S7 edge Battery life

GeorgeCorrs

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: S7 edge Battery life is....

That's good to hear that s7 has a very good battery another plus for s7 edge. Well i'm planning to buy this one but i'm still looking for a good phone. That might defeat S7 when it comes to spec lol.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: S7 edge Battery life is....

That's good to hear that s7 has a very good battery another plus for s7 edge. Well i'm planning to buy this one but i'm still looking for a good phone. That might defeat S7 when it comes to spec lol.
By doing that you will never buy a new phone. There is always something better coming

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: S7 edge Battery life is very good

I'm wondering about battery life after a few days use, if you have s7 edge with screen on on the time?
Is there a setting to turn screen off if you want?

Posted from Android Central

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm wondering about battery life after a few days use, if you have s7 edge with screen on on the time?

Screen can be turned off using the power button.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I would guess the Always On screen would take less than 1% of battery life over an entire day. I'd probably leave it on always.

Keith Grech

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

Its alaways best to charge your lithium ion batteries once you hit 50%. Its much better to do quick burst charges (you dont always have to take it to complete 100%charge). Older batteties are a different story. Once every couple of months you can recalibrate your battery by taking it to 0% then shutting it off and giving it a full charge BUT it is not really necessary or recommended. My S5 battery is 11/2 years old and I STILL get phenomenal battery life. It is also not recommended to use your phone while charging due to overheating issues which may lead to damage. Take care of your battery and you'll see the results day in and day out!!! (Especially now that most deviced are going to non-removeable batteries) Thanks All... Keith G.

Posted via the Android Central App

Keith Grech

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

They said that the S7Edge actually feels better and thinner in your hand than the S6Edge even though it's a bit thicker Thank... Keith G.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

I am not smart enough to read into all of the stats in those pictures to tell you but your phone seems to be an outlier so far

Patty L

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Well, stop snapchatting pics of your junk. Should save a ton of battery life.

JK. :D

Looks like you went over and started to really use the phone heavily mid-day. Might be the issue.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

sorry to be a downer, but battery life on my S7 Edge has NOT been good...attached are images. Any suggestions?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

3+ hours of CPU time is enormous. Something is keeping your phone awake and chugging the processor quite a bit. 50% of your battery burn is the Android OS so maybe it's doing updates/indexing in the background. I've seen a few high periods like that on my S7 as well early on but it subsides. Keep us updates in the next few days to see if it normalizes.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Reading about Doze here - Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? | Android Central

I don't see how you would ever know if it is working or not? Does Always on Display keep Doze from working?

First off, it's on for everything except Google Play Services by default. And I read that Google told OEMs 'hands off'... the only configuration item you can touch is whether or not an app is marked as exempt.

Some battery monitor apps like GSAM monitor it now.. but other than that, one way to tell is the idle usage. Granted, you have to leave the phone be for several hours, not exactly an easy task for someone with a new phone, but thing 'overnight on my nightstand' sort of thing. You'll see extremely low battery drains... well under 1% and hour (on my 6P, I've seen it drop to 0.2 or 0.3%/h) ... the longer it sits, the deeper that snooze, the less your battery drains away. If you look at your battery graph, you'll see a long plateau.

Basically, if you put it on your nightstand at 11pm and don't touch it until 6am.... the battery should have only dropped a couple of points.

It's pretty effective. My Nexus 6, between 5.1.1 and 6.0, saw Doze effectively cut that idle drain to gain enough to effectively give back what amounts to over an hour of screen on time a day. Now, it of course varied based on my usage.

Oh, and if you root your phone, you can go in and fuss with the settings. :) How long it waits before it starts dozing, etc.

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

sorry to be a downer, but battery life on my S7 Edge has NOT been good...attached are images. Any suggestions?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I have been experiencing very similar results as you. I haven't had great battery life either. Have had the phone since Monday. Not really sure how much longer I need to wait to let things "settle" down.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Day 3. 14% left
About an hour using Google navigation via 4g
About 45 minutes of iheart radio on wifi
Bluetooth, location, wifi always on.

Attachments

• 613.jpg
    613.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 156

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

5 hours of screen time with 14% left

Attachments

• 614.jpg
    614.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 346

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting great SOT.. Everyone was suppose to get 7 hrs SOT ... How is this possible? /s

dde749acf46a8013051f139221ced361.jpg

c09251302df8ca6bbeb84fb986a4494b.jpg

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Well... Your android system, android os, and google services gone wild.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm just going to turn this into a dumb phone and get that crazy SOT then... Or I'll just enjoy the phone with all the features with still decent battery life. I'll do the second option.