S7 edge Battery life

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea. There is no doubt use case is a factor . I actually use My Knox. That is a damn hog, but at the same time it isn't any worse then trying to manage two pbones. My point was simply we shouldn't discount someone's experience or worse call them a lier because our use case prevents us from getting a similar experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

tstolz

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

tstolz

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree Mavrick,

However, there are way to many variables to be exact but most can get a general idea using peoples numbers in this thread if you eliminate some outliers. I have the GOOD app for my corporate email and that thing is a battery hog. Also have bad signal in my office because my tower is close but it is on the other side of the building. The price I pay for this view...LOL
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160318/7e37a3a1ae2f7aa2658095601fa3b218.jpg
The GOOD app. UGH. Every time I get frustrated about my 3 hours of SOT vs everyone else's 6, I need to remind myself that this atrocity has to be on my phone for work. Anyone have an idea what kind of battery waste this app is causing?

For many, many reasons the most inappropriately named app...

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.

I always used nova and have it on my phone but have been using TouchWiz for now. I was thinking about setting nova up this weekend. I always love the swipe down anywhere to get notifications. I wish there was a way to do this stock.

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Hmm... havent seen any issues with Nova here.. Did you see it using battery in GSAM or in battery settings?

ugotkevin

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Second day of usage... kinda was hoping for more without tweaking things.

Attachments

• 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 196

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well today my phone lasted 11 1/2 hours and to me that was great and I used my phone quite a bit before work and some during work but my SOT said 4 hours and something. But I always have a charger with me or my wireless pad so I am good and at 11% I dropped it on the charging pad at work. Left with 60% I was good. It's better than my M9 was so I am good. It's still the best phone we've ever had.

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My latest stats

No power saving mode

4G on most of the time. With wifi on now and then .
Exynos model
Moved some apps to my sd card.
Bluetooth on connected to my gear s2 classic.
Always on is off.
Black edition theme applied with a different wallpaper.
I've disabled a few things as well as smart display and advanced features.

Mainly use telegram as my messaging app and whatsapp.

When I go to bed I turn sync off and sometimes put it on airplane mode with wifi on.

uploadfromtaptalk1458374929410.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458374936915.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458374992721.jpg

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My latest stats

No power saving mode

4G on most of the time. With wifi on now and then .
Exynos model
Moved some apps to my sd card.
Bluetooth on connected to my gear s2 classic.
Always on is off.
Black edition theme applied with a different wallpaper.
I've disabled a few things as well as smart display and advanced features.

Mainly use telegram as my messaging app and whatsapp.

When I go to bed I turn sync off and sometimes put it on airplane mode with wifi on.

View attachment 221048View attachment 221049View attachment 221050
I use the app metal for my twitter and Facebook as I don't need it syncing constantly.
Also I have 3 Gmail accounts of which 1 is constantly synced the rest are set to manual.

As well as one email using the stock email which is set to manual sync .

Am really happy so far.

ugotkevin

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
3rd day. I had power saving mode on all day, set radio to lte/cdma, and in game launcher set games to save maximum power. This is on the 820.

Attachments

• 178.jpg
    178.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 155

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I am having a issue with cell standby using 37% of battery. I dont understand why never had this issue on my s6 edge plus or note 5. Any ideas as to why

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine. No power saving or turning off data. Some wifi but mostly 3g/4g. This is the best battery I've ever used. After using the Galaxy s6 for a year, this is a welcome upgrade.

Attachments

• 1458476389834.jpg
    1458476389834.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 1458476401764.jpg
    1458476401764.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 67

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12