S7 edge Battery life

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
On my Sprint GS7E, I get great battery life if I turn off Location. With the phone set to GPS Only, it drains crazy, the number one service being GpsLocationProvider_ex.

Any one else have battery issues with Location set to GPS Only? If so, plz state your phone carrier and/or model & firmware version.

I'm on PD3.

Last edited:

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why my phone's battery is dying so fast. I charged it to full when I got to work this morning at around 10 am and I haven't really done much with the phone for the battery to be draining so fast. It used to last me much longer and now I don't understand what is making the battery drain. The only thing that comes to mind is the AT&T update...I think ever since then my battery has been draining faster than usual.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6810.jpg
    6810.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 115

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My S7 Edge on Saturday night started losing battery power because of a theme I installed earlier in the day. In two hours, my battery was down to 78% with NO usage. I switched back to the old theme I was using and the remaining battery power lasted me until earlier today.

The theme I installed Saturday was a live one that used an animated picture on the lock screen.

Also, I have one app that will drain power like nothing occasionally. I just had it wipe through ten percent of the battery on my Note 5 in 90 minutes. I've gotten used to closing all apps when I set my phone down but I occasionally I forget and then the draining sometimes happens.

The problem isn't the phone but poorly coded apps and themes.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why my phone's battery is dying so fast. I charged it to full when I got to work this morning at around 10 am and I haven't really done much with the phone for the battery to be draining so fast. It used to last me much longer and now I don't understand what is making the battery drain. The only thing that comes to mind is the AT&T update...I think ever since then my battery has been draining faster than usual.

I don't know if you have answered this before but after the update, have you done a wipe cache Partition on the Recovery menu options?

My 4 S7 and S7 edge devices have given me great batter life since the release date, but for the last week or so, my S7 edge has been simply incredible, I charged it last night after more than 38 hours unplugged and still had 40% with over 4.5 of SoT, averaging about 7.5 hours. Today, it has been unplugged since 5am and 17 hours later I still have 70% battery left with about 2.25 hours of SoT.

Just saying that a clear cache of apps on Storage settings and wipe cache Partition after any updates or if seen weird behavior like yours can do wonders

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is the other screen shot

Do you leave Location on? If so, GPS or just WiFi+Mobile?

I don't know if you have answered this before but after the update, have you done a wipe cache Partition on the Recovery menu options?

My 4 S7 and S7 edge devices have given me great batter life since the release date, but for the last week or so, my S7 edge has been simply incredible, I charged it last night after more than 38 hours unplugged and still had 40% with over 4.5 of SoT, averaging about 7.5 hours. Today, it has been unplugged since 5am and 17 hours later I still have 70% battery left with about 2.25 hours of SoT.

Just saying that a clear cache of apps on Storage settings and wipe cache Partition after any updates or if seen weird behavior like yours can do wonders

Which carrier model are you using & which firmware version?

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I got horrible battery life the first few days i had the phone. Now its pretty dam good. I can be on youtube for hours and it doesn't drain like my s5 did.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I get great battery life. This was yesterday. With the screen on time.

Posted via my Black S7 Edge

Attachments

• 422.jpg
    422.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 89

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

I have done the cache partition wipe and the cache wipes in storage but the battery life is still not as great. I always notice that android system uses a high percentage of battery and I can't figure out why. Mayne I'll try the wipes again but this will be the fifth time I'm doing this.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just picked mine up yesterday, battery life isn't blowing me away yet. Its about in line with my note 4 I replaced it with. Hopefully it all gets settled in and gets better. In the meantime I will keep hunting tips to improve it.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just picked mine up yesterday, battery life isn't blowing me away yet. Its about in line with my note 4 I replaced it with. Hopefully it all gets settled in and gets better. In the meantime I will keep hunting tips to improve it.

Mine took a fee days before it improved. I've noticed a few themes can affect the battery life and an occasional app can runaway and drain the battery quickly. I have one app that does that a few times a week if I forget to close it after using. Just pay attention to what apps you are using if that happens so you can make sure you close them after use as well.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you leave Location on? If so, GPS or just WiFi+Mobile?

Which carrier model are you using & which firmware version?

Location On with Wifi & Mobile only, just change it to All when need to pinpoint locations while using Google Maps or other app that requires it.

T-Mobile with latest firmware (APC8).

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have done the cache partition wipe and the cache wipes in storage but the battery life is still not as great. I always notice that android system uses a high percentage of battery and I can't figure out why. Mayne I'll try the wipes again but this will be the fifth time I'm doing this.

Android system high on the SD820 versions (US versions) is a "normal" thing. Mine is the same, it's the first time on all this years that I have this situation, according to some people, this doesn't happen with the Exynos versions, but even with that my battery life is extremely great, the best for me so far.

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Odd. My Sot was about 4.5 hours, it slowly got down to 2.5-3 SoT. Then I wiped the entire phone and did not reinstall any utilities, power savers or package disabler. I am now getting 5 hours SoT with the same exact type of use?

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think I posted some initial impressions somewhere in this thread, but after about 3 weeks with this phone, I must say that I'm still impressed with the battery life!

I came from a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 (which has a slightly bigger battery, a slightly slower chipset, and a dimmer screen), so I was worried that I would not be able to get a full 18+ hour day out of my phone (with moderate to heavy usage). Thankfully, the S7E has been making it through that entire period without any compromises!

I don't dim my screen (about 75% with auto brightness enabled). I don't close out my apps other than my games. I don't use any power-saving modes. I don't disable high-precision location settings. And I usually forget to turn off my bluetooth and WiFi when I'm at work (although I just found out how to make it turn off once I get to work...so we'll see how that changes things).

The only thing I do do is turn off the always-on display when I wake up (I only use it as my night-stand clock/alarm while it's charging) and I do not use the notification LED. I don't really do it as a battery saving measure, I do it because I have a smartwatch that does more than Samsung's AOD...and the LED is useless to me since I always have some type of notification. lol

So anyways, I am usually in the 20-30% after 16-18 hours of use. Granted, I am only using about 3-4 hours of SOT, but a good 30-60 minutes is used by a heavy game (Angry Birds 2 lately)! It's amazing how much faster that game is on the S7E, yet it's running cooler and still gets just as good battery life (compared to the DT2).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech