S7 edge Battery life

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: S7 edge Battery life is very good

So, since I got my edge, the battery life Seemed terrible and it was always super hot when using it. I checked battery usage and "media" was unbelievable high for battery usage, even immediately after unplugging the phone from charger. Decided to unmount my SD card and it stopped the issue. Any thoughts? Must be Something bad on my sd card? The SD card has all of my photos, videos and about 8,000 songs that I was using in my S5 and just popped into the edge. Thanks for any help.

Posted via the Android Central App

I wouldn't be surprised if it was indexing them all and using a lot of resources. I bet after it is done you would see a drop back to normal.... Maybe remount it before bed and hook to charger over night and see how it does the next day.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Had you transferred any apps onto your SD card when it was in your S5?

Yes I actually did. Only had the 16 gig version and device storage was constantly very low do transfered large apps to SD. I'm thinking I should copy my music and photos to computer, then re-format the SD card in the phone then transfer just the music and photos back?

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Wow. It's amazing how much smoother things are working and not super hot after removing the SD card. LOL

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I was told by a rep at AT&T that we could increase our battery drain immensely by turning off LTE and just running 4g or 3g..
He said he does it on his iPhone and where he used to never be able to get through a day without putting his phone on a charger to getting a day and half out of a full charge..
Any body here try this???

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

LTE is 4G? If you can deal with the slower 3G speed it will save battery I believe.

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Yes I actually did. Only had the 16 gig version and device storage was constantly very low do transfered large apps to SD. I'm thinking I should copy my music and photos to computer, then re-format the SD card in the phone then transfer just the music and photos back?

I'm no programmer but could be an app on there trying to update itself or something. Try downloading a file manager and purge it of any apps.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Wow. It's amazing how much smoother things are working and not super hot after removing the SD card. LOL

Maybe you should try backing up everything on the card and put it in the phone and reformat. then if all goes well with it empty you could start adding apps and photos.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Maybe you should try backing up everything on the card and put it in the phone and reformat. then if all goes well with it empty you could start adding apps and photos.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks everyone

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

So, since I got my edge, the battery life Seemed terrible and it was always super hot when using it. I checked battery usage and "media" was unbelievable high for battery usage, even immediately after unplugging the phone from charger. Decided to unmount my SD card and it stopped the issue. Any thoughts? Must be Something bad on my sd card? The SD card has all of my photos, videos and about 8,000 songs that I was using in my S5 and just popped into the edge. Thanks for any help.

Save your music to a pc. Format your SD card in the phone and then copy all of your music back again. This is what I do when I get a new phone and want to keep my media on it. Sometimes the file system on from pervious phones just causes too much trouble.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Now that I have a 64 gig card I guess I could add my music it's like 16 gigs and on my computer but when I go to Google Play it's all there so I don't think I really need to have it on my card. I do take a lot of pictures and do some video so that's mostly what my card will be used for. I have 2 folders on my computer though that I always dump on each phone's card one has lots of ringtones and the other has short texting notifications I use for specific people. And since on this phone under contacts you have 2 choices for people ringtone and notification sound I am good using the stock app and may not even use Textra. We're in love with these phones.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

LTE is 4G? If you can deal with the slower 3G speed it will save battery I believe.

Guess not (did a little investigating lol),
4g is 4th generation, LTE stands for long term evolution, so 4G LTE stands for fourth generation long term evolution. 4G and 4G LTE are actually 2 different animals.. I never stream movies and such (Pandora is about the nearest I come) so I'm thinking my if I turn back to 4g or 3g I could save battery without noticing much of a difference??

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Guess not (did a little investigating lol),
4g is 4th generation, LTE stands for long term evolution, so 4G LTE stands for fourth generation long term evolution. 4G and 4G LTE are actually 2 different animals.. I never stream movies and such (Pandora is about the nearest I come) so I'm thinking my if I turn back to 4g or 3g I could save battery without noticing much of a difference??
Apparently you save 25% more battery when turning off 4G or 4G LTE

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

These are my battery life stats after first days use

uploadfromtaptalk1457720509487.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457720519122.jpg

Had 4G/LTE on used mostly wifi tho .

Always on display off.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

You 2 phone carrying fool!!!

My first day is no indication... but to be honest as long as it gets me thru the day even with 5% left at the end I am going to be great. I have wireless charging everywhere... Work, Car, Home bedroom and living room.

I can't help it, one is for work :(.

I can see doze doesn't seem to be kicking in on my phone. Guess AOD really does keep it from activating.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I will test out AOD/doze this weekend. It looked like it kicked in last night. I left it in the car w while I play volleyball for a few hours.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I will test out AOD/doze this weekend. It looked like it kicked in last night. I left it in the car w while I play volleyball for a few hours.

I'll test my later tonight when I go to sleep as well. Will update with results.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
At the end of my 4th cycle I got close to 5hrs SOT.

Hoping that I can do 6hr SOT to make it a solid performer.

Between how do you guys make the screenshot size bigger.

Attachments

• 6454.jpg
    6454.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 134

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I am not going to freak out after first cycle, but I've lost 43% in just under 8 hours with 1 hour of SOT, and android system is taking 41%. I am using LTE on Verizon only, and have 3 email accounts syncing, and full location services, just as I did with my Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair