10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    And my results are in after making changes. I'm still not sure why my held awake time is so high. My gold phone never reaches over 2 hours held awake with the same setup. It seems my held awake time is about the same time as my screen on time. That would make sense that held awake is awake when screen is on, but odd at the same time. Hope that makes sense lol. Still a little over 5 hours, so i'm not going to complain to much, as I was barely getting 2-3 hours. I really struggled to kill the battery as you can tell, Subway Surfers.

03-22-2016 06:11 AM
    My S7 Edge is paired with my Gear S watch so I get all my notifications and texts on the watch as well. Many times, I reply using the watch if I'm outside and the phone is in the house.
    I was wondering if your Gear S is still intermittently disconnecting. My gear S is doing the same thing. It doesn't happen everyday. I can't wait to receive my S2. Hopefully that will be better.
    03-22-2016 06:22 AM
    I was wondering if your Gear S is still intermittently disconnecting. My gear S is doing the same thing. It doesn't happen everyday. I can't wait to receive my S2. Hopefully that will be better.
    No problems at all. It hasn't disconnected since I posted whenever that was last week.
    03-22-2016 07:01 AM
    Quite happy with my battery consumption.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-7386.jpg  
    03-22-2016 07:32 AM
    Insane is an accurate word. Very impressed
    03-22-2016 08:29 AM
    I'm on day 3 since charging. I haven't done anything to tune my battery usage.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-482.jpg  
    03-22-2016 09:16 AM
    I'm on day 3 since charging. I haven't done anything to tune my battery usage.

I hate you.... LOL :P
    03-22-2016 09:19 AM
    Wanted to see how far I can push it. S7E with always on display turned off.
    S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160322-114946.jpgS7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160322-115001.jpg
    03-22-2016 10:52 AM
    So should the setting be LTE/CDMA one time a sprint rep told us to keep it on auto back when we had our M9's? Just Curious if that makes a difference in battery. I went from a 100 to 85 in like an hour and a half this morning and it says 38% Android. My screens been on most of the time but I haven't been doing that much.

So today I set game launcher to max power and radio on lte/cdma. I was home most of the day though.

03-22-2016 10:55 AM
    Not sure what everyone else is drinking but the battery life is just ok. For such a large battery I expected more. I am a normal user with nothing special running, but I do run most everything from it. Bluetooth on 24/7. I got this phone because I was curious after seeing the other article about which one..either 6P or S7 Edge, but so far my 6P just blows this thing out of the water including killer battery life. And when I say killer…try day and a half up to 2 days. Again..regular user..email, work email, phone calls, text etc...
    03-22-2016 11:15 AM
    I've just given up on comparing my battery life to other people. When I had the Droid Turbo, I would get like 3-4hrs of screen life and would have to charge every night as my battery would be down to 20%. Somehow, my wife who also has a Turbo would have 3hrs screen time, be on the phone for 4 hrs talking, play Pandora, and would go to bed with like 65% remaining. No idea how, but it just was.

So with the S7 Edge, I'm actually getting better battery life (albeit maybe 30min-1hr screen time more) than the Turbo which is a win in my book. S7 Edge has a 3600mah battery, Turbo had a 3900mah battery.
    03-22-2016 11:45 AM
    You would think the Turbo would beat the S7E but I guess not.
    03-22-2016 12:17 PM
    Not sure what everyone else is drinking but the battery life is just ok. For such a large battery I expected more. I am a normal user with nothing special running, but I do run most everything from it. Bluetooth on 24/7. I got this phone because I was curious after seeing the other article about which one..either 6P or S7 Edge, but so far my 6P just blows this thing out of the water including killer battery life. And when I say killer…try day and a half up to 2 days. Again..regular user..email, work email, phone calls, text etc...
    I'm easily getting two days on both of my S7 Edge phones. I posted a screen shot from earlier today and I think one from two days ago.

I don't do anything special. I have bluetooth on and paired with my Gear S watch, I sync three Gmail accounts. I don't play games or watch videos so it's mostly app use and texting and some calls. I'm beyond happy with both of these phones I have.
    03-22-2016 12:29 PM
    Guys it is all about what you have running. The screen is really easy on the battery. I did the math and found my screen sipping at around 2.6 mAh per min. At that rate if it was just the screen we could get a lost 2 hours of screen time.

It is all the extra crude killing the battery running in the background. Kill those and it should be much better with doze.

03-22-2016 12:54 PM
    Here is what I think of you guys battery life......
    03-22-2016 01:19 PM
    Well, we're all posting screen shots of 2+ days of battery life, so I'm not sure how your 1.5-2 day 6P is blowing this phone "out of the water". I also have Bluetooth on 24x7 with my Pebble smartwatch, wifi, always-on display is... well, always on, except for 9-6 when it switches to the edge clock. Google and work email syncing constantly, Google Now with location-aware updates, etc etc etc. I listen to an hour of podcasts on my way to work and back every day too.

I just hit 15% battery life and haven't charged since Sunday.

But OK. Thanks for your contribution, I guess.
    03-22-2016 01:28 PM
    My usage since the past Friday hasn't been normal, I've been using it a little more lighter than I always do, but even with that in mind, for me is quite impressive what this phone has given me for the past 4 or 5 days, I mean, I charged it to 100% when I went to bed Friday night, I unplugged it at 6:00am Saturday morning, and even before I ate my breakfast I had already 1 hours and 45 minutes of SOT with Non Stop Web browsing including here, reading my magazines on Play NewStand, syncing my 2 Gmail accounts with dozens of pending emails, watching a couple of YouTube videos, etc... After all that I was still at 75%, almost 15 hours later and after syncing with Gear S2 watch for about 5 hours and a lot of other normal Saturday usage for me I went to bed with 50% and over 4 hours of SoT. I wanted to see how far I could take it and I didn't charge it overnight, when I woke up on Sunday morning at around 8am it was still at 48%, so Doze was doing a great job. Forgot to mention that I ran 5K each day using my Gear S2 and the phone using Location in High Accuracy.

I used it a little and decided to put it to my fast charger for a quick charge before I went out again and unplugged it right at 97%, so to give you an idea here are my battery stats on still that Quick Fast Charge I did on Sunday morning. No Power Saving Mode and no Special stuff at all.

If you want to know a detail of what I've done to the phone, you can have an idea of what I always do by looking on one of my previous Battery Tips and tricks on the S5 and S6 forums, but in a quick summary.

1-) Removed Bloat. Most of Samsung apps only left SHealth, Samsung Gear and Milk Music. Disabled ALL T-mobile apps except Visual Voicemail, some Google apps I don't use such as Chrome (using just Samsung browser) and Google Play Music and removed Facebook (just use a Browser bookmark shortcut) and Amazon App.
    2-) Turn off unnecessary Google and Samsung Services running by default, I always sync, emails, calendar, apps, people, contacts, drive and photos on my personal account and just calendar and email on the business one, all the others are disabled if I don't use them or simply not sync them so I only use them when I enter the app.
    3-) Turned off T-Mobile Wifi Calling and VoLTE, never use or even need them.
    4-) Turned off all Improve Accuracy options in Bluetooth Settings.
    5-) Turned off Google Location History (biggest battery drainer since Google removed Location reporting and incorporated into the Location History. Location in Power Saving Mode (Wifi and mobile networks only) unless I need to use it for pinpoint locations (when using Maps or SHealth in my 5k runs) in which cases I simply change it to High Accuracy (GPS, Wifi and mobile) and once I finish I set it back to Power Saving mode.
    6-) Turned off Nearby Device Scanning under Settings-More connection settings.
    7-) Turned off Smart Network switch on Wifi Settings and under Wifi Advance Settings turned off Hotspot 2.0 and just Keep Wifi on During Sleep.
    8-) I've been using less and less the Wifi, sometimes I leave it on but most of the time I have it off, very different approach than all my previous phones, simply because I've been noticing lately, contrary to the old school knowledge, that for some strange reason this latest flagship phones are getting better battery life on cellular data Vs Wifi.
    9-) I just turned off on Friday the app optimization feature on the Battery settings that I've been using since it was introduced on the S6/S6 Edge. It may be too soon to have a definite conclusion but it seems that my battery got even better after turning it off, like if it's not as useful on Marshmallow as it was useful on Lollipop.

As you will see in my screenshots below there are a couple of thing that I've been doing different with the S7 edge that I never did before such as leaving Bluetooth on all the time and the Screen brightness is in Auto and in about 35-40% all the time, the screen looks so beautiful and the battery is so good that I decided to leave it like that, at least for now. Getting more than 4.5 hours of SoT on over 2.5 days after unplugged, it's simply amazing for me and my usage.
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160322-142818.jpg   S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160322-142839.png   S7 edge Battery life-screenshot_20160322-142755.png  
    clintw22 and Dukins like this.
    03-22-2016 02:03 PM
    I got a day and a half here from regular use... Actually if anything it was a little abnormal due to so much hotspot -- http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5074669.
    03-22-2016 02:04 PM
    UPDATE: After 5 days of simply awful battery life on my S7 Edge, I did a factory reset and re-set up all the same apps in the same way, along with the same setting configuration....and now I'm living the great battery life like others. 8.5 hours into my day with moderate use and I'm at 65%. I don't know what was going on with my first instance out of the box but the factory reset seems to have done the trick. Thank goodness, I was about the return the phone and I really love it otherwise!
    03-22-2016 06:01 PM
    Just as expected and a follow up to the above post, I ended up with almost 4 hours and 45 minutes of SoT in almost 2.5 days unplugged, simply amazing. Best ever for me.

03-22-2016 08:07 PM
    Yes. This app is a battery killer.

I keep the good app on in persistent mode. Today I have 16% left so far. 4 hours 7 min of calls, 5 hours 31 min of screen in time. I leave location on all the time.
    03-22-2016 08:48 PM
    The battery life on this phone is a breath of fresh air after the S6, whose only saving grace was the fast charge times. But now I have fast charge and good battery stamina.
    03-22-2016 09:43 PM
    Battery just keeps getting better and better

S7 edge Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1458718214817.jpgS7 edge Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1458718223261.jpgS7 edge Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1458718242745.jpgS7 edge Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1458718251702.jpgS7 edge Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1458718257562.jpg
    03-23-2016 02:31 AM
    The battery life on this phone is a breath of fresh air after the S6, whose only saving grace was the fast charge times. But now I have fast charge and good battery stamina.
    Which was what Samsung should've done in the first place when the S first came out.
    Palladium65 likes this.
    03-23-2016 03:31 AM
    The Battery of S7 is excelent.
    makaroni likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:46 AM
1,137 ... 1819202122 ...