S7 edge Battery life

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: S7 edge Battery life is very good

I am not going to freak out after first cycle, but I've lost 43% in just under 8 hours with 1 hour of SOT, and android system is taking 41%. I am using LTE on Verizon only, and have 3 email accounts syncing, and full location services, just as I did with my Note 4.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Today battery is much better. I think I can make this phone my daily driver. Give it a few days.

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

I did 15 hours on my phone today and still had 24% when I pulled it in tonight.

Seriously impressed

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I used to turn my mobile data off at work due to bad signal but even the wifi sometimes didn't work well and I would always have to reconnect and my battery would drain quick on my HTC but on this phone I leave mobile data on but get on wifi as soon as I get to work and I've been leaving work with 30% battery. This phone is great! Today I didn't have to charge my phone all day and when I got in my car at 28% I plugged it in. But I don't have anything syncing yet still haven't set that up so once I am fully setup will see. Is it best for me to go ahead and stick it on the charger when it gets to a certain point or is it ok to let it go till I get off work at 30% or a little less? Also what exactly is Doze and what does it do? Guess I can google it but it's a new marshmallow feature is that it? I have the Nexus 9 tablet and got marshmallow on out HTC phone recently but still don't know exactly what it is or does. All I know this is the best phone we've ever had and we got rid of our M9's today. And I usually turn off my wifi when I leave my house and am driving then turn it on and connect when I get to work.

Apparently you save 25% more battery when turning off 4G or 4G LTE

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I used to turn my mobile data off at work due to bad signal but even the wifi sometimes didn't work well and I would always have to reconnect and my battery would drain quick on my HTC but on this phone I leave mobile data on but get on wifi as soon as I get to work and I've been leaving work with 30% battery. This phone is great! Today I didn't have to charge my phone all day and when I got in my car at 28% I plugged it in. But I don't have anything syncing yet still haven't set that up so once I am fully setup will see. Is it best for me to go ahead and stick it on the charger when it gets to a certain point or is it ok to let it go till I get off work at 30% or a little less? Also what exactly is Doze and what does it do? Guess I can google it but it's a new marshmallow feature is that it? I have the Nexus 9 tablet and got marshmallow on out HTC phone recently but still don't know exactly what it is or does. All I know this is the best phone we've ever had and we got rid of our M9's today. And I usually turn off my wifi when I leave my house and am driving then turn it on and connect when I get to work.
I'd say charge the phone when it says so.

Which is at 15% .

That's when it prompts you to plug in the charger.

I usually do that unless I really need a top up for the rest of the evening

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Not bad.... For day 2. My work building eats battery.

e2720245ab620cf5827fced9c43dd188.jpg

d8c1be571da8ae51a18bab56f8904c85.jpg

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Samsung devices always perform as expected first couple months..
. the real test is 3-6 months from now

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

How does it compare in real life use not just specs vs the stellar 6s Plus which I own? I want the Edge but not if its a worse battery

I own both. In all honestly, the 6s Plus is better but not by a huge margin and this is the best battery life on any Android I've ever used. Remember, you're getting a MUCH better screen and FAR more features and flexibility over the iPhone so while the battery difference is small, it's a fair trade. I'm very happy with the S7 edge battery life. The biggest difference is that the S7 edge charges up about 4x faster than the iPhone...it's not even close and it makes it easy and super fast to top off if you ever need it (which is doubtful since this is easily an all-day phone).

Last edited:

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Looks like doze is working here. I got up used the phone for a while then set it down while I made pancakes, ate, then cleaned up. Check out the chart.

37bcf0893a98c44d9148e4fe297c591e.jpg

720e728197e8755be48a5a87c4dac66e.jpg

tdog557

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
YEAH the battery life on this phone is PHENOMENAL!!! Look at my screen shots, and that's only the second charge it's had.
Oh and also the reason why there was a big dip in battery was because I was both downloading big apps playing them (ex GTA VC) as well as streaming music for a while. This phones battery is amazing!!!
Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 601.jpg
    601.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 160

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Now after my 5th cycle. My phone is really shown some stellar results. I think watching a couple of hours of YouTube last night pushed the battery up a notch

Attachments

• 6475.jpg
    6475.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 158

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

And the rest of the picture

Attachments

• 6469.jpg
    6469.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 78

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Here's my stats from my second charge. I'm getting awesome battery life, for my use anyway.

Attachments

• 291.jpg
    291.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 150

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

The other one didn't upload.

Attachments

• 253.jpg
    253.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 75

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

So doze isn't something you set it just is a new feature of marshmallow that works on your phone automatically? I always have a charger with me or my Ankers QC 2.0 but the past few days at work I have left work and had about 32-28% battery but I have said I don't have syncing set up yet. But still I am always near a plug and can charge up at anytime or put Anker in pocket and have it plugged in. Me and my husband are amazed at this phone coming from 6 x HTC. And we chose the Edge cause of the bigger screen and battery. I know last year I would of just gotten the regular 6 over the edge cause of the extra $100 but this is so worth it on the 7. Wow!

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I own both. In all honestly, the 6s Plus is better but not by a huge margin and this is the best battery life on any Android I've ever used. Remember, you're getting a MUCH better screen and FAR more features and flexibility over the iPhone so while the battery difference is small, it's a fair trade. I'm very happy with the S7 edge battery life. The biggest difference is that the S7 edge charges up about 4x faster than the iPhone...it's not even close and it makes it easy and super fast to top off if you ever need it (which is doubtful since this is easily an all-day phone).

This is spot on. I have 6s plus as well. I've stayed on it because it has the best battery I've ever used. I think it still has better stand by time but the screen on time on the s7 edge has been phenomenal for Android. I'm getting between 6.5 to 7.25 hours of screen on time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463