S7 edge Battery life

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It's not the capacity monitor, but the power usage itself. A previous update caused a Google Backup battery leak. After the May or June update for example, my battery life dropped to almost half of what I used to reach. Turning off Google back up returned it to previous levels. That points to a simple OS battery bug.

Currently, since the June to the latest update, I noticed that mobile data and WiFi is eating more battery than they used to, with either of them on causing a battery standby drain of 4% per hour, in contrast to having them off where I go to down to 1% per hour. That's a 4x increase in usage, which simple turning on of the data should cause. I could accept that on a 4G connection in a bad signal area, but the phone on standby with WiFi should not cause that much drain IMO. Since it was working correctly before an update, that again points to a software coding error on battery usage. At this point that is the more likely explanation compared to some conspiracy theory on the manufacturers are paying up the FCC to screw the customers over, especially in this day and age where customer satisfaction is paramount to sucess. It doesn't cut it anymore to just release a good product, like Sony does every year (but they still fall flat despite devices that can arguably be said to be superior to the S7 or HTC 10 in a number if ways). Customer satisfaction and brand loyalty ate big factors, and doing a battery job like you suggest is a bad way to cultivate those.

I would take the phone to a corporate carrier, and take the charger and cord.
Let them look at everything.
You have 2 weeks that you can return the phone.
I turned everything off that I did not want notifications from.
Disabled all the apps that I could that I don't want to use.
I went into Device maintenance and put a lot of apps to sleep.
And did the battery and ram work in the app.
My note 7 has been working great.
How many apps do you have open in your internet app.
Or in your google app.
How many pages do you have open if you hit the button on the bottom left ?
How often do you cut your phone off and back on.

Wished I could help.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I would take the phone to a corporate carrier, and take the charger and cord.
Let them look at everything.
You have 2 weeks that you can return the phone.
I turned everything off that I did not want notifications from.
Disabled all the apps that I could that I don't want to use.
I went into Device maintenance and put a lot of apps to sleep.
And did the battery and ram work in the app.
My note 7 has been working great.
How many apps do you have open in your internet app.
Or in your google app.
How many pages do you have open if you hit the button on the bottom left ?
How often do you cut your phone off and back on.

Wished I could help.
I have no problems with usage. Even after a restart I see this usage. It's not a big deal when I get 18hrs of usage and over 4hrs screen time. I've been with Android long enough to know that it's just the setup I have. And maybe Facebook. Lol.

PeterKelly

May 11, 2016
Visit site
You could well be right and I wasn't sugesting a conspiracy regarding the battery performance, but rather just poor quality overall.

The aspect that has me puzzled is that there seems to be an almost random presentation of the issue, other than short battery life, and everyone seems fixated on percentage of use in the monitor. The percentage is, to a large extent, meaningless, whereas the power use is the important number. If everyone with a probem totals the power use and divides by 36 the result should match the percentage of battery used. If not, it means either a faulty battery, a faulty guage, or faulty monitor, or am I missing something?

To go back to the faulty code, again it seems very odd that Samsung would keep introducing badly written code that would cause random items to go into meltdown and none of them show up in the battery monitor. If they did show, most of the threads would be asking why this item was misbehaving, rather than why is battery life short, followed by myriad suggestions as to what to app to turn off, or what setting to reduce.

You still might be right, but I do think that most of the 'diagnostic' suggestions are wide of the mark and just confuse the issue for people like me who suffer such a problem and come looking for solutions.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been using the battery really well since I got it in July, and my displayed power level seems to be accurate. I just checked it for the first time using my advanced math skills (Windows calculator). I have used 1606 mA today. Divided by 3600, that works out to 44% of my battery used. The value on my battery meters, both the native battery indicator and GSam Battery Monitor, both indicate 56%. Looks to be dead on. I have no reason to believe that Samsung built my phone with anything but 3.6A battery.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
50bbcc6821ea49bff5667bbc1c5166d3.jpg
7b3cf5b5b306c304697c11a041ad0dfa.jpg

Woke up to this mess, anyone randomly getting drain from google play services?

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I was able to achieve this by turning off the following toggles & activating Power Saving mode only when the screen is turned off: data, and WiFi.

The screen brightness is set to Auto, location is only turned on when I need it, and sync is always turned on.

I use Greenify and use its Aggressive Doze & Doze on the Go functions.

My GS7E is a Sprint 935P flashed with the 935U ROM.

steezytech

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
i used to get 2 days on heavy use. wityhin 2 mths of having the phone that reduced to 14 h . anyways my display leaked so im getting a replacement from samsung.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
It looks like your google play was doing an auto update of some apps while you were sleeping. You can disable auto updates from the google play app menu.
Yeah, i did that. Now my new issue is abdroid system using up 35-50%.... i dont really understand why its doing this either.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
At 42% after 7 hours of doze. Sot was about 6 hours with 20 hours standby.

6hrs of SOT with 42% left? What brightness? And what version Snapdragon or Exynos? That sounds much better than what I'm getting. I can max out at 7 1/2hrs of SOT but it sounds like you can get almost 9.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
My phone nearly 6 months old..still getting great battery life...like 2 days and 5 to 6hrs Sot
If u guys getting bad battery life maybe some buggy app or something...try hard reset...

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I was getting bad battery after the september update. Then it fixed itself. Although android system was draining 15% now its draining around 30%. Seems like my battery life is good. Nearly 6 hours and 23 mins on screen time and 17 hours of battery usage. If it doesnt settle down within a week prolly should take it in to get looked at.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I was getting bad battery after the september update. Then it fixed itself. Although android system was draining 15% now its draining around 30%. Seems like my battery life is good. Nearly 6 hours and 23 mins on screen time and 17 hours of battery usage. If it doesnt settle down within a week prolly should take it in to get looked at.

You think if your having battery problems, you could try Greenify Battery app from the app Store ?
It will put some of the app programs and all to sleep. Giving you better battery life.
you got something using the power.
Might be a few apps using power.
have to gone in and turned notifications for Samsung Pay off >

https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/greenify-the-best-android-app-to-extend-battery-life.htm

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
6hrs of SOT with 42% left? What brightness? And what version Snapdragon or Exynos? That sounds much better than what I'm getting. I can max out at 7 1/2hrs of SOT but it sounds like you can get almost 9.
Auto brightness.

Exynos.

My usage is mainly social apps, abit of youtube, email, light gaming and phone message.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
You think if your having battery problems, you could try Greenify Battery app from the app Store ?
It will put some of the app programs and all to sleep. Giving you better battery life.
you got something using the power.
Might be a few apps using power.
have to gone in and turned notifications for Samsung Pay off >

https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/greenify-the-best-android-app-to-extend-battery-life.htm
I am using greenifty, then phone is getting allot better after factory reseting. Im at 67% and 15 hours on the battery. While ot could of been the factory reset my charging habits changed too. Ill post and go into detail at the end of my day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech