S7 edge Battery life

itrocks4u

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
After the last upgrade, my phone is draining battery really fast. 100% in the morning and with minimum usage already down to 10%. Should I downgrade to previous version of firmware?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Makes you think..if you had to dova factory reset for it to get better.
You must have a app , or you have made a change that effected the battery life.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not the capacity monitor, but the power usage itself. A previous update caused a Google Backup battery leak. After the May or June update for example, my battery life dropped to almost half of what I used to reach. Turning off Google back up returned it to previous levels. That points to a simple OS battery bug.

Currently, since the June to the latest update, I noticed that mobile data and WiFi is eating more battery than they used to, with either of them on causing a battery standby drain of 4% per hour, in contrast to having them off where I go to down to 1% per hour. That's a 4x increase in usage, which simple turning on of the data should cause. I could accept that on a 4G connection in a bad signal area, but the phone on standby with WiFi should not cause that much drain IMO. Since it was working correctly before an update, that again points to a software coding error on battery usage. At this point that is the more likely explanation compared to some conspiracy theory on the manufacturers are paying up the FCC to screw the customers over, especially in this day and age where customer satisfaction is paramount to sucess. It doesn't cut it anymore to just release a good product, like Sony does every year (but they still fall flat despite devices that can arguably be said to be superior to the S7 or HTC 10 in a number if ways). Customer satisfaction and brand loyalty ate big factors, and doing a battery job like you suggest is a bad way to cultivate those.

Definitely an os issue. Ive noticed it isnt holding a 4g signal like it was bedore the update. Whennwe would load leaks on my blackberry, this would be atributable to a bad radio file. We'd dl an earlier one . Also the Android System is suddenly draining more battery than the screen.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Some people on twitter ajd reddit are reporting that gear vr and oculus rift sent a update that broke and was constantly scanning... apparently a fix is coming.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Currently my battery life. I'm on SD 820 and was mostly on WiFi with an hour of roaming data and watched about 1 1/2 hours of Netflix.

Attachments

• 387.jpg
    387.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 51

TalkofNY26

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
My 5th battery cycle on my edge. Can't seem to get more than 3-3.5 hours SOT I have AOD turned off, all edge features off, wifi and bt scanning disabled. My Android system also seems to be unusually high. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 52

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad