10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Just got Greenify because a lot of people say it helps. It seems not to. I just greenified Facebook, and it's just up back and running. Pointless. Other stuff seem to get Greenified properly, but the ones that don't are Facebook, Instagram, and 9GAG.
    I uninstalled the official Facebook app altogether off my phone
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-27-2016 11:05 PM
    Nah. Facebook is too convenient. I got a lot of contacts on Facebook, and sometimes when I encounter a dermatologic case I find difficult to diagnose, I send pictures to my dermatologists friends to ask for opinions. Facebook is easier since it doesn't matter whether the recipient has an iPhone or Android. Lol.

Plus some of my game logins and other stuff use my Facebook account.

I really miss GreenPower. Android removing ability of apps to toggle data on and off automatically.
    06-27-2016 11:25 PM
    Nah. Facebook is too convenient. I got a lot of contacts on Facebook, and sometimes when I encounter a dermatologic case I find difficult to diagnose, I send pictures to my dermatologists friends to ask for opinions. Facebook is easier since it doesn't matter whether the recipient has an iPhone or Android. Lol.

I really miss GreenPower. Android removing ability of apps to toggle data on and off automatically.
    My game log ins require Facebook too and I don't have it on my phone. You can remove the app and it will still recognise your account that you originally started playing the game with. I uninstalled Facebook and installed a third party equivalent. All the benefits of Facebook with no battery draining from the app
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-27-2016 11:49 PM
    Swipe is probably a better Facebook app than the Facebook app anyway.
    shasticat and KPMcClave like this.
    06-28-2016 02:59 AM
    That's what I use
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-28-2016 03:16 AM
    My game log ins require Facebook too and I don't have it on my phone. You can remove the app and it will still recognise your account that you originally started playing the game with. I uninstalled Facebook and installed a third party equivalent. All the benefits of Facebook with no battery draining from the app
    Actually it's the first part that I need more. Lol. Using the mobile site doesn't give me HD picture uploads for some reason. I found the restrict background data for Facebook anyway and see how it goes. I get less than 1% per hour with data off anyway.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-28-2016 03:21 AM
    My battery life today
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1467171155588.jpg  
    Palladium65 likes this.
    06-28-2016 10:32 PM
    I knew this would happen. This is why when it came time to upgrade my Galaxy S6, I went with the HTC 10. Battery life has been rock solid.
    06-29-2016 08:55 AM
    That's not what I'm seeing from the HTC forums.

Posted via the Android Central App
    chanchan05 likes this.
    06-29-2016 09:49 AM
    Every android phone I've ever had has had battery life ruined by software updates. My HTC one m8 was exactly the same and that was despite trying a factory reset several times.

ThrottleJohnny likes this.
    06-29-2016 10:11 AM
    Every android phone I've ever had has had battery life ruined by software updates. My HTC one m8 was exactly the same and that was despite trying a factory reset several times.

I agree. My note 4 became almost unusable after the lollipop update.
    06-29-2016 06:21 PM
    That's not what I'm seeing from the HTC forums.

Different people have different experiences. My HTC 10 gets amazing battery life. Easily better than my old Droid Maxx ever did. Besides, a large majority of people on any forum go there with complaints....not saying right or wrong. Heck, even when I came to this S7 Edge forum, and read the headlines, complaints all over the place.
    06-30-2016 07:09 PM
    I also use swipe, much better!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-30-2016 10:39 PM
    Just got Greenify because a lot of people say it helps. It seems not to. I just greenified Facebook, and it's just up back and running. Pointless. Other stuff seem to get Greenified properly, but the ones that don't are Facebook, Instagram, and 9GAG.
    I asked the group a while back why Greenify has such a good rep while what I consider to be similar (not exactly the same) app killer type apps have horrible reps (as an entire type...not just single apps in that group). I really didn't get any answers I thought were enlightening, and found with my own use that Greenify at best did nothing positive for me.
    06-30-2016 11:32 PM
    Not a better thing you can do for battery life. Use the mobile browser for FB.
    love4speechless likes this.
    06-30-2016 11:34 PM

You can still use your browser for FB and not lose much functionality at all. I'd say the main thing I do miss is being able to share articles or pics directly from their apps. Given the resource hog that the Facebook app has always been, its worth the trade off to me.
    06-30-2016 11:36 PM
    Swipe is a good compromise (and it's not even a compromise since I agree its better than the official app) if you want to ditch the FB app but don't want to use the browser for it.
    06-30-2016 11:38 PM
    I asked the group a while back why Greenify has such a good rep while what I consider to be similar (not exactly the same) app killer type apps have horrible reps (as an entire type...not just single apps in that group). I really didn't get any answers I thought were enlightening, and found with my own use that Greenify at best did nothing positive for me.
    Seems like non system apps are greenified properly, and system apps are not. Facebook was installed as system on my phone. So that explains it. The other apps, no idea. I just turned off all of the greenify stuff except for Forced Doze to get rid of the app killer function.
    You can still use your browser for FB and not lose much functionality at all. I'd say the main thing I do miss is being able to share articles or pics directly from their apps. Given the resource hog that the Facebook app has always been, its worth the trade off to me.
    I just tried it on my tablet. For some reason Spotify premium won't log in without the Facebook app. Honestly apparently it's not Facebook that's draining my battery. It's the actual connection. I blocked background data and while battery usage dropped somewhat, it still is quite a jump. Turning the data completely off is the only thing that fixes my odd battery consumption.
    And uploading or sending pics via the browser version creates compression. Which is bad for my needs.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    07-01-2016 02:05 AM
    Is losing 1% every minute when using the phone normal?
    07-01-2016 07:35 AM
    And uploading or sending pics via the browser version creates compression. Which is bad for my needs.
    Hmm. I hadn't realized the app didn't while the browser does. Thanks.

A lot of my pics get to FB via Instagram, and so are compressed anyway. If I want best quality I usually upload directly from my desktop.
    07-01-2016 02:22 PM
    Hmm. I hadn't realized the app didn't while the browser does. Thanks.

A lot of my pics get to FB via Instagram, and so are compressed anyway. If I want best quality I usually upload directly from my desktop.
    The problem is when I need to send pictures of some of my cases to my colleagues. I'm in Medicine, and while in training, we get to man charity clinics. However, I'm not training to be a dermatologist, but I see a lot of dermatologic cases in a charity clinic. You know, less fortunate people more prone to skin infection and stuff. Often I need to send pictures. The Facebook app has an upload in HD toggle, and the Messenger app has less compression than using the browser. So I need the pictures I send to be at least of good quality.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    07-01-2016 04:56 PM
    Anyone had any issues with charging? Twice in the last two weeks I have woken up and my phone had stopped charging at just over 50%.

Also, I have quick change turned off but sometimes I can plug in the charging cable and it will say 2 hours 20 monsrintil charged. Then if I pull it out and put it straight in again it will say 1 hour 3) mins to charge. I tired it a 3rd Tim and it said 3 hours to charge. What's that all about?

Posted via S7 edge 😍
    07-01-2016 06:29 PM
    So I've been reading a lot of threads on battery life. I just got my edge last Monday, and so far I'm very underwhelmed. I've had to set a lot of settings to off and only leave the minimum running that I'd want, and I still struggle to get through a day. Yesterday I managed about 14 hours of total on time, and about 2 hours SOT. That was with me avoiding my phone a decent amount, and during the work week I'm on my phone quite a bit more, so I don't think it will make it through a day. This quick charge seems very weak as well. I ran it from 4% to 30% last night and it took half an hour. It takes nearly 2 hours to charge to 100%. I've gone through all of the trouble shooting tips I could find, and everything is set correctly.

Now I do have realistic expectations as I do need my emails syncing all the time, and work requires a security software that will limit any battery optimization or dozing, but we've been using this software for years and my prior phones haven't had any issues getting through a day even with all antennas on and fully synced.

From what I've been reading, it seems like a lot of people had better battery life until the most recent update, and now it's gone down. Does that seem to be the case? If so, it gives me hope maybe a software update can help, but if that's not right, I'm wondering if I should change phones while I'm still in the 14 days. Its hard to say, because I really like the phone, and it's not like it's outright dying in mere minutes, but I had expected enough battery to get me comfortably through a day without worrying. I'm just wondering if the phone is defective, or if it's a software issue that it seems several others have mentioned.
    07-04-2016 08:00 AM
    Why is my battery draining so quick today?S7 edge Battery life-1467639347200.jpgS7 edge Battery life-1467639353850.jpgS7 edge Battery life-1467639360430.jpg
    07-04-2016 08:36 AM
    Hey all!! I read through a lot of this thread and I share the concerns of some. I have had this phone for a few months now. Battery life was pretty good at first but lately (a month at least) I am always needing to find a charger sooner than I thought I would with this phone. Some of you show SOT of 4+ hours with still battery life left. I don't even get to 2 hours. Android System is always at the top of the culprit list. Screen isn't even that bad because I don't have a ton of SOT. My usage is usually related to reading news articles on Flipboard or using Chrome for FB or local news. Only watch a youtube video every now and then and I don't play any games on the device. I use the camera a fare amount, but nothing earth-shattering. I'm really trying to avoid a factory reset because it is just a huge pain in the butt. Has anyone figured out what Android System function is using this much? Is the AOD a big battery drain or is it location setting? Very frustrating. Thanks for any help.
    07-06-2016 09:34 AM
1,137 ... 3940414243 ...