S7 edge Battery life

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Looking a whole lot better since the software update. I'd always have lost far more than 5% overnight and that screen time would have been my limit lately.

Screenshot_20160619-073924.jpgScreenshot_20160619-073933.jpgScreenshot_20160619-073946.jpgScreenshot_20160619-073958.jpg

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
When using chargers. I would only select Samsung Chargers.

I bought a after markey charger. It was giving me some problems.
Battery started acting up.
Went and bought a Samsung Charger.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to so a screen shot of my battery stats, but as of recently, my battery has gotten better. I've had over 5 hours of SOT and about 21 or so hours of standby ... this is better than its been for the past couple of months and I suppose package disabler pro has done the trick to fixing whatever issue I was having before. I am hoping it stay this way and even improves!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to so a screen shot of my battery stats, but as of recently, my battery has gotten better. I've had over 5 hours of SOT and about 21 or so hours of standby ... this is better than its been for the past couple of months and I suppose package disabler pro has done the trick to fixing whatever issue I was having before. I am hoping it stay this way and even improves!
Do you have data always on or not? I get 5hrs SOT too, but only on 15-16hrs standby. Data (4G) or WiFi always connected. I could lower consumption down to 0.7% per hour on standby, but that means turning off data or WiFi. As it is I get around 3-5% per hour when either connection ie active.

I miss the old auto data toggler apps.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you have data always on or not? I get 5hrs SOT too, but only on 15-16hrs standby. Data (4G) or WiFi always connected. I could lower consumption down to 0.7% per hour on standby, but that means turning off data or WiFi. As it is I get around 3-5% per hour when either connection ie active.

I used to use NFC tags for that on my old LG, one at home, one at work, one on the dash of the car that toggled data/wifi/bluetooth/sound/etc as needed. This phone makes it less necessary though.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I used to use NFC tags for that on my old LG, one at home, one at work, one on the dash of the car that toggled data/wifi/bluetooth/sound/etc as needed. This phone makes it less necessary though.
I meant the apps like GreenPower which automatically turns off data when the screen is off and on when the screen is active, and let's it turn on at set intervals throughout the day.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Even after the OS update and factory reset, it's back as bad as ever. Sick of it now, phone has to go.

2us8pdf.png

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Yes I always have data on

Posted via the Android Central App

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I meant the apps like GreenPower which automatically turns off data when the screen is off and on when the screen is active, and let's it turn on at set intervals throughout the day.
Isn't there an option in the wifi advanced setup to keep wifi on during sleep? Can be set to always, while charging, never.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Even after the OS update and factory reset, it's back as bad as ever. Sick of it now, phone has to go.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2us8pdf.png

Out of nowhere my phone battery started going down very fast.
Don't know if its cause I bought a Tylt charger or what.
But I went into a SWB coporate phone store, they looked at my phone and reset it.
And gave me a business card with warranty on it.
The reset didn't do any good.
So I called warranty since the phone is only a few months Old.
They sent me a new phone. and I sent them the old phone back last week.
They said the phone has a 12 month warranty on it.

The phone can not of been Dropped Period and can not of gotten wet. And can not of been rooted.

The new phone is working super. Same Gold Color on the S7 Edge.
I took Smart switch and backed everything on the phone up to my computer.

Used smart switch to put the things on my new phone.
Had so setup mail and a few passwords.
But everything worked out great.

They said they have had no complaints on the batteries of the S7 or S7E

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I was getting really good battery life, typically finishing the day with ~50% left. That typically included a few hours of screen on time and approximately 5 hours of phone calls. I updated to the latest ATT security patch on Friday night and my battery life has gone through the floor. Is anyone else seeing this? Likely going to do a hard reset to see if that will correct it, but very frustrating.

May 26, 2016
Visit site
It was mostly on Wifi only, with just few minutes with mobile data only. My screen brightness was below 50% everytime. But it's easy to have that much SoT when, like me that day, you use your phone mainly to read fanfictions and watch Youtube videos !