S7 edge Battery life

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
These 2 videos demonstrate the battery life and usage for the Korean manufacturer's own Samsung octa core, Exynos 8890 chip that is installed on all their Global and Canadian S7 and S7 Edge models and already labelled by some as, "The Beast from the East".

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Battery Life Test Comparison Review! (Exynos 8890)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5gaSXzJVe0

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv7K1Jeh0Qs

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the sprint update, it's been draining fast

Posted via the Android Central App

Have you cleared Apps cache on Settings-Storage and Wipe cache Partition on recovery menu? If not, do so, it's always recommended to do at least a Wipe cache partition after every OS Update.

Also, just double check all things you may be disabled, like bloatware or other services and apps that could have been reactivated after the update, I have seen that before and it may be the difference you are seeing.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's weird, I did exactly what you said about a week ago. Then a couple of days ago as my post quoted, I was at 55% and at 5 and a half hours of screen on time. And then it hasn't been that good since.

Then you definitely should have a system app or feature causing the extra drain, problem with that is that most of the time those are all mixed into the Android System bucket and that makes it even harder to pinpoint.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.

APEX is Best

BillyC517

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi All.

Another update. I did another overnight test, AFTER wiping the system Cache, all apps closed, not plugged in, face down, for 7 hours. The last 2 nights, I lost over 20% each night. After doing the Cache wipe, I only lost 4%.

I think the Cache wipe helped. I will charge it fully today, and see how it lasts.

BC

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah sometimes it's best to clear out cache on case there's a faulty file or something that constantly keeps the phone awake. I'm still trying to figure out why mine isn't doing as well anymore and I've already done two cache wipes.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This is the best I've gotten so far. Exynos variant

Attachments

• 1631.jpg
    1631.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 191

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Soo guys after having my beautiful S7 edge for 7 days lying in the box today was the 1st day I started using it..As it was 1st day lot of use from apps downloads...to stuff transfer from old phone...battery is superView attachment 2247471078.jpg

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
What the hell happened, my screen on time just magically doubled lol, it still says I have about 2 more hours so 10 hours of screen on time?? No idea why

Attachments

• 6781.jpg
    6781.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 179

iSnoopy 7e

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I got 3 hours SOT already and I still have 60% left. Battery life on this thing is AWESOME.
I'd love to post my screenshot if you guys would teach me how to. I'm using mobile browser
Exynos version here

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys even post which processor yr phones have...like mine is exynos..which suppose to have better battery life than sd 820

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Well I noticed that if i try to get a lot of stand by time for the phone,then I won't get good on screen time. For the past 8 hours I have used the phone a lot, not much stand by. So far SOT is 5h24m and have 38% left.
When the phone is mostly idle and only casual use i get about 3-4h SOT and stand by of 24-35h overall time before battery dies on me.

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Well the OIS in the camera applies effect to the video like there would be water in lenses. Software OIS eliminates this but if you disable the software OIS the effect is apparent.
Just heard it works as intended?

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering 2 things.
1. How does the Exynos get 20% more battery average?
2. How does the iPhone with a 30% smaller battery get 2 more hours SoT even with power saving enabled on my S7?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane