S7 edge Battery life

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It would be great to have 2 threads. One for those who sync and push everything and use mobile data. Another for those on wifi who turn off everything and run power saving mode etc. I would only be interested in the first group - those who use their phones, leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time, and push 2 or more email accounts and take no special battery saving measures. Our numbers would be vastly different from those who take efforts to preserve battery longevity. No sense in comparing apples to oranges.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It would be great to have 2 threads. One for those who sync and push everything and use mobile data. Another for those on wifi who turn off everything and run power saving mode etc. I would only be interested in the first group - those who use their phones, leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time, and push 2 or more email accounts and take no special battery saving measures. Our numbers would be vastly different from those who take efforts to preserve battery longevity. No sense in comparing apples to oranges.

I agree

Posted from Android Central

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I got about 21 hours yesterday and that was 3.5 SOT. I was pretty happy with that but this still falls short of these people that are getting 30+ hours and 6+ hours SOT! I am on WiFi most of the day since I work from home. Bluetooth is on, as is GPS.
Personally, I am quite happy to get 21 hours, that's plenty for me, but I am gobsmacked at how people are getting 30+ hours and 6+ hours SOT.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

We as u can see I'm in the category or users who actually use their phone daily...it's not glued to my hands all day no,but it's nice to see I have battery available when I do want to catch a quick YouTube video or read a few articles online. Paired to my gear s2 all day every day via Bluetooth. (T-MOBILE)

Posted via the Android Central App

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
We as u can see I'm in the category or users who actually use their phone daily...it's not glued to my hands all day no,but it's nice to see I have battery available when I do want to catch a quick YouTube video or read a few articles online. Paired to my gear s2 all day every day via Bluetooth. (T-MOBILE)

And I have two Gmail accounts syncing every hour, A.O.D is not being used.Auto brightness,GPS,Bluetooth,and use wifi sometimes at work. Not fiddling with any settings at this point.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Was it charged at all? Those are impressive stats but I sometimes get skeptical when I can't see if the battery graph has an up part to it :).

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I am impressed with my battery life so far. It easily gets me through an entire day, unlike the S6 which always had to be recharged at some point during the day.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What are those weird lines on the right side of thee screenshot , do all your pictures do that?

Lol that's the side pull tab for the edge screen features..I changed the size of the overall tab from medium to large sized. It's in the edge screen settings to change the size

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My stats today soo far..

Don't forget to specify that you've charged quite a bit prior to this screenshot.

Here's how we know you did: If your 6.33 hours of SOT is approximately 876 mAh, and the screen has used 17% of the battery that's been consumed on the current charge, then the current charge has consumed 5153 mAh. Since the battery is 3600 mAh, that means that 1.43 full charges have been consumed so far - and since your device looks like it's at roughly 30 or 40% current charge, that means it's nearly done with a second full charge worth of total juice. In other words, your remaining charge represents about one full battery + 2812 additional mAh, which is 78% of a second charge. Give or take the margin of error of the computed mAh value relative to the computed % of discharge represented.

This means that users who are trying to understand what they can get without charging, should take your stats to represent 1.78 charges, so dividing everything you have by 1.78, assuming they have similar usage patterns and signal strength to you, should mean that it'd be totally reasonable for them to expect 3.5 or so hours of SOT on a total charge that is around 20 hours long.

Of course, users with differing signal strength and/or usage patterns will have different battery life expectations.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to specify that you've charged quite a bit prior to this screenshot.

Here's how we know you did: If your 6.33 hours of SOT is approximately 876 mAh, and the screen has used 17% of the battery that's been consumed on the current charge, then the current charge has consumed 5153 mAh. Since the battery is 3600 mAh, that means that 1.43 full charges have been consumed so far - and since your device looks like it's at roughly 30 or 40% current charge, that means it's nearly done with a second full charge worth of total juice. In other words, your remaining charge represents about one full battery + 2812 additional mAh, which is 78% of a second charge. Give or take the margin of error of the computed mAh value relative to the computed % of discharge represented.

This means that users who are trying to understand what they can get without charging, should take your stats to represent 1.78 charges, so dividing everything you have by 1.78, assuming they have similar usage patterns and signal strength to you, should mean that it'd be totally reasonable for them to expect 3.5 or so hours of SOT on a total charge that is around 20 hours long.

Of course, users with differing signal strength and/or usage patterns will have different battery life expectations.

The only thing we are in agreeance about is the last statement of your post. Everyone has different signal and carrier range based on their location..I have NOT charged my phone since yesterday morning, but it's now about time to as I'm in the yellow from reading about T-Mobile now offering YouTube with binge-on, so thanks for the unintentional reminder. 👌 ...Always remember everyone's usage will vary.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The only thing we are in agreeance about is the last statement of your post. Everyone has different signal and carrier range based on their location..I have NOT charged my phone since yesterday morning, but it's now about time to as I'm in the yellow from reading about T-Mobile now offering YouTube with binge-on, so thanks for the unintentional reminder. ������ ...Always remember everyone's usage will vary.

Oh, you have a 7200 mAh battery? There were no opinions in my post, there's nothing for us to agree or disagree upon except for possibly the "roughly 30 or 40% current charge" part. All I did was state the math involved in calculating battery usage based on your screenshots and requested that you be honest about it. Please don't further insult the community by pretending we're stupid.

To be clear, my first post wasn't calling you out - it was trying to translate your pictures into something useful for others. But if we're going to make an issue of this, the proof of what I'm saying is in my first post.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh, you have a 7200 mAh battery? There were no opinions in my post, there's nothing for us to agree or disagree upon except for possibly the "roughly 30 or 40% current charge" part. All I did was state the math involved in calculating battery usage based on your screenshots and requested that you be honest about it. Please don't further insult the community by pretending we're stupid.

To be clear, my first post wasn't calling you out - it was trying to translate your pictures into something useful for others. But if we're going to make an issue of this, the proof of what I'm saying is in my first post.

Dude it's a phone and it's battery..use yours alot or none at all...It's not that serious..u aren't calling me out and I'm not calling you out...Have a few drinks and enjoy St Patty's Day! ✌✌

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Dude it's a phone and it's battery..use yours alot or none at all...It's not that serious..u aren't calling me out and I'm not calling you out...Have a few drinks and enjoy St Patty's Day! ✌✌

Dude, I know you're not calling me out - I'm not the one who's misleading people in this forum. But I'm asking you to AVOID misleading people, because people are in this thread because they are worried about whether or not their battery usage is normal or if there are things that they can do to troubleshoot their devices. When they see your screenshots, out of context, not everyone is going to immediately be savvy enough to realize that it's faked and they're going to potentially be very frustrated that they're not getting anywhere near the impossible numbers that you posted. I'm explaining why those numbers are not possible and trying to provide a way for people to use those photos in order to compare it to non-faked results. If you're going to press this issue, it is going to end poorly for you. Everyone in here can independently verify my statements as mathematically accurate - as I said, my first post has all the values needed for proof. Let's agree to drop this and move on. As I said, there's no need to keep insulting the community. If this was a joke and it got out of hand, fine. It's over.

If you have any further questions or concerns please give this a read and you can send me a private message, or any other member of my team: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome