S7 edge Battery life

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
After figuring out the correct method of measuring screen on time, I let my battery get down to 10% yesterday and the battery screen said I had achieved
4 .25 hours of screen on time with still 1 hour left on the device at the 10% mark, for a total of about five and a quarter hours screen on time. I noticed a particular app that was taking up a lot of my battery life which I didn't particularly need on all the time, so I turned it off and did the exercise again. This time I got just short of 6 hours screen on time, 5 hours 50 minutes. From what I'm reading, this is in line with the high amounts that others are achieving.

This, by the way, is way more than I need, because my typical habit is to keep a wireless charger at my desk, and when I'm not using my phone, keep the phone on the wireless charger. So I rarely get below 50%. It's good to know that in some emergency situation where I don't have a charger, I'm probably okay.

Posted via the Android Central App

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Today has been unusually good. I hope it stays this way. Verizon. Also today my android system has been lower than usual so that could be why.

Attachments

• 1459807913872.jpg
    1459807913872.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 1459807924922.jpg
    1459807924922.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 105

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
18fb9512deaadebf1e8479a95d819778.jpg

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Im getting great battery life on my S7 edge. Comes off the charger at 7 am, and at bedtime, around 10, im at around 45-55% when it goes back on. Im what I describe as a moderate user.

Posted via Android Central App

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought my S7 edge last weekend. I upgraded from the S6 edge, which I absolutely loved. Except for the battery life. I was really hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed with the S7 battery. I am happy to say that I am more than satisfied with the S7 edge. This battery is a beast. It's even better than my iPhone 6 plus, which I thought had a great battery. Nice job Samsung!

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the S7 edge since release. I love the camera. I have noticed the past 2 weeks or so my battery is not lasting as long. I am unsure why as i have not changed anything. I take it off the charger around 6:30 a.m. it sits at my desk at work until 4:40 p.m. i usually can get away with 93% left by 4:40 p.m. Now it is around 85% when i leave work. I am not on the phone alot during the work day as i dont have time to be. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a battery decrease?

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the S7 edge since release. I love the camera. I have noticed the past 2 weeks or so my battery is not lasting as long. I am unsure why as i have not changed anything. I take it off the charger around 6:30 a.m. it sits at my desk at work until 4:40 p.m. i usually can get away with 93% left by 4:40 p.m. Now it is around 85% when i leave work. I am not on the phone alot during the work day as i dont have time to be. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a battery decrease?

I've noticed it some too....

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed it some too....

23 hours off charger, 3 hours 20 minutes of screen on time and battery just hit 50 percent lol

Have you received an update recently? if yes, then go to Settings-Storage and clear apps cache and then turn off the phone and enter into Recovery menu by pressing and hold , Home, Volume Up and Power button until you see the recovery boot information, once it boots into it, just select Clear Cache partition and reboot.

Full charge it and give it a day or so to see how it behaves.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Today has been unusually good. I hope it stays this way. Verizon. Also today my android system has been lower than usual so that could be why.

Have you received an update recently? if yes, then go to Settings-Storage and clear apps cache and then turn off the phone and enter into Recovery menu by pressing and hold , Home, Volume Up and Power button until you see the recovery boot information, once it boots into it, just select Clear Cache partition and reboot.

Full charge it and give it a day or so to see how it behaves.

It's weird, I did exactly what you said about a week ago. Then a couple of days ago as my post quoted, I was at 55% and at 5 and a half hours of screen on time. And then it hasn't been that good since.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been experiencing same issues it started just a couple of days ago where I noticed that it started draining faster than usual and I haven't changed the way I've been using the phone or anything so I don't get why it's acting up all of a sudden

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Here is my standard 50% power stats for battery life. Seems like this is becoming the average for me on auto brightness, favoring WiFi, gaming a bunch, AOD on the whole time.

1ac339c023205dd77f6c2c8c5e4cea98.jpg
3c7228d86688e6cc791a560ebcd810de.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been experiencing same issues it started just a couple of days ago where I noticed that it started draining faster than usual and I haven't changed the way I've been using the phone or anything so I don't get why it's acting up all of a sudden

Same honestly, no idea what it is

Frustrated because I was getting great battery life. Now all of a sudden this unexplained battery drain.

Again, have you cleared Apps cache and did the Clear Cache Partition in Recovery Menu? I can tell you that it can take care of whatever bug may be causing issues on your phone.

It's a known thing to at least do the Clear Cache Partition after any updates, it deletes all system files cache and force them to be re-created with new OS files, Even when no updates have been done, if you see or think that your phone is showing any unknown behaviors it may only helps, it won't do any harm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney