S7 edge Battery life

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Well I noticed that if i try to get a lot of stand by time for the phone,then I won't get good on screen time. For the past 8 hours I have used the phone a lot, not much stand by. So far SOT is 5h24m and have 38% left.
When the phone is mostly idle and only casual use i get about 3-4h SOT and stand by of 24-35h overall time before battery dies on me.

I have noticed this as well.

Does anyone have a scientific answer for it?
For example, if I'm just casually texting people throughout the day I have significantly less SoT versus using the phone heavily non-stop; however I get more standby time.

So does leaving the screen on all day use less power than the phone constantly being waken up and put back to sleep?

Maybe I should not be worrying too much about SoT if I get 24-48 standby time?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this as well.

Does anyone have a scientific answer for it?
For example, if I'm just casually texting people throughout the day I have significantly less SoT versus using the phone heavily non-stop; however I get more standby time.

So does leaving the screen on all day use less power than the phone constantly being waken up and put back to sleep?

Maybe I should not be worrying too much about SoT if I get 24-48 standby time?

Well, it's kind of simple. If you use it non stop, you're devoting all of the battery life to what you're currently doing therefore 100% of battery is devoted to keeping the screen on and doing whatever else you're doing. If you use it throughout the day, only part of the power is being devoted to the screen. Standby still requires battery life. You've got to power the radios and all that. So depending on how much standby we're talking, maybe only like 50% of the battery is going towards the screen and the other 50 is going to standby. So the screen can no longer stay on as long because of the reduction of battery power. This is an oversimplification, but you get the point. That's why it happens like that.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is my best one so far. I am enjoying Edge for its battery life. It has been really good to me, even with idle time.

307.jpg

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
From yesterday. Very happy with this, coming from an S5 where I could get about 4hours SOT

Attachments

• 28234.jpg
    28234.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 107

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I've now dropped to 3.5 hours SoT. My habits are same daily and haven't installed or changed anything. New update took an hour of screen time away.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Do people getting great battery life do anything specific? I've got 33% battery left with just over 3 hours screen on which is decent and gets me through a work day. But it's not great and doesn't meet my expectations of the battery in this thing. I don't seem to have any major battery drainers installed. My screen is normally top then android os and android system next

kpxstar9

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
This is my battery life today:

bde3719d1da7404d178b6f4d01496558.jpg

Screen on time:

1021ee6ebc22c9ea98699b0399ce5b4f.jpg

I think that's good?

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm so impressed with the battery on this, it is as good as my V10 is bad. 5:30 of SOT, a stupendously good gadget.

Though I find myself trying to knock on and read my fingerprint on the back.

Attachments

• 651.jpg
    651.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 147

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It seems like the battery is random in how it drains, sometimes I get 8+hrs screen on time, sometimes it's 4, really don't get it

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Does battery last longer if you use auto Is auto better? Is that what most people use? I usually just turn mine up and down depending on what I am doing. My old M9 I kept on auto alot.

I had an LG G4 before the S7E, and I had to use the third party Lux app (a great app) for automatic screen brightness control. That was the first phone I've had where the built in auto setting on the phone was not acceptable to me. The G4 was way too dim by default.

On the S7E, I'm back to just letting the auto setting take care of things. No complaints.

kpxstar9

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Does battery last longer if you use auto Is auto better? Is that what most people use? I usually just turn mine up and down depending on what I am doing. My old M9 I kept on auto alot.
I tend to use auto because I can't be bothered to change it in the sun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678