10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    I just got my new s7 edge and i unplugged it this morning, now it's at 80%

19h 44m 45s on battery
    1h 27m 36s SOT

Is it good ?
    05-03-2016 05:06 PM
    Odd. My Sot was about 4.5 hours, it slowly got down to 2.5-3 SoT. Then I wiped the entire phone and did not reinstall any utilities, power savers or package disabler. I am now getting 5 hours SoT with the same exact type of use?
    05-03-2016 05:30 PM
    I just got my new s7 edge and i unplugged it this morning, now it's at 80%

19h 44m 45s on battery
    1h 27m 36s SOT

Is it good ?
    Yes. You'r e on pace for 6-7 hrs SoT
    Visinovschi Alex likes this.
    05-03-2016 05:30 PM
    I think I posted some initial impressions somewhere in this thread, but after about 3 weeks with this phone, I must say that I'm still impressed with the battery life!

I came from a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 (which has a slightly bigger battery, a slightly slower chipset, and a dimmer screen), so I was worried that I would not be able to get a full 18+ hour day out of my phone (with moderate to heavy usage). Thankfully, the S7E has been making it through that entire period without any compromises!

I don't dim my screen (about 75% with auto brightness enabled). I don't close out my apps other than my games. I don't use any power-saving modes. I don't disable high-precision location settings. And I usually forget to turn off my bluetooth and WiFi when I'm at work (although I just found out how to make it turn off once I get to work...so we'll see how that changes things).

The only thing I do do is turn off the always-on display when I wake up (I only use it as my night-stand clock/alarm while it's charging) and I do not use the notification LED. I don't really do it as a battery saving measure, I do it because I have a smartwatch that does more than Samsung's AOD...and the LED is useless to me since I always have some type of notification. lol

So anyways, I am usually in the 20-30% after 16-18 hours of use. Granted, I am only using about 3-4 hours of SOT, but a good 30-60 minutes is used by a heavy game (Angry Birds 2 lately)! It's amazing how much faster that game is on the S7E, yet it's running cooler and still gets just as good battery life (compared to the DT2).
    05-03-2016 05:54 PM
    Mines only read 10hr tops when it's fully charged

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-5935.jpg  
    imex99 likes this.
    05-04-2016 12:38 PM
    How do you get to that screen? I've never seen it on my Verizon S7e
    05-04-2016 03:54 PM
    I just go to settings and click battery 🔋

imex99 likes this.
    05-04-2016 05:48 PM
    I got much better results yesterday.
    17 hrs off the charger & SOT of 4 hrs & 42 mins.

GpsLocationProvider_ex wakelock of only 3 mins & 51 seconds using the GPS+WiFi+Mobile location setting.

My settings:
    -Firmware version PD3 (Sprint GS7E)
    -auto brightness
    -sync off
    -Location = GPS+WiFi+Mobile
    -WiFi & Mobile data always toggled on
    -Bluetooth always on & connected to Gear S2 3G
    -No power-saving mode
    -Google Now & Now on Tap on
    -Push apps running: Kakaotalk, Slice, Pushbullet
    -140 apps installed

Before the refresh, this was the kind of crazy GPS wakelocks I was getting:

Finished yesterday with over 6 hrs of SOT.
    05-04-2016 06:45 PM
    I'm amazed with this battery. I'm at :

1d 21h 26m on battery
    5h 16m SOT
    05-04-2016 06:47 PM
    Bear in mind that it all depends on which model of Galaxy S7/Edge that you have as there is a big difference in battery life between the Global model with the Exynos chip and the U.S. models with Snapdragon. Therefore, a battery life that is excellent for one, may only be considered as average for the other.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)
    05-05-2016 04:04 AM
    But then I did manage to get nearly 9 hours of screen on time with the snapdragon so it can't be that bad lol
    05-05-2016 04:39 AM
    Bear in mind that it all depends on which model of Galaxy S7/Edge that you have as there is a big difference in battery life between the Global model with the Exynos chip and the U.S. models with Snapdragon. Therefore, a battery life that is excellent for one, may only be considered as average for the other.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)
    It also depends on your usage and your setup.
    ironass, jazz70 and Rose4uKY like this.
    05-05-2016 05:18 AM
    I have the exynos version and typically get between 4 and 5 hours screen on from a day of use with charging over night. This is acceptable but not as good as others get. Obviously my usage and the signal strength in the areas I spend my time will be different to others

05-05-2016 05:27 AM
    Yep, signal strength is one of the main factors which determines why some people get 6hrs+ and others get 3-4hrs+ SOT.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    05-05-2016 09:41 AM
    I hate these subtle remarks that kind of try to make a dig out of those who are experiencing phenomenal battery life. "You must be aware that your usage type impacts battery life"...."what is good for one may not be considered good for another"....no matter the reason, most owners of the S7 are experiencing phenomenal battery life. I would guess that their usage (though different from user to user), is the same as those of us who own other phones (again, we differ from user to user)...It appears to me that overall, the usage types will be very similar, and the S7 is getting phenomenal battery life. As a Nexus 6P owner, I'm jelly!!! Congrats to you all. Enjoy the great battery life!!

GC
    05-06-2016 08:49 AM
    For those like myself who have high android system percentage there is a battery bug in version ending in APD3. Thats the reason why most people arent getting good battery life but hopefully samsung pushes out an update to fix that shortly
    pjwk81 likes this.
    05-06-2016 10:21 AM
    Im getting crazy battery life. Its wonderful. Im a moderate user. I did install greenify yesterday, but i was enjoying long life before I installed. Just seeing If greenify helps on those rare days when really use this baby heavily.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-07-2016 07:32 AM
    No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.
    Mine has been awful lately for Keep Awake so I'm going to give this a try. Apart from the app drawer, Touchwiz looks ok with a theme too.
    05-07-2016 08:07 AM
    For those like myself who have high android system percentage there is a battery bug in version ending in APD3. Thats the reason why most people arent getting good battery life but hopefully samsung pushes out an update to fix that shortly
    Does this effect all version? I've got the European one but I'm on APD3. Does the bug cause the Android System high drain?
    05-07-2016 08:09 AM
    Does this effect all version? I've got the European one but I'm on APD3. Does the bug cause the Android System high drain?
    Yeah it affects the European version as well as the Canadian Version. Hopefully they release an update soon to us.
    05-07-2016 09:39 AM
    Yeah it affects the European version as well as the Canadian Version. Hopefully they release an update soon to us.
    Ah that could explain a lot on mine too. When I mentioned above that mine was great pre-repair and poor post-repair (not that I think the repair did any damage), it was the day I got the phone back that the APD3 update arrived, so that would fit the timeline.
    05-07-2016 10:01 AM
    My version is apparently APD1, but I am noticing a slightly more battery drain than usual and I really don't get what could be causing my battery to drain when it's not being in use. Yes, I play games, and I expect a drain when I do, but not when my phone is sitting idly and still draining for whatever reason. I don't even wear my Gear S2 watch anymore because I'm afraid it'll drain it faster and I don't like charging my phone all the time either. I don't use bluetooth or wifi or location (but only when necessary, if I'm going somewhere I don't know, I map it). My brightness is on auto and not set too high (around 10% I believe in brightness). So, with all that said, I still don't get why it drains faster than it should. I know I shouldn't care but it wasn't like this before the AT&T update so I think that messed up the battery life, for me. That's the only thing I can think of because my usage has not changed since I got the phone. All in all, I hope it gets better. I've done all the cache partition and storage cache wipes over the past month. I've done I believe 5 cache partition wipes in total. It fixes it for a couple of days, then there's one day where I notice my battery going down really fast and I can't pinpoint what is causing it. I love this phone and I really am not trying to let it bother me - I purchased a battery pack from Samsung just in case it does die on me when I'm out and about. I just hope that there's a fix for this or something.
    Jorgevale likes this.
    05-07-2016 11:07 AM
    i somehow managed to get 5 hrs of screen on time but i think it was a little misleading since i did charge it a little bit. check to see if you have a high android system percentage. anything above 10% means you have the bug as well
    05-07-2016 11:47 AM
    i somehow managed to get 5 hrs of screen on time but i think it was a little misleading since i did charge it a little bit. check to see if you have a high android system percentage. anything above 10% means you have the bug as well
    Not necessarily. Depends on what else the phone is doing. It's not as simple as that.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7
    05-07-2016 12:24 PM
    i tried to push it harder with by playing games also
    05-07-2016 12:37 PM
1,137 ... 2627282930 ...