S7 edge Battery life

KHT6789

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I have full reception at work so that shouldn't be an issue. At work it's connected to wifi also. I'm testing it again today, maybe it will improve after the system have sometime to cache stuff. Currently at 76%.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Attachments

• 1806.jpg
    1806.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 143

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how you guys get such good battery life. My 7 edge off charger at 8am, and by 5pm it is at 20% with about 3.5 hrs SOT and that's just with some gaming and downloading YouTube video. Currently I feel it is a little bit worse than my 6 plus, using it the same way.

Most likely weak cell phone signal or your device is running in the background.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Peoples Use will vary quite a bit. Number of background processes, signal strength, screen brightness, number of notifications/phone calls. Etc.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how you guys get such good battery life. My 7 edge off charger at 8am, and by 5pm it is at 20% with about 3.5 hrs SOT and that's just with some gaming and downloading YouTube video. Currently I feel it is a little bit worse than my 6 plus, using it the same way.

Nothing wrong with your battery life, it's not going to be as good as an iPhone 6 Plus or 6S Plus. Look at the pure Android Nexus 6P, which doesn't match the 6S Plus with the 1000mah bigger battery.

Android doesn't really idle well, regardless of how you look at it. So the people getting 5-7 hours of screen on time just keep their screens on not doing much (the screen doesn't use nearly as much power as you think). Total power usage is probably not that different than not using your phone at all much for 7-10 hours in your pocket.

KHT6789

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Nothing wrong with your battery life, it's not going to be as good as an iPhone 6 Plus or 6S Plus. Look at the pure Android Nexus 6P, which doesn't match the 6S Plus with the 1000mah bigger battery.

Android doesn't really idle well, regardless of how you look at it. So the people getting 5-7 hours of screen on time just keep their screens on not doing much (the screen doesn't use nearly as much power as you think). Total power usage is probably not that different than not using your phone at all much for 7-10 hours in your pocket.

Well said my friend.

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I came from a Note 4 and I am in shock at how quick the S7 Edge battery goes. The funny thing is, the battery is bigger and the display is smaller than the Note 4 so this shouldn't be happening. I'll leave the phone on the table fully charged and not use it for 2 hours and 10% battery will be gone. Very unusual.

I am going back to my Note 4 as soon as I get my free VR gift.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I sync exchange all day and Gmail all day easy 75-100 emails a day, send probably 50 text, stream Spotify, watch sole YouTube, Facebook l, twitter, pictures and read flipboard and tapatalk etc and I am getting easy 6-8 hours SoT.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I am getting the same battery life out of the S7 Edge as I was with the Droid Turbo.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This varies greatly on usage. There is no definite 100% that someone will get better on an iPhone 6 / 6 Plus versus an Android phone.

KHT6789

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Today was better than yesterday almost 5 hours SOT with fairly heavy usage. Off charger 8am and now is 2:45pm and at 16%. My 6 plus usuallt still at around 35+% under the same condition. Maybe after everything is settle it will continue to improve 👍

Attachments

• 1817.jpg
    1817.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 194

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Today was better than yesterday almost 5 hours SOT with fairly heavy usage. Off charger 8am and now is 2:45pm and at 16%. My 6 plus usuallt still at around 35+% under the same condition. Maybe after everything is settle it will continue to improve ������

Yea, anyone can get Screen on Time like that if you're not idling. Actually you should get 13 hours of Screen on Time if you just use it non-stop.

Battery Life - The Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Review, Part 1

Real world battery life is still not nearly as good as an iPhone, which will idle for 24 hours AND still get 8 hours of SOT.

I'm happy enough with my S7 Edge battery life because it's a bit better than my S6 Edge Plus, but it's at most.. 15% better.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I was waiting to see how the battery was on this device because of the horrendous battery life of the S6. The battery life on the S7 Edge was going to make or break whether I got it or not. So far it looks promising on here

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery life has been good to me so far when compared to my S6 edge. I can get thru the day without plugging the phone to the charger , which is good enough for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I was waiting to see how the battery was on this device because of the horrendous battery life of the S6. The battery life on the S7 Edge was going to make or break whether I got it or not. So far it looks promising on here

Had good phones with crappy battery ( sot below 4 hours with normal use) and my S7 edge really impressed me so far. 6 hours of sot with my normal use.

Posted via the Android Central App

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I am absolutely loving my battery life on this phone. Hands down, the best i've ever had on a smartphone. I easily get 3.5 hours of SOT per day and still have over 40% left. I DO have the Facebook app disabled as well as the Lookout antivirus software

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Funny you mention Facebook, one of the deciding factors for me with the edge was that I did not want to have to disable such a common app as Facebook, on the regular S7 unwashed using metal which is a wrapper for Facebook to conserve battery, on the edge I just let it rock and roll.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I don't know how you are getting these ridiculous SoT's! I am getting close to 3hrs and 30 mins most days but no where near 5 or 6. I'm on Verizon and I just don't feel it comes close to others. I have had it off the charger since 8am and have had screen on for 15 mins and am already down to 89%, something doesn't seem right. I have GSAM battery and looking now shows phone has been kept awake, but hard to tell from what. I use Always on Display and i guess that prevents phone from using DOZE. All you people who have bluetooth on how come it doesn't even show in your battery list, mine does and is near the top when i'm not even connected to anything. I just don't believe people who are getting 5-7 hrs of SoT what carrier and are you really using your phone?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I figured I am always at work I have an extra charger in my purse plus my QC 2.0 Anker if I want to keep phone in pocket. Yesterday I went out to dinner and their wifi was weak and I ended up shutting it off but no good signal in the restaurant and I went from 90 at 4pm to like 40 at 7 or so it was weird. I had location on and my brightness was up a little more than nomal. On my HTC Location and GPS were separate I mean I had a toggle just for GPS but of course Location had to be on. I just kept it on but not the GPS. I check into place with my Swarm app alot and yesterday it said need location on to check in but it actually brought me up a window with 3 things to check for location. I was wondering where GPS was cause on my HTC it was a toggle just GPS. I had been looking for it but their was one that just said mobile data/wifi I think the 1st one had GPS in it and I said to myself if It doesn't matter if I keep it on I'm always near a charger. I know people say do this and that to save on your battery but like facebook I use alot. I love this phone so much I don't want to have to disable stuff unless I really am not using it.

My husband likes the thing where it knows if you haven't used an app in 3 days. And I was reading this tips and tricks article last night and it said it's worse for your phone to close all apps in the recent window. Just let them be your phones knows when you haven't been using something and that is when my husband said he likes that setting. I love this phone so that's all that matters LOL!

Funny you mention Facebook, one of the deciding factors for me with the edge was that I did not want to have to disable such a common app as Facebook, on the regular S7 unwashed using metal which is a wrapper for Facebook to conserve battery, on the edge I just let it rock and roll.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm