10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 45678 ...
tools
    do you have the "always on display" On? and what brightness? location on?
    03-04-2016 03:12 PM
    Today with always on display off. I'll see how it's by end of day.

03-04-2016 03:25 PM
    Will do. Yeah something is messing with my battery and I am not quite sure what yet. Could just be the first few days. I did a reset, last night, and overnight, the battery drained a ton too...let me know if you can diagnose it (20% drain over 8 hour period overnight)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    I'd install GSam Battery Monitor from the Google Play store. It will give you much more detailed information about what's causing the drain.
    03-04-2016 03:29 PM
    Here it is...
    The option is there, just turn off the VoLTE preferred option. Again, if you won't use it, then there's no need for it to be on, and believe me, it does a difference.
    mc4nam, SR45 and Digital Rules like this.
    03-04-2016 03:58 PM
    So is that what I should have from Sprint the snapdragon? That is what I have had in my HTC's.
    Snapdragon .. TMobile.
    03-04-2016 08:24 PM
    So is that what I should have from Sprint the snapdragon? That is what I have had in my HTC's.
    All US version are snapdragon !!!
    03-04-2016 08:31 PM
    Dang... Just saw another video from a Tmobile user. Samsung is really killing it with the battery life game.. See for yourself again

Posted via the Android Central App
    xocomaox and Dhawk1202 like this.
    03-04-2016 08:33 PM
    I just got my s7 edge yesterday. Set it all up and ready to go last night.
    Today... Off the charger at 8am from my office. Been hitting this w calls and with work activity. Then tonight browsing, a podcast, news apps...AC app, little YouTube. I'm @ 44% with 3:55 min on screen time. That's crazy!
    I'm not doing a review but my 6p doesn't do this. Idk... Only one day but impressive.

I may write a quick impressions post based on what I think vs the s6 I had until the note 5 landed.

03-04-2016 09:11 PM
    I'm not doing a review but my 6p doesn't do this. Idk... Only one day but impressive.

I may write a quick impressions post based on what I think vs the s6 I had until the note 5 landed.

You had the 6p and the note 5 and its battery is better than both? Impressive if that's the case I had the note 5 for a week and the 6p since it came out and the 6ps battery has served me very well..
    03-04-2016 09:21 PM
    Ok question is it better to leave mobile data and wifi both on all the time? Or to shut one off when using the other. He mentioned getting better life with wifi also on and like at my work I get horrible signal I go straight to wifi when I get there but I usually turn mobile data off y phone drains quick there. I am on the M9 now. I want to get the best battery life possible. This is my 1st Samsung I can't wait to get it.

Dang... Just saw another video from a Tmobile user. Samsung is really killing it with the battery life game.. See for yourself again

03-04-2016 10:06 PM
    You had the 6p and the note 5 and its battery is better than both? Impressive if that's the case I had the note 5 for a week and the 6p since it came out and the 6ps battery has served me very well..
    It's only one day but I'm using stock launcher and same set up as my note. This is noticeable better than the note 5. And we'll see how it compares to the 6p which I love btw.
    But I don't ever remember being well over 5 hrs of on screen time and having 30% battery left. That's where I was at just now before I began to change it up.
    Again, way early but this is what I personally was hoping for traveling and being on the road most of the time. That 3600 batt..coupled w marshmallow couple be the trick.

getdez likes this.
    03-04-2016 11:05 PM

That is absolutely insane especially when you take on the fact that he was using the s7 edge with no Wi-Fi only LTE/4G.

I'm impressed.

Can't wait to get this beast next week.

Posted by my Superia z2
    03-05-2016 12:26 AM
    This thing is amazing. My g4 plummeted while gaming and this phone barely drains

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-11313.jpg  
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-05-2016 02:30 AM
    Over six hours sot

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-11311.jpg  
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-05-2016 02:31 AM
    6 SOT over how many hours uptime? 12?
    03-05-2016 03:15 AM
    How do you get the menus all black like that? I'm assuming the is friendlier on the battery life than it all being white
    03-05-2016 03:48 AM
    How do you get the menus all black like that? I'm assuming the is friendlier on the battery life than it all being white
    You can download dark themes from theme store.
    03-05-2016 05:16 AM
    The option is there, just turn off the VoLTE preferred option. Again, if you won't use it, then there's no need for it to be on, and believe me, it does a difference.
    Thanks for the tip. Like the improved sound of VoLTE, but have found it to have reliability issues(callers can't hear me "clearly" on the other end at times) More than enough reason to leave it off.
    03-05-2016 05:57 AM
    what i'd really like to see is the difference in battery life between the s7 and the edge since those are the two i'm considering. not sure if the extra 600mah is worth that much more.
    Cakefish likes this.
    03-05-2016 06:40 AM
    what i'd really like to see is the difference in battery life between the s7 and the edge since those are the two i'm considering. not sure if the extra 600mah is worth that much more.
    The larger display will naturally drain slightly more so there's not going to be an enormous gulf between them.
    03-05-2016 07:09 AM
    So my battery life is good but not great. My note 5 seems to have better life. Ive had the phone for a few days but cut figure it out. Brightness is set on auto and I keep apps closed when not using them but my battery seems to be draining quickly. Took it off the charger about 45 minutes ago and I've already lost 4%. I'm running nova but I don't think that is it. Anyone got any tips? Think I should do a hard reset? And if so how?

03-05-2016 07:18 AM
    So my battery life is good but not great. My note 5 seems to have better life. Ive had the phone for a few days but cut figure it out. Brightness is set on auto and I keep apps closed when not using them but my battery seems to be draining quickly. Took it off the charger about 45 minutes ago and I've already lost 4%. I'm running nova but I don't think that is it. Anyone got any tips? Think I should do a hard reset? And if so how?

Check my posts above and turn off the features you'll never use and are running in the background, mainly Location History under Location Settings.
    03-05-2016 07:22 AM
    Over six hours sot

6.5 hours over 12 WITH gaming is quite impressive. Games. Just kill battery in pretty much every phone. Must be that new Andreno GPU...
    03-05-2016 07:35 AM
    Where is the location setting at?

03-05-2016 07:41 AM
    Put phone on bedside table at about 11pm last night off charger Wifi off. Always on Display was on. About midnight I had a notification hit and led started blinking. I turned it off quickly. Grabbed phone this morning about 6:30am and Lookout app had scanned all the apps.

Went from 85% to 77% in that time frame. Seems pretty good to me I guess?

Also, what is dotted line below with 3/4 by it? Is that telling me the phone was put in doze or what?

Went from 85
    Last night I turned off wifi, always on, location, Bluetooth and turned on do not disturb. Put on bedside table at 11pm and did not touch until 8:30am. Battery went from 51% to 47% in that time frame. 4% in 9.5 hours. As you can see previously, I drained 8% in 7.5 hours with everything on and even had lookout run a scan and had a notification.

Doesn't seem like always on is really eating that much battery.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-05-2016 09:16 AM
1,137 ... 45678 ...