S7 edge Battery life

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is INSANELY better!! So happy :) thank you Package Disabler Pro 👌

Posted via the Android Central App on S7 Edge

Is it safe enough to use? I don't want it to turn off any smart features on the phobe. Or is it even worth getting when I don't have a carrier phone?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I got EZ package disabler and disabled Samsung push. Didn't notice any difference and got worried that it might effect my phone not having this running so I uninstalled it. Didn't give it much of a chance but I do wonder about randomly disabling things and the affect it may have on correct operation of the phone. It would be nice to have a list of things that can be disabled worry free then I might give it another go

Posted via the Android Central App

Lance Redden

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I got EZ package disabler and disabled Samsung push. Didn't notice any difference and got worried that it might effect my phone not having this running so I uninstalled it. Didn't give it much of a chance but I do wonder about randomly disabling things and the affect it may have on correct operation of the phone. It would be nice to have a list of things that can be disabled worry free then I might give it another go

There's plenty of safe lists online you can follow. That's what I did. Probably shut off about 50 services that were killing my battery. I even left Samsung push on and I still have great battery life. The app even tells you what's safe to disable. It's worth 99 cents. I can't even believe how much better it is now. Night and day.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I currently have 164 packages disabled in Package Disabler Pro - see my thread here for what you can disable safely without affecting core functions of the phone and it's security.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-package-disabler-pro-my-verizon-s7-edge.html

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There's plenty of safe lists online you can follow. That's what I did. Probably shut off about 50 services that were killing my battery. I even left Samsung push on and I still have great battery life. The app even tells you what's safe to disable. It's worth 99 cents. I can't even believe how much better it is now. Night and day.

It's understandable that people would worry about turning off something that would break their phone's functionality. However, I think some folks go too far in that direction when it comes to this sort of stuff specifically. You aren't uninstalling anything with apps like EZ Package Disabler or Package Disabler Pro. If something doesn't work right, you can always re-enable everything (in a worst case if you don't know what is causing the issue).

There's no question it helps with battery life, and those safe lists are here and on XDA, among other places.

The key, though, is to disable only the stuff you don't want or need. There are contrarians out there who say disabling things in this way makes your "smartphone dumb." No, it makes my smartphone do (kinda sorta) exactly what I want it to do, or do things in the way, and with the apps, I want it to do things. If you use a service or app, then don't disable it. There is plenty that all of us simply won't need. Of course, that list is different for each of us.

There is a bit of trial and error sometimes, but again, disable and enable as needed until you get it right for your needs.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Sounds good. I'll do a search later and see can I find a European list.

You won't have the carrier bloat like the Amazon apps (though for those who choose to use those they aren't bloat of course), but there's still a lot of Samsung stuff that replicates Google features, etc. I'm sure you'll find quite a bit to disable.

BaconMage

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I got my S7 Edge last week and after thinking there was something wrong with the battery, because when I tried to charge it on the Samsung wireless charger it would flash green and blue then stop charging, I returned it and got another one. It does the same thing. Now I don't know where everyone is getting this awesome battery power but on the first and current second one my battery lasts 2 hours tops while using it. That's with the GPS and Bluetooth turned off, with or without a wifi signal. Before the Galaxy S7 Edge I had a Nokia Lumia 1520 and that battery lasted me days. So one, what's wrong with this charger, and two why is this battery draining super fast just because I'm using it?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I actually went ahead and purchased package disabler pro and disabled some things I know I never will use and see how my battery life fairs from here on out

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I got my S7 Edge last week and after thinking there was something wrong with the battery, because when I tried to charge it on the Samsung wireless charger it would flash green and blue then stop charging, I returned it and got another one. It does the same thing. Now I don't know where everyone is getting this awesome battery power but on the first and current second one my battery lasts 2 hours tops while using it. That's with the GPS and Bluetooth turned off, with or without a wifi signal. Before the Galaxy S7 Edge I had a Nokia Lumia 1520 and that battery lasted me days. So one, what's wrong with this charger, and two why is this battery draining super fast just because I'm using it?

Have you tried using it with the normal charger? And what are you doing with it when you use it?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You won't have the carrier bloat like the Amazon apps (though for those who choose to use those they aren't bloat of course), but there's still a lot of Samsung stuff that replicates Google features, etc. I'm sure you'll find quite a bit to disable.

Sounds good. Is it Package Disabler Pro (Samsung) or Package Disabler+ Pro (Samsung). Both are paid and show up under the one developer.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: S7 edge Battery life is very good

Did you restore a backup from old phone or did you start from fresh?

So when I got my S7 Edge at verizon they transferred everything over for me from my Note 5 to my new S7 Edge including the apps and settings. Will that affect my battery life? I seem to be getting better life than on my note 5. If I should do a factory reset and start fresh how is the best way to do that without losing my text messages, pictures, and other data?

Lance Redden

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I actually went ahead and purchased package disabler pro and disabled some things I know I never will use and see how my battery life fairs from here on out

Guarantee you it'll be much much better. I was pretty skeptical at first. But I used my phone for 12 hours yesterday and still had 48% percent left... Thats crazy. Let's us know your progress today!

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It was hard enough decide what to disable in that. A lot of the stuff in pink looked like I needed it (things like NFC), so I didn't get to disable all that much.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting 5 to 6 hours SOT now so I'm not sure I want to mess around with system processes. Has anybody had any ill effects from disabling processes?

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

Lance Redden

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting 5 to 6 hours SOT now so I'm not sure I want to mess around with system processes. Has anybody had any ill effects from disabling processes?

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

Nope. Phone is perfectly fine. The great thing is you can always enable everything back to how it was if you're not satisfied. So what do you have to lose. 99 cents and a few minutes toggling s few switches to save a huge chunk of battery life...

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Everything I disabled on Package Disabler made no difference at all. Stay Awake time just climbs and climbs (phone never ever dozes, it used to before this APD3 update).

Is there any possible way of finding out what causes this without rooting the phone? There has to be some sort of an app out there that can pinpoint this and tell you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This post here isn't meant to be anything amazing. Just something funny I noticed.

My radio app kills the phone more than any other app (even Netflix and Crunchyroll) due to the radio being used constantly (light data use of 30-40 KB / sec). The SoT is only almost 2 hours. It's to be expected though due to the LTE radio constantly going.

Random post over now haha :p.

Attachments

• 1463003533222.jpg
    1463003533222.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 59

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Everything I disabled on Package Disabler made no difference at all. Stay Awake time just climbs and climbs (phone never ever dozes, it used to before this APD3 update).

Is there any possible way of finding out what causes this without rooting the phone? There has to be some sort of an app out there that can pinpoint this and tell you.
Use Wakelock Detector& follow the instruction for non rooted phone.
I used it to track down the wakelock and now my phone is sleeping like a baby.