10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I came from a Note 4 and I am in shock at how quick the S7 Edge battery goes. The funny thing is, the battery is bigger and the display is smaller than the Note 4 so this shouldn't be happening. I'll leave the phone on the table fully charged and not use it for 2 hours and 10% battery will be gone. Very unusual.

I am going back to my Note 4 as soon as I get my free VR gift.
    03-15-2016 03:11 PM
    I don't know, I sync exchange all day and Gmail all day easy 75-100 emails a day, send probably 50 text, stream Spotify, watch sole YouTube, Facebook l, twitter, pictures and read flipboard and tapatalk etc and I am getting easy 6-8 hours SoT.
    03-15-2016 03:17 PM
    How many are using the "Power Savings" option or not in order to get great battery life?
    03-15-2016 03:30 PM
    I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I am getting the same battery life out of the S7 Edge as I was with the Droid Turbo.
    03-15-2016 03:42 PM
    Nothing wrong with your battery life, it's not going to be as good as an iPhone 6 Plus or 6S Plus. Look at the pure Android Nexus 6P, which doesn't match the 6S Plus with the 1000mah bigger battery.

Android doesn't really idle well, regardless of how you look at it. So the people getting 5-7 hours of screen on time just keep their screens on not doing much (the screen doesn't use nearly as much power as you think). Total power usage is probably not that different than not using your phone at all much for 7-10 hours in your pocket.
    This varies greatly on usage. There is no definite 100% that someone will get better on an iPhone 6 / 6 Plus versus an Android phone.
    03-15-2016 03:55 PM
    Today was better than yesterday almost 5 hours SOT with fairly heavy usage. Off charger 8am and now is 2:45pm and at 16%. My 6 plus usuallt still at around 35+% under the same condition. Maybe after everything is settle it will continue to improve 👍

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1817.jpg  
    03-15-2016 04:43 PM
    Today was better than yesterday almost 5 hours SOT with fairly heavy usage. Off charger 8am and now is 2:45pm and at 16%. My 6 plus usuallt still at around 35+% under the same condition. Maybe after everything is settle it will continue to improve ������

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Yea, anyone can get Screen on Time like that if you're not idling. Actually you should get 13 hours of Screen on Time if you just use it non-stop.

Battery Life - The Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Review, Part 1

Real world battery life is still not nearly as good as an iPhone, which will idle for 24 hours AND still get 8 hours of SOT.

I'm happy enough with my S7 Edge battery life because it's a bit better than my S6 Edge Plus, but it's at most.. 15% better.
    03-15-2016 04:52 PM
    I was waiting to see how the battery was on this device because of the horrendous battery life of the S6. The battery life on the S7 Edge was going to make or break whether I got it or not. So far it looks promising on here
    03-15-2016 06:23 PM
    The S6 had like a 2800 AH battery. The S7 I think has a 3000 ah battery.
    The S7 Edge has a 3600 ah battery.
    03-15-2016 06:31 PM
    Battery life has been good to me so far when compared to my S6 edge. I can get thru the day without plugging the phone to the charger , which is good enough for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 06:44 PM
    I was waiting to see how the battery was on this device because of the horrendous battery life of the S6. The battery life on the S7 Edge was going to make or break whether I got it or not. So far it looks promising on here
    Had good phones with crappy battery ( sot below 4 hours with normal use) and my S7 edge really impressed me so far. 6 hours of sot with my normal use.

03-15-2016 06:56 PM
    I am absolutely loving my battery life on this phone. Hands down, the best i've ever had on a smartphone. I easily get 3.5 hours of SOT per day and still have over 40% left. I DO have the Facebook app disabled as well as the Lookout antivirus software
    03-15-2016 07:33 PM
    Funny you mention Facebook, one of the deciding factors for me with the edge was that I did not want to have to disable such a common app as Facebook, on the regular S7 unwashed using metal which is a wrapper for Facebook to conserve battery, on the edge I just let it rock and roll.
    Palladium65 likes this.
    03-15-2016 08:03 PM
    Guys, I don't know how you are getting these ridiculous SoT's! I am getting close to 3hrs and 30 mins most days but no where near 5 or 6. I'm on Verizon and I just don't feel it comes close to others. I have had it off the charger since 8am and have had screen on for 15 mins and am already down to 89%, something doesn't seem right. I have GSAM battery and looking now shows phone has been kept awake, but hard to tell from what. I use Always on Display and i guess that prevents phone from using DOZE. All you people who have bluetooth on how come it doesn't even show in your battery list, mine does and is near the top when i'm not even connected to anything. I just don't believe people who are getting 5-7 hrs of SoT what carrier and are you really using your phone?
    03-16-2016 09:50 AM
    Well I figured I am always at work I have an extra charger in my purse plus my QC 2.0 Anker if I want to keep phone in pocket. Yesterday I went out to dinner and their wifi was weak and I ended up shutting it off but no good signal in the restaurant and I went from 90 at 4pm to like 40 at 7 or so it was weird. I had location on and my brightness was up a little more than nomal. On my HTC Location and GPS were separate I mean I had a toggle just for GPS but of course Location had to be on. I just kept it on but not the GPS. I check into place with my Swarm app alot and yesterday it said need location on to check in but it actually brought me up a window with 3 things to check for location. I was wondering where GPS was cause on my HTC it was a toggle just GPS. I had been looking for it but their was one that just said mobile data/wifi I think the 1st one had GPS in it and I said to myself if It doesn't matter if I keep it on I'm always near a charger. I know people say do this and that to save on your battery but like facebook I use alot. I love this phone so much I don't want to have to disable stuff unless I really am not using it.

My husband likes the thing where it knows if you haven't used an app in 3 days. And I was reading this tips and tricks article last night and it said it's worse for your phone to close all apps in the recent window. Just let them be your phones knows when you haven't been using something and that is when my husband said he likes that setting. I love this phone so that's all that matters LOL!

Funny you mention Facebook, one of the deciding factors for me with the edge was that I did not want to have to disable such a common app as Facebook, on the regular S7 unwashed using metal which is a wrapper for Facebook to conserve battery, on the edge I just let it rock and roll.
    03-16-2016 10:04 AM
    You could always use chrome for Facebook.... the app can be a PITA. LOL
    03-16-2016 10:08 AM
    I came from a Note 4 and I am in shock at how quick the S7 Edge battery goes..
    Some thing isn't right, I had a Note 4 and this Edge definitely is giving me much better battery life.. Haven't had to recharge during the day's end yet.

03-16-2016 10:32 AM
    Is Doze a setting you have to turn on? I got 5hrs and something last week of SOT but haven't gotten over 3 since but my phone lasted me 12 hours one day and that was all I cared about I went home after 12 hours with 30 something percent. Usually though my phone sits in my pocket at work I don't use it much depending on how busy I am. But i always have a charger so I guess I'm not going to let it bother me. All I know is this is the coolest and best phone we've ever had.

Guys, I don't know how you are getting these ridiculous SoT's! I am getting close to 3hrs and 30 mins most days but no where near 5 or 6. I'm on Verizon and I just don't feel it comes close to others. I have had it off the charger since 8am and have had screen on for 15 mins and am already down to 89%, something doesn't seem right. I have GSAM battery and looking now shows phone has been kept awake, but hard to tell from what. I use Always on Display and i guess that prevents phone from using DOZE. All you people who have bluetooth on how come it doesn't even show in your battery list, mine does and is near the top when i'm not even connected to anything. I just don't believe people who are getting 5-7 hrs of SoT what carrier and are you really using your phone?
    03-16-2016 10:34 AM
    Is Doze a setting you have to turn on?
    No it is built into MM.

Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? | Android Central
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:43 AM
    Stupid design. I (not Google, and not an app developer) should be able to decide what apps I want to be priority. Just because my phone is sitting still on my desk doesn't mean I don't want to get notified of an email, for example. Or the reverse. Just because Google decides gmail is a priority app doesn't mean I think it is.
    03-16-2016 03:48 PM
    Stupid design. I (not Google, and not an app developer) should be able to decide what apps I want to be priority. Just because my phone is sitting still on my desk doesn't mean I don't want to get notified of an email, for example. Or the reverse. Just because Google decides gmail is a priority app doesn't mean I think it is.
    I am okay with it. From my 6P to this S7 Edge I have had no real issue with app notifications.. Doze or not. Also it doesn't surprise me Google prioritizes their apps .. I can think of another company that loves to do the same .
    03-16-2016 03:51 PM
    It's new... N is going to bring in a bunch of enhancements to the feature. But they got to start somewhere.

And GMail uses GCM, so emails will get pushed through Doze and you'll be notified if need be.
    03-16-2016 03:55 PM
    It's new... N is going to bring in a bunch of enhancements to the feature. But they got to start somewhere.

And GMail uses GCM, so emails will get pushed through Doze and you'll be notified if need be.
    Did you read my entire post? Suppose I don't want gmail to wake up the phone? Or I use a different email provider and app? It should be my choice, not Google's. "It's new" isn't really a very good excuse for implementing a half-assed feature. It smacks more of panic over the fact that iOS is more efficient than Android, "so let's do something, anything, even if it isn't very good" to make our battery life look better. Why anyone thinks I care less about notifications when my phone is flat that when it's in my pocket is something I just can't understand.

I'd much rather Google fix the internals of the OS to be more efficient than add band aids that reduce the functionality of the phone. Google's code just isn't very good. Compare battery life on Android Wear to Samsung's Tizen based watched, for another example.
    03-16-2016 04:07 PM
    thats awesome.

i finished the day with exactly your settings with AOD but only got 3 1/2 hours of SOT... I do tons of texting...

turning off sync makes your phone relatively useless doesn't it? no notifications of any kind right?
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160316-235636.jpg  
    03-17-2016 12:45 AM
    i am really curious to know this as well and its impact on performance. today i used the phone with nothing held back (i usually toggle data etc) but i only got 3 1/2 hours of SOT... this is pretty unacceptable for such a large battery!! I am a heavy user with lots of texting but NO social media. Tomorrow i will experiment with turning battery saver on the whole day and holding nothing else back and see what happens.

I am also considering turning off AOD. If i cant get to 5+ SOT, i will have to return this phone and hope that HTC does a better job!
    03-17-2016 12:50 AM
1,137 ... 1213141516 ...