S7 Edge AUX issues

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just to chime in with additional data. I use an Aux cable to headphone jack into stock 2003 BMW 530i stereo with the "DSP" package. No issues at all. Haven't tried connecting the charger at the same time, that used to cause issues with my S6. (Probably a multiple paths to ground issue or something along those lines.)

Bob

b dc

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Any OPs with problems find any solutions yet? I wonder if connecting the phone to a portable DAC would make any difference? Im still working on getting a USB OTG cord and seeing if i can run my audio through that to see what happens...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe so but I'll have to double check since I've never compared them. It's loud enough for me. I'll test it tomorrow on my way to work and get back to you.
With my note 3 the bluetooth volume in my car is about 50% as loud as radio. My car has numbers for volume. I listen to radio at 13 - 20. Bluetooth 25-40 to get the same volume. It only bothers me because if I forget to turn down volume before switching back to radio it blows out my eardrums. Same effect with bluetooth headphones vs wired headphones.

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
With my note 3 the bluetooth volume in my car is about 50% as loud as radio. My car has numbers for volume. I listen to radio at 13 - 20. Bluetooth 25-40 to get the same volume. It only bothers me because if I forget to turn down volume before switching back to radio it blows out my eardrums. Same effect with bluetooth headphones vs wired headphones.
Yea, i had that happened to me as well but on the bluetooth side. My car has individual volumes for radio and Bluetooth so i just switch back and forth, but sometimes i forget to lower the volume before switching.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a small thing but it is annoying. Interestingly the voice in Google Maps is just as loud on bluetooth as the radio. Often I stream stored music or radio on bluetooth in car so google nav voice also comes through but the directions blow out my eardrums. Google must intentionally lower max volume of every app but their own to make theirs so much louder. Listening to headphones google nav voice directions are not much louder than the music. Odd.

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a small thing but it is annoying. Interestingly the voice in Google Maps is just as loud on bluetooth as the radio. Often I stream stored music or radio on bluetooth in car so google nav voice also comes through but the directions blow out my eardrums. Google must intentionally lower max volume of every app but their own to make theirs so much louder. Listening to headphones google nav voice directions are not much louder than the music. Odd.
Yea google maps should have a separate volume so you could turn it down without turning down your media

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea google maps should have a separate volume so you could turn it down without turning down your media
The music shuts off for directions anyway so they need not be so loud.....but then I will never understand why they "simplified" google maps dropping labs that I loved and making nav without destination based on compass (which doesn't work in cars) rather than gps to determine direction of movement which it used to use

Jo DeWolfe Gabriele

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting allot of noise/static when connected to my car stereo via AUX cable. I didn't have this issue with my S6. Any solutions?

Edit: Tried two S7 Edges and two different AUX cables. Still the same.

I have the same problem. Samsimg manager told me to buy a plug with 3 rings. I dod but sound is still static. They only want you to use their headphpnes and they won't even sell an auxiliary plug for the s7edge. I'm very unhappy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joeynut8

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
YAY!!!! Great info! Thank you sooooo much. That was driving me crazy. Every time I was charging AND using Aux jack it would sound horrible. Nothing but static. Now that I plugged in the aux cord and enabled UHQ the static is GONE!!!! Thanks again. Good show mate.

Christin Bates

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I found a solution. Go to settings, sounds, sound quality, connect your AUX and enable UHQ upscaler

Posted via the Android Central App

Worked great for me! Thanks so much! I was going absolutely insane!!! Just spent almost 900$ on a phone and couldn't listen to music in the car!! Again thanks so much!!

shirokiti1001

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I found a solution. Go to settings, sounds, sound quality, connect your AUX and enable UHQ upscaler

Posted via the Android Central App
Thank you so much my bf loves playing his music I convinced him to go from iPhone to s7edge and I made him regret doing so...now he can play his beats in his car...