10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    This is today! Can't complain much!

S7 edge Battery life-352.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 11:21 PM
    Do people getting great battery life do anything specific? I've got 33% battery left with just over 3 hours screen on which is decent and gets me through a work day. But it's not great and doesn't meet my expectations of the battery in this thing. I don't seem to have any major battery drainers installed. My screen is normally top then android os and android system next

04-29-2016 12:38 PM
    This is my battery life today:

Screen on time:

I think that's good?
    05-01-2016 11:41 PM
    I'm so impressed with the battery on this, it is as good as my V10 is bad. 5:30 of SOT, a stupendously good gadget.

Though I find myself trying to knock on and read my fingerprint on the back.

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-651.jpg  
    05-02-2016 12:07 AM
    What screen brightness do you use? To get that much screen on but have it appear at the top of the list makes me think you must run it pretty dull?

05-02-2016 02:22 AM
    It seems like the battery is random in how it drains, sometimes I get 8+hrs screen on time, sometimes it's 4, really don't get it

05-02-2016 08:45 AM
    What screen brightness do you use? To get that much screen on but have it appear at the top of the list makes me think you must run it pretty dull?

40-50% with the auto box checked.
    05-02-2016 09:07 AM
    Does battery last longer if you use auto Is auto better? Is that what most people use? I usually just turn mine up and down depending on what I am doing. My old M9 I kept on auto alot.

40-50% with the auto box checked.
    05-02-2016 10:09 AM
    Does battery last longer if you use auto Is auto better? Is that what most people use? I usually just turn mine up and down depending on what I am doing. My old M9 I kept on auto alot.
    I had an LG G4 before the S7E, and I had to use the third party Lux app (a great app) for automatic screen brightness control. That was the first phone I've had where the built in auto setting on the phone was not acceptable to me. The G4 was way too dim by default.

On the S7E, I'm back to just letting the auto setting take care of things. No complaints.
    05-02-2016 10:18 AM
    I tend to use auto because I can't be bothered to change it in the sun.
    05-02-2016 10:23 AM
    On my Sprint GS7E, I get great battery life if I turn off Location. With the phone set to GPS Only, it drains crazy, the number one service being GpsLocationProvider_ex.

Any one else have battery issues with Location set to GPS Only? If so, plz state your phone carrier and/or model & firmware version.

I'm on PD3.
    05-02-2016 03:10 PM
    I don't understand why my phone's battery is dying so fast. I charged it to full when I got to work this morning at around 10 am and I haven't really done much with the phone for the battery to be draining so fast. It used to last me much longer and now I don't understand what is making the battery drain. The only thing that comes to mind is the AT&T update...I think ever since then my battery has been draining faster than usual.

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-6810.jpg  
    05-02-2016 08:11 PM
    Here is the other screen shot

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-6806.jpg  
    05-02-2016 08:12 PM
    My S7 Edge on Saturday night started losing battery power because of a theme I installed earlier in the day. In two hours, my battery was down to 78% with NO usage. I switched back to the old theme I was using and the remaining battery power lasted me until earlier today.

The theme I installed Saturday was a live one that used an animated picture on the lock screen.

Also, I have one app that will drain power like nothing occasionally. I just had it wipe through ten percent of the battery on my Note 5 in 90 minutes. I've gotten used to closing all apps when I set my phone down but I occasionally I forget and then the draining sometimes happens.

The problem isn't the phone but poorly coded apps and themes.
    05-02-2016 08:17 PM
    I don't understand why my phone's battery is dying so fast. I charged it to full when I got to work this morning at around 10 am and I haven't really done much with the phone for the battery to be draining so fast. It used to last me much longer and now I don't understand what is making the battery drain. The only thing that comes to mind is the AT&T update...I think ever since then my battery has been draining faster than usual.

I don't know if you have answered this before but after the update, have you done a wipe cache Partition on the Recovery menu options?

My 4 S7 and S7 edge devices have given me great batter life since the release date, but for the last week or so, my S7 edge has been simply incredible, I charged it last night after more than 38 hours unplugged and still had 40% with over 4.5 of SoT, averaging about 7.5 hours. Today, it has been unplugged since 5am and 17 hours later I still have 70% battery left with about 2.25 hours of SoT.

Just saying that a clear cache of apps on Storage settings and wipe cache Partition after any updates or if seen weird behavior like yours can do wonders
    05-02-2016 09:26 PM
    Here is the other screen shot

Do you leave Location on? If so, GPS or just WiFi+Mobile?

I don't know if you have answered this before but after the update, have you done a wipe cache Partition on the Recovery menu options?

My 4 S7 and S7 edge devices have given me great batter life since the release date, but for the last week or so, my S7 edge has been simply incredible, I charged it last night after more than 38 hours unplugged and still had 40% with over 4.5 of SoT, averaging about 7.5 hours. Today, it has been unplugged since 5am and 17 hours later I still have 70% battery left with about 2.25 hours of SoT.

Just saying that a clear cache of apps on Storage settings and wipe cache Partition after any updates or if seen weird behavior like yours can do wonders
    Which carrier model are you using & which firmware version?
    05-02-2016 09:38 PM
    I got horrible battery life the first few days i had the phone. Now its pretty dam good. I can be on youtube for hours and it doesn't drain like my s5 did.
    05-03-2016 12:55 AM
    I get great battery life. This was yesterday. With the screen on time.

Posted via my Black S7 Edge
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-422.jpg  
    05-03-2016 07:34 AM
    My bad here.

Posted via my Black S7 Edge
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-421.jpg  
    05-03-2016 07:35 AM
    No I only use location when needed otherwise it's always off and I stick to using mobile and WiFi sometimes

05-03-2016 08:09 AM

I have done the cache partition wipe and the cache wipes in storage but the battery life is still not as great. I always notice that android system uses a high percentage of battery and I can't figure out why. Mayne I'll try the wipes again but this will be the fifth time I'm doing this.

05-03-2016 08:11 AM
    Just picked mine up yesterday, battery life isn't blowing me away yet. Its about in line with my note 4 I replaced it with. Hopefully it all gets settled in and gets better. In the meantime I will keep hunting tips to improve it.

05-03-2016 11:19 AM
    Just picked mine up yesterday, battery life isn't blowing me away yet. Its about in line with my note 4 I replaced it with. Hopefully it all gets settled in and gets better. In the meantime I will keep hunting tips to improve it.

Mine took a fee days before it improved. I've noticed a few themes can affect the battery life and an occasional app can runaway and drain the battery quickly. I have one app that does that a few times a week if I forget to close it after using. Just pay attention to what apps you are using if that happens so you can make sure you close them after use as well.
    05-03-2016 11:23 AM

Which carrier model are you using & which firmware version?
    Location On with Wifi & Mobile only, just change it to All when need to pinpoint locations while using Google Maps or other app that requires it.

T-Mobile with latest firmware (APC8).
    05-03-2016 02:51 PM
    I have done the cache partition wipe and the cache wipes in storage but the battery life is still not as great. I always notice that android system uses a high percentage of battery and I can't figure out why. Mayne I'll try the wipes again but this will be the fifth time I'm doing this.

Android system high on the SD820 versions (US versions) is a "normal" thing. Mine is the same, it's the first time on all this years that I have this situation, according to some people, this doesn't happen with the Exynos versions, but even with that my battery life is extremely great, the best for me so far.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-03-2016 02:54 PM
1,137 ... 2526272829 ...