Upgrading from the S5 to the S7 Edge

RJLOMMD

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been quite happy with my S5 since April 2014 and, using my Verizon 2 year upgrade, I've preordered the S7 Edge. Will I be able to get the data (photos, videos and document files) from my current micro-SD card right onto the S7? Does running Android 6 make me need to re-install many of my apps (for example DejaOffice or PolarisOffice)?

I'd appreciate your assistance

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm also coming from an S5 I don't think you'll have to reinstall I think it will just install itself when you log onto Google but I'll only know for sure when I get the phone next week

Posted via the Android Central App

kpreachers

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
When I went from my S3 to my S5, I had to reinstall apps, but with using Smart Switch, it transfers just about everything. You can also do it manually through the Play Store and the apps you own. I think it does this in case things aren't compatible with that device.

Redraider001

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
You should be able to remove the sd card from S5 and put it on S7 and good to go .. no need to do anything. As far apps data, your google account will have them and you can chose to install them manually or use smart switch

RJLOMMD

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your replies. I wasn't aware of the Smart Switch transfer utility. Will it work transferring data from the S5 to the S7? And will also transfer the data from the micro-SD in the S5 to the micro-SD I'll have in the S7?
I use WhatsAPP and I'd like to be able to keep/transfer those data files as well. Will the Smart Switch work that as well?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc