10-21-2016 05:00 PM
1,137 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Where is the location setting at?

Posted via the Android Central App
    In the quick toggles press and hold Location, once in there set your location preferences (I always use power saving mode that is Wifi and cellular networks and only change it to High Accuracy that is GPS, WiFi and Cellular Networks when I need pinpoint accuracy such as in using Google Maps or when Running) and at the bottom you'll see Location services in there there's now only Location History and that's what Google is using to track all your moves and use that data for their ads services.
    03-05-2016 10:07 AM
    I got my S7 edge yesterday.....Charged it to 100% at 11m Pst and now it's at 95% at 8:30 Am Pst.... it drained only 2% entire night and I have been using since 7:30 Am....Initial impressions on battery is good...But need to test aggressive...Will keep u updated...
    03-05-2016 10:25 AM
    In the quick toggles press and hold Location, once in there set your location preferences (I always use power saving mode that is Wifi and cellular networks and only change it to High Accuracy that is GPS, WiFi and Cellular Networks when I need pinpoint accuracy such as in using Google Maps or when Running) and at the bottom you'll see Location services in there there's now only Location History and that's what Google is using to track all your moves and use that data for their ads services.
    Thanks. So if you turn location services off it does not mess with GPS on google at all? I will still get waze type traffic info without Google navigation or waze?

What about for an app like lookout that can locate your phone if it is lost via thier website? Wiping phone remotely if stolen?

If the only thing location services truly effects is Google ads I will turn it off. Thanks in advance for advice.
    03-05-2016 11:04 AM
    Thanks. So if you turn location services off it does not mess with GPS on google at all? I will still get waze type traffic info without Google navigation or waze?

What about for an app like lookout that can locate your phone if it is lost via thier website? Wiping phone remotely if stolen?

If the only thing location services truly effects is Google ads I will turn it off. Thanks in advance for advice.
    By turning off Location History you are not disabling the Location service, the quick toggle does that, it just turn off some of the services Google uses to earn money. Read the information available when you go to the Location History menu.

First thing I do when I get a new phone is turn that off and I still have all the Location and GPS services I need and want.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-05-2016 12:34 PM
    Thanks. Reading this makes me think it may effects things though?
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-661.jpg  
    03-05-2016 12:42 PM
    Hey,

As from today I am new S7 Edge user and would like to know how to extend the battery life. Do I need to do the long battery charge in the beginning, do I need to drain the battery and then fully charge it. Or how exactly does it work?
    03-05-2016 12:54 PM
    Honestly I keep all those things on since I want to make the most of Google services and Google now. It's going to definitely affect some Google now alerts/functionality that triggers based on location history. But I get that for people not caring for those kind of stuff they can turn this off.
    03-05-2016 12:55 PM
    Thanks. Reading this makes me think it may effects things though?
    Google removed the Location Reporting that was the responsible for that and incorporated it into the Location History so yes, turning off History will not allow Google to store where your locations whereabouts and it may or may not limit your location functions based on your preferences, only you can determine if you want that on or not, for me, it's not needed. But for what I'm reading you need I don't think it will affect you either.

Just try turning it off and see if by doing that you still get all you need, if not, just turn it back on, you won't lose anything. Remember that this is on by default on each of the Google Accounts you added to your phone, just do it for each account individually.
    Hellzwind likes this.
    03-05-2016 01:54 PM
    Hey,

As from today I am new S7 Edge user and would like to know how to extend the battery life. Do I need to do the long battery charge in the beginning, do I need to drain the battery and then fully charge it. Or how exactly does it work?
    Just use it as you wish, on this batteries you don't need to that anymore. One thing though, look for more info on this forum and on Google able how to prolong your battery life. Here its one article of the Battery University website that can give you an idea, How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University, most of them are very technical but in a summary the idea is not to let your battery go lower than 40% and according to them even when I don't do that, not to fully charge it all the time, just up to 80% or something like that.
    Rensu likes this.
    03-05-2016 02:03 PM
    Honestly I keep all those things on since I want to make the most of Google services and Google now. It's going to definitely affect some Google now alerts/functionality that triggers based on location history. But I get that for people not caring for those kind of stuff they can turn this off.
    And that's why Google removed Location Reporting and went with just the Location History because people knew about it and kept Reporting off and History on and it was the best of both worlds, all Google services and no battery drain, causing them to see a decrease in ads revenue, now forcing it like this people must decide if they want full features or better battery life and they know that they have better chances this way.
    Serious Fun, mc4nam and bhatech like this.
    03-05-2016 02:08 PM
    So far im impressed with the battery life. In my daily and normal use with my Nexus 5x, I usually just get like 30 mins of sot and 60% left in my battery at the end of the day. But with my edge, I get like 1 hr and 20 mins of sot and 80% battery left at the end of the day.

03-08-2016 02:27 PM

This is looking more like what I would expect
    Techno-guy likes this.
    03-08-2016 02:35 PM
    Still going strong

03-09-2016 12:09 AM
    I'm on my first day of use so have not tested it yet. Sat at 96% now after being off charge for an hour and a half. Been using it the last 5 mins with screen on.

03-09-2016 12:16 AM
    This is not bad considering my first day of usage:

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-6366.jpg  
    03-09-2016 12:28 AM
    Is it true that it takes a few cycles for a battery to work at it's optimal level, and if so why? I have about 3-4% drain an hour with me not really doing anything on the phone. Only got it yesterday so not sure if this is normal?
    03-09-2016 03:50 AM
    Is it true that it takes a few cycles for a battery to work at it's optimal level, and if so why? I have about 3-4% drain an hour with me not really doing anything on the phone. Only got it yesterday so not sure if this is normal?
    Did you restore a backup from old phone or did you start from fresh?
    03-09-2016 03:51 AM
    Did you restore a backup from old phone or did you start from fresh?
    Everything but apps, I wanted to start a fresh with that as probably had more than I needed and used.
    03-09-2016 04:22 AM
    Just few minutes shy of 8hrs of Screen on time on my edge and then the device was shut down.

I am totally happy with this :P
    03-09-2016 04:44 AM
    After a week, I just had the first day with 5 hours screen time over a full 24 hr standby. I got the same amount of screen time on my Note 5 today with slightly longer standby.
    03-09-2016 04:46 AM
    Got a questions for you all.
    I got my S7 edge 2 days ago but the battery life doesn't seem to last as long as some of you guys are stating.

Just a few stats: I don't use any app disabler, I'm on WiFi at all times, just restored messages from my iphone.

I'm currently trying at 33% with 3 hours and 7 minutes on screen time.

Seems really low. Any help for this?

Attached pictures of usage as well.

Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-1760.jpg  
    03-09-2016 02:40 PM
    Battery update after using for a few days. Wifi on all day as well as Bluetooth. Probably normal usage for me. 5 hours of screen time with 25% left
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-853.jpg  
    03-09-2016 11:05 PM
    More
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-851.jpg  
    03-09-2016 11:05 PM
    Last one.
    Attached Thumbnails S7 edge Battery life-852.jpg  
    03-09-2016 11:06 PM
    I just got my s7 edge yesterday. Set it all up and ready to go last night.
    Today... Off the charger at 8am from my office. Been hitting this w calls and with work activity. Then tonight browsing, a podcast, news apps...AC app, little YouTube. I'm @ 44% with 3:55 min on screen time. That's crazy!
    I'm not doing a review but my 6p doesn't do this. Idk... Only one day but impressive.

I may write a quick impressions post based on what I think vs the s6 I had until the note 5 landed.

I would love to hear your thought on going from the Note 5 to the S7 Edge.
    I was originally interested in going from the Note 5 to the S7 Edge but have been rethinking it as I might want to wait for the Note 6.
    03-10-2016 02:45 PM
1,137 ... 56789 ...