10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    These are the settings from the edge handle.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Oh right okay ...
    03-17-2016 06:14 PM
    Don't forget to specify that you've charged quite a bit prior to this screenshot.

Here's how we know you did: If your 6.33 hours of SOT is approximately 876 mAh, and the screen has used 17% of the battery that's been consumed on the current charge, then the current charge has consumed 5153 mAh. Since the battery is 3600 mAh, that means that 1.43 full charges have been consumed so far - and since your device looks like it's at roughly 30 or 40% current charge, that means it's nearly done with a second full charge worth of total juice. In other words, your remaining charge represents about one full battery + 2812 additional mAh, which is 78% of a second charge. Give or take the margin of error of the computed mAh value relative to the computed % of discharge represented.

This means that users who are trying to understand what they can get without charging, should take your stats to represent 1.78 charges, so dividing everything you have by 1.78, assuming they have similar usage patterns and signal strength to you, should mean that it'd be totally reasonable for them to expect 3.5 or so hours of SOT on a total charge that is around 20 hours long.

Of course, users with differing signal strength and/or usage patterns will have different battery life expectations.
    The only thing we are in agreeance about is the last statement of your post. Everyone has different signal and carrier range based on their location..I have NOT charged my phone since yesterday morning, but it's now about time to as I'm in the yellow from reading about T-Mobile now offering YouTube with binge-on, so thanks for the unintentional reminder. 👌 ...Always remember everyone's usage will vary.

03-17-2016 06:14 PM
    The only thing we are in agreeance about is the last statement of your post. Everyone has different signal and carrier range based on their location..I have NOT charged my phone since yesterday morning, but it's now about time to as I'm in the yellow from reading about T-Mobile now offering YouTube with binge-on, so thanks for the unintentional reminder. ������ ...Always remember everyone's usage will vary.

Oh, you have a 7200 mAh battery? There were no opinions in my post, there's nothing for us to agree or disagree upon except for possibly the "roughly 30 or 40% current charge" part. All I did was state the math involved in calculating battery usage based on your screenshots and requested that you be honest about it. Please don't further insult the community by pretending we're stupid.

To be clear, my first post wasn't calling you out - it was trying to translate your pictures into something useful for others. But if we're going to make an issue of this, the proof of what I'm saying is in my first post.
    03-17-2016 06:18 PM
    Oh, you have a 7200 mAh battery? There were no opinions in my post, there's nothing for us to agree or disagree upon except for possibly the "roughly 30 or 40% current charge" part. All I did was state the math involved in calculating battery usage based on your screenshots and requested that you be honest about it. Please don't further insult the community by pretending we're stupid.

To be clear, my first post wasn't calling you out - it was trying to translate your pictures into something useful for others. But if we're going to make an issue of this, the proof of what I'm saying is in my first post.
    Dude it's a phone and it's battery..use yours alot or none at all...It's not that serious..u aren't calling me out and I'm not calling you out...Have a few drinks and enjoy St Patty's Day! ✌✌

03-17-2016 06:30 PM
    Dude it's a phone and it's battery..use yours alot or none at all...It's not that serious..u aren't calling me out and I'm not calling you out...Have a few drinks and enjoy St Patty's Day! ✌✌

Dude, I know you're not calling me out - I'm not the one who's misleading people in this forum. But I'm asking you to AVOID misleading people, because people are in this thread because they are worried about whether or not their battery usage is normal or if there are things that they can do to troubleshoot their devices. When they see your screenshots, out of context, not everyone is going to immediately be savvy enough to realize that it's faked and they're going to potentially be very frustrated that they're not getting anywhere near the impossible numbers that you posted. I'm explaining why those numbers are not possible and trying to provide a way for people to use those photos in order to compare it to non-faked results. If you're going to press this issue, it is going to end poorly for you. Everyone in here can independently verify my statements as mathematically accurate - as I said, my first post has all the values needed for proof. Let's agree to drop this and move on. As I said, there's no need to keep insulting the community. If this was a joke and it got out of hand, fine. It's over.

If you have any further questions or concerns please give this a read and you can send me a private message, or any other member of my team: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    03-17-2016 06:42 PM
    Second day and second charge also. I was traveling a lot because of my job, had good reception in general but sometimes didn't. Usaage : navigation, texts, browsing, almost 1h talk, and all kind of stuff. Pretty good, not excelent but good

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1364.jpg  
    03-17-2016 06:45 PM
    Also forgot to mention that i was streaming music on sound cloud and 1-2h conected to the bluetooth car listening music

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1365.jpg  
    03-17-2016 06:58 PM
    6 hours SOT on the dot on my first full charge. T-mobile on LTE, GPS and NFC on all day long. 1 hour of video playback, 1 hour of emails, and hours of Web browsing, texting, and updating some apps.
    03-17-2016 09:09 PM
    I'm mostly wifi, have everything not necessary disabled, min screen brightness I can stand and don't use BT or stream video at all. I get about 5-6 hrs SOT and 14hrs on. Not as good as my iPhone 6+. but decent. I use ESPN app and Chrome the most. I have to charge twice a day where iphone was once.
    03-17-2016 10:06 PM
    So my battery was amazing for the first few days. So good that it was hard to believe it was true. However, it's starting to suck now. Barely lasting a day. Galaxy S7 edge by Verizon.

03-17-2016 11:32 PM
    First day (I know I know) so far about the same as the droid turbo for me, which isn't bad but not all that great either.

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-74.jpg  
    03-18-2016 01:14 AM
    Part 2

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-73.jpg  
    03-18-2016 01:15 AM
    Just when my battery life was getting better (like really good, 5-6 SOT) this happened:
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-2016-03-17-14.34.54.jpg  
    03-18-2016 04:06 AM
    Just when my battery life was getting better (like really good, 5-6 SOT) this happened:
    For gods sake , what happened fella I bet your pissed off...
    03-18-2016 05:57 AM
    Ouch! Are you insured?
    03-18-2016 07:40 AM
    I'm mostly wifi, have everything not necessary disabled, min screen brightness I can stand and don't use BT or stream video at all. I get about 5-6 hrs SOT and 14hrs on. Not as good as my iPhone 6+. but decent. I use ESPN app and Chrome the most. I have to charge twice a day where iphone was once.
    Have you tried disabling advanced features and disabling Google location services ?
    03-18-2016 07:49 AM
    Final before charging this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1458310180201.jpg   S7 edge Battery life-1458310188300.jpg  
    03-18-2016 09:10 AM
    Ouch. That's a bummer. Hope you have insurance.
    03-18-2016 11:00 AM
    Ouch. That's a bummer. Hope you have insurance.
    For gods sake , what happened fella I bet your pissed off...
    Ouch! Are you insured?
    I have a tricky policy so going through the claim process, problem is they want to repair the phone and I am sure this is not effectively repairable, so lets see. But really fragile, my S6 Edge and Note 5 took similar falls (lap height) on to the floor face down - this just cracked
    03-18-2016 11:04 AM
    03-18-2016 11:30 AM
    Mine already cracked on the first fall from my pocket
    03-18-2016 11:41 AM
    Man that REALLY sucks!!!
    03-18-2016 12:16 PM
    These phones are going to crack with almost any fall unless you are extremely lucky.
    03-18-2016 12:17 PM
    Another factor I haven't seen mentioned is the content on the display. Amoled displays are great for battery efficiency with mostly dark displays. But as you get allot of white and bright colors the display has to use more energy to display those colors. With AMOLED displays using dark themes can help get more battery life.

This is also why AOD uses so little power.

I also don't think 10 plus hours of SOT is completely unreasonable. Using some math I was able to identify my SOT uses about 2.66 mAh per min. Not thinking about anything else that would mean almost 23 hours so if you figure the display uses half of the battery over 10 hours could be possible.

Everything I have read points to underlying processes pulling extra battery. Several have pointed to Android system, location services, Knox, and a few other services.

03-18-2016 12:20 PM
    I agree Mavrick,

However, there are way to many variables to be exact but most can get a general idea using peoples numbers in this thread if you eliminate some outliers. I have the GOOD app for my corporate email and that thing is a battery hog. Also have bad signal in my office because my tower is close but it is on the other side of the building. The price I pay for this view...LOL
    03-18-2016 12:26 PM
1,137 ... 1415161718 ...