a slight distortion at the top and bottom, anyone know if this will look better with S7 edge?

Posted via the Android Central App

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Screen seems much smaller than the note 5. Maybe 5.4"?
It appears to still have the same amount of bloat as the note 5.
No dual speakers.
Loss of IR
What audio chip is in it?
Camera is 4:3 so to use 16:9 you have to drop to 8mps?
Rumors of it getting warm. My Note 5 is always cool
Battery life may not be increased as much as I hoped for.
32gb. Samsung is the world leader in storage and they put the modern day 16gb

Don't buy it, cancel your order and go enjoy your note 5. #firstworldproblem

Posted via the Android Central App

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I heard the heart rate monitor in the back can be used as IR blaster , jus read somewer is that true anyone?

That's not true, unless you dig out the useless monitor, build a ir blaster that fits into the hole, and bootstrap your own drivers in to run the new hardware.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey all -- Some posts have been cleaned. Let's not go down the road of trolling and insulting one another. A good debate can be had on the forums without going down those roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781