10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I am getting the same battery life out of the S7 Edge as I was with the Droid Turbo.
    i am not wowed by the battery life either but im only on day 2...
    03-17-2016 12:51 AM
    agreed. I was expecting stellar battery life but today only squeezed out 3 1/2 hours. System and OS took over 46%, and I was on my phone often, not leaving it on idle.... pretty concerning honestly...

i found the culprit! KNOX! took up 26% of my battery! go to application manager and go into the application info of knox, it will say how much of the battery it killed and if you press that part it will take you to android system.... bloat was is a beast....
    03-17-2016 01:00 AM
    I am pretty happy with the battery so far.
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1458218381931.jpg   S7 edge Battery life-1458218389763.jpg  
    03-17-2016 07:39 AM
    This is my take on the battery life of the s7 edge and different times we are all achieving.

According to Gsmarena Endurance rating below the s7 edge is a battery champion in video playing with over 20 hours rated.

I usually get better SOT times (6-7hrs) when playing Netflix for a hour or browsing YouTube.

Otherwise in normal day usage browsing Web email calls and messaging I barely hit 5hrs SOT.

So for those who are heavy on video streaming you probably getting more SOT time than others like myself.

Also as a point of reference I did a video test.

I downloaded a 2k video samples ran it for 90 mins on half brightness in continuous loop. The s7 edge battery went down to 89 percent only a drop on 11 percent.

That shows the proficiency of the super Amoled displays.

Hope that helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-6631.jpg  
    03-17-2016 08:18 AM
    Streaming video uses up less juice than most people expect... Your phone really isn't doing all that much during that period, and the GPU, which is usually less power hungry than the main processor anyhow, is doing most of the work.
    03-17-2016 09:00 AM
    Still getting great battery life. I can't even get below 40% in a day with moderate use. I wake up very early at 3:30am and still have about 60% battery left at 9:00 at night. With the S6, I'd be charging twice a day or every chance I got.
    03-17-2016 10:57 AM
    The past two days the cell standby has been killing my battery, today it used 38% so far it is on the top of the list under the battery stats.
    03-17-2016 11:41 AM
    agreed. I was expecting stellar battery life but today only squeezed out 3 1/2 hours. System and OS took over 46%, and I was on my phone often, not leaving it on idle.... pretty concerning honestly...

i found the culprit! KNOX! took up 26% of my battery! go to application manager and go into the application info of knox, it will say how much of the battery it killed and if you press that part it will take you to android system.... bloat was is a beast....
    Did you end up disabling knox? I heard you shouldn't for whatever reason.
    03-17-2016 11:44 AM
    You could always use chrome for Facebook.... the app can be a PITA. LOL
    Metal is a good alternative to Facebook
    03-17-2016 03:04 PM
    Hello,

I'm a new GS7 Edge user.
    I am very impressed by the battery life.

My settings:
    - Screen brightness: Auto
    - Bluetooth: On
    - Wifi: On
    - Always on screen: On

Utilisation:
    I must admit, it was a low utilisation:
    - 4 email accounts (push)
    - no games
    - "normal" phone calls
    - "low" usage of the browser
    - moderate usage of the camera: about 15 photos taken
    - I have a Twitter and a Facebook account

S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160317-213946.jpg
    S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160317-205504.jpg
    S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160317-205517.jpg

Kind regards from France !
    03-17-2016 03:55 PM
    My stats today soo far..

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-54923.jpg  
    03-17-2016 04:25 PM
    Part 2

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-54922.jpg  
    03-17-2016 04:26 PM
    It would be great to have 2 threads. One for those who sync and push everything and use mobile data. Another for those on wifi who turn off everything and run power saving mode etc. I would only be interested in the first group - those who use their phones, leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time, and push 2 or more email accounts and take no special battery saving measures. Our numbers would be vastly different from those who take efforts to preserve battery longevity. No sense in comparing apples to oranges.
    Dukins and ktabel01 like this.
    03-17-2016 04:32 PM
    It would be great to have 2 threads. One for those who sync and push everything and use mobile data. Another for those on wifi who turn off everything and run power saving mode etc. I would only be interested in the first group - those who use their phones, leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time, and push 2 or more email accounts and take no special battery saving measures. Our numbers would be vastly different from those who take efforts to preserve battery longevity. No sense in comparing apples to oranges.
    I agree

Posted from Android Central
    datgoldmember likes this.
    03-17-2016 04:34 PM
    I got about 21 hours yesterday and that was 3.5 SOT. I was pretty happy with that but this still falls short of these people that are getting 30+ hours and 6+ hours SOT! I am on WiFi most of the day since I work from home. Bluetooth is on, as is GPS.
    Personally, I am quite happy to get 21 hours, that's plenty for me, but I am gobsmacked at how people are getting 30+ hours and 6+ hours SOT.
    03-17-2016 04:40 PM
    Just shut off everything and use phone as a battery tester.
    ktabel01 and nj1266 like this.
    03-17-2016 05:11 PM
    We as u can see I'm in the category or users who actually use their phone daily...it's not glued to my hands all day no,but it's nice to see I have battery available when I do want to catch a quick YouTube video or read a few articles online. Paired to my gear s2 all day every day via Bluetooth. (T-MOBILE)

03-17-2016 05:47 PM
    We as u can see I'm in the category or users who actually use their phone daily...it's not glued to my hands all day no,but it's nice to see I have battery available when I do want to catch a quick YouTube video or read a few articles online. Paired to my gear s2 all day every day via Bluetooth. (T-MOBILE)

And I have two Gmail accounts syncing every hour, A.O.D is not being used.Auto brightness,GPS,Bluetooth,and use wifi sometimes at work. Not fiddling with any settings at this point.

03-17-2016 05:50 PM

Was it charged at all? Those are impressive stats but I sometimes get skeptical when I can't see if the battery graph has an up part to it .
    03-17-2016 05:54 PM
    Part 2

What are those weird lines on the right side of thee screenshot , do all your pictures do that?
    03-17-2016 05:54 PM
    I am impressed with my battery life so far. It easily gets me through an entire day, unlike the S6 which always had to be recharged at some point during the day.
    03-17-2016 05:58 PM
    What are those weird lines on the right side of thee screenshot , do all your pictures do that?
    Lol that's the side pull tab for the edge screen features..I changed the size of the overall tab from medium to large sized. It's in the edge screen settings to change the size

03-17-2016 05:58 PM
    Lol that's the side pull tab for the edge screen features..I changed the size of the overall tab from medium to large sized. It's in the edge screen settings to change the size

Can you not disable it from showing?
    03-17-2016 05:59 PM
    My stats today soo far..

Don't forget to specify that you've charged quite a bit prior to this screenshot.

Here's how we know you did: If your 6.33 hours of SOT is approximately 876 mAh, and the screen has used 17% of the battery that's been consumed on the current charge, then the current charge has consumed 5153 mAh. Since the battery is 3600 mAh, that means that 1.43 full charges have been consumed so far - and since your device looks like it's at roughly 30 or 40% current charge, that means it's nearly done with a second full charge worth of total juice. In other words, your remaining charge represents about one full battery + 2812 additional mAh, which is 78% of a second charge. Give or take the margin of error of the computed mAh value relative to the computed % of discharge represented.

This means that users who are trying to understand what they can get without charging, should take your stats to represent 1.78 charges, so dividing everything you have by 1.78, assuming they have similar usage patterns and signal strength to you, should mean that it'd be totally reasonable for them to expect 3.5 or so hours of SOT on a total charge that is around 20 hours long.

Of course, users with differing signal strength and/or usage patterns will have different battery life expectations.
    DaveInFL likes this.
    03-17-2016 06:04 PM
    Can you not disable it from showing?
    These are the settings from the edge handle.

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-54924.jpg  
    03-17-2016 06:08 PM
1,137 ... 1314151617 ...