10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Day 2, this includes about 40 minutes of GPS navigation from Google maps and about 30m of YouTube over WiFi then lots of photos, Facebook and a whole bunch of tapatalk and flipboard, add lots of texts. I was traveling 6 hours in the car 3 hours up and 3 hours down so imagine the dead spots on the highway when I got in the middle of no where and here is where I am at so far.

I should also mention I took this off charger at 5am and it's now 8pm.

Looks like I am on track for about 6.5 - 7 hours haha, that's insane.

I imagine it will only get better.

03-12-2016 07:09 PM
    This is after at least 10 charge cycles. Very disappointing.
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1457836423060.jpg   S7 edge Battery life-1457836432129.jpg  
    03-12-2016 09:18 PM
    Turn on Airplane mode and loop a movie. You'll get what it's advertised. (and in the fine print :P).

I survived a 15-hour flight with a few movies and about 8 hours of BT headphone time on a single charge. Plenty left to last the rest of the day until I got to the hotel.
    03-12-2016 09:24 PM
    Turn on Airplane mode and loop a movie. You'll get what it's advertised. (and in the fine print :P).

I survived a 15-hour flight with a few movies and about 8 hours of BT headphone time on a single charge. Plenty left to last the rest of the day until I got to the hotel.
    They said we should be able to stream an entire season of game of thrones. Call me crazy but a season is 10 hours... how does 3 plus hours even come close?
    03-12-2016 09:28 PM
    Because you are calculating your network usage and they are not, even tech sites are showing 8 plus hours video playback on full brightness.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-12-2016 09:36 PM
    I couldn't care less about Game of Pukes, but I have watched a couple movies on Netflix and it drains about 10% per hour, so yeah, pretty close (but I do keep everything else off, just WiFi and Netflix on a strong connection).

They even made a point of it when claiming that 'always on' screen would help battery life because turning the screen on and off does drain it faster than just using it continuously. You will get better battery life if streaming 5 hours of content back to back than watching in 1-hour intervals, turning the screen off, coming back after a while, and resuming.

That being said, 3 hours does seem like very little and atypical VS what others are seeing (myself included), so either your usage is just as atypical, you have an app that's wreaking havoc in your phone, or you have a bad appl...I mean, orange... yeah, bad orange.
    03-12-2016 09:39 PM
    By my calculations, that's roughly 5 hours of SOT by the time that phone is dead. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.
    03-12-2016 09:46 PM
    I also only get a little over 3 hours of sot with normal use. Now what everyone else is seeing.
    03-12-2016 10:05 PM
    Another user's snapshot. Well over 3 hours and a little over halfway through his battery.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5055765
    03-12-2016 10:17 PM
    Is it just me or is that "computed power usage" on the SOT new. It doesn't have it on my S6
    03-12-2016 10:17 PM
    I noticed that turning off sync makes a huge difference when it comes to reducing Android system battery drain, both on my Marshmallow S6E & GS7E. It's probably b/c I have about 150 apps installed on my phones.

Right now, I'm at 52% left with SOT of 3 hrs & 3 mins.

My settings (~150 apps installed):

WiFi = always on
    Data = always in
    GPS = always on, GPS-only
    Sync = only toggled on for Google Keep & when charging
    Brightness = auto
    Bluetooth = always on, connected to my Gear S2 watch and/or Plantronics headset
    Google Now & Tap = on
    Phone signal = medium to high quality connection (Sprint)
    03-12-2016 10:20 PM
    This was before I charged today. I did charge a little during these stats (before I left work on Friday) but not long.

Either way I'm happy with the battery life. Especially since when I had the S6 for a short time it was horrendous.
    Some of us are still stuck on the S6 battery life. I'm desperate for the S7 Edge already but can't get it until the 19th of May.

I'm curious which I will use more between my 6+ and 7edge when I get it with the battery issue seeming to now be fixed
    03-12-2016 10:23 PM
    How is your cell signal. I've been getting 6.75 to 7.25 of screen on time. I have Bluetooth and WiFi on all the time. Could be poor signal.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2016 10:44 PM
    I'm coming from a blackberry priv and this battery is a beast compared to that phone.

Techno-guy likes this.
    03-12-2016 10:59 PM
    All I can say is wow, 19 hours off charger, 7 hours SoT with 21% left, this means if I had enough Stamina to stay awake I would easily be looking at 8 hours, more like 8.5.

I imagine it's going to get better but this is insane, this is with GPS running for about 40m as I was driving up and down the coast for 6 hours today 3 up anden 3 down so imagine the dead spots. Screen on auto, lots of pictures as I was at a theme park and a tone of texting, Google now tapatalk and more.

Techno-guy likes this.
    03-12-2016 11:25 PM
    Did you turn off a bunch of features on your phone and use package disabler pro to disable stuff? I haven't been able to get more than 3 hours screen on time. I'm doing something wrong.
    03-12-2016 11:45 PM
    Did you turn off a bunch of features on your phone and use package disabler pro to disable stuff? I haven't been able to get more than 3 hours screen on time. I'm doing something wrong.
    You aren't doing something wrong, you just are using the phone differently than others. You could turn off everything and get crazy battery and it may be valid for some but may not valid for some. Personally, I haven't turned off anything and average around 4 hrs SOT. But some days it will be around 3.5, one day I hit 5. I haven't disabled anything, sync Gmail, exchange and bunch of other apps, Bluetooth always on connected to watch, wifi always on irrespective of its connected or not, location on, Google now on and would never turn that off (too awesome and useful), auto brightness, normally in strong signal area.
    03-12-2016 11:56 PM
    I got 11 hours of battery today but screen on time this time said 3 hrs and something. The other day it was 5 hrs but it's the 3rd day in a row I haven't had to charge while at work. My M9 I would stick on the charger once or twice during work.
    03-13-2016 12:24 AM
    Very nice dude. I managed to get this after a test at work. This was streaming Netflix for most of the SOT over H/H+ forced on in a factory, so there's a bit more drain due to pushing for a strong signal.

This was with GPS power saving, Google Now on, 2 email and a backup services account being on and averaging 75% screen brightness. Oh, I was browsing through social media/YouTube/news as well, Bluetooth connected to watch and headphones.

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1991.jpg  
    03-13-2016 12:34 AM
    For some reason this picture didn't upload with the above. So here's the SOT.

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1992.jpg  
    03-13-2016 12:41 AM
    Are you using 4G/LTE ?

Also some of the advanced features like smart notifications etc are they on ?

Also what sync settings do you have for your apps ?

They make a huge difference
    03-13-2016 01:09 AM
    Had mine since Tuesday. Here's my most recent usage (forgot to screenshot the screen on time but it was almost 3 hours). I have location on, no powersaving modes enabled, LTE connection (T-Mobile with usually 4-5 bars, though it's showing one in the screen shot), etc. Also, the date of 3/13 is double displayed for some reason. -

S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160313-043107.jpg
    03-13-2016 04:38 AM
    Yesterday I got 14 hrs. That was with WiFi in a concrete building moderate playing while working AOD was enabled. Last night I charged it to 100% used the night clock portion and it drained to 83% before wake up

03-13-2016 08:07 AM
    Hi all,

I did disable what I deem my normal set up but I'll explain.

- wifi only when actually using it
    - disable HD voice ( enhanced LTE )
    - disabled Google location history ( this is the top drain )
    - location to wifi-network for normal usage, change to GPS, Wifi & network while using maps
    - screen to auto
    - disable all att bloat apps
    - turn off Facebook play video auto by default
    - edit Google sync to only Calendar, Contacts, Keep, App data, Gmail and Photos ( these are the Google services I use )
    - disable Samsung palm swipe as like double press better, direct call this is silly and smart stay as I do not care for this either.

I use Nine for work email (exchange) this is full sync and I use gmail and yahoo mail for personal email.

That's it really, nothing to crazy, I lose zero functionality of the phone, I just limit the amount of unneeded stuff that carriers, Google and Sammy throw at us.

Some could argue turning off things like smart stay is losing features but honestly how often do you use this haha, once or twice and go wow cool, or palm swipe? I can press power and home and do the same, why do I need a sensor going 24/7 waiting for that event when the rare times I take a screen I can just press a button etc.

Hope that helps
    03-13-2016 08:32 AM
    Not mine, but crazy enough. This is with Exynos 8890 version.

03-13-2016 08:44 AM
1,137 ... 910111213 ...