S7 Edge AUX issues

clsdv

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting allot of noise/static when connected to my car stereo via AUX cable. I didn't have this issue with my S6. Any solutions?

Edit: Tried two S7 Edges and two different AUX cables. Still the same.

Last edited:

AlexFirth91

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed a similar issue when charging my phone, it hit my aux cord at my office and the speaker made static from the charging cable. I think the S7 Edge conducts electromagnetic force fields of some sort lol when its charging. Super Weird! But thank the metal and serious amount of lithium ion. Just my guess, not a science major.

clsdv

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what's causing it but I do need a solution. I don't want to send it in either since it's happening with both phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Consider the possibility its your cables. How long are they? Is there an increase in noise if you wiggle the connector? If the cable is short enough, try wrapping it in aluminum foil to see if that makes a difference. If it does, then its a poorly shielded cable..

clsdv

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
One cable is 3 feet the other is 6. Both cables are new and no difference is made when wiggled. I'll try the foil paper out.

peeps777

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I bought 2 galaxy s7 edge and i'm having the same problem on both. I've tried 2 different cables and it does the same with both. Lots of static, without connecting it to the charger.

clsdv

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I found a solution. Go to settings, sounds, sound quality, connect your AUX and enable UHQ upscaler

b dc

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I found a solution. Go to settings, sounds, sound quality, connect your AUX and enable UHQ upscaler

Hey CLSDV, I received my s7 from the pre-order and I had the same issue. It literally drove me CRAZY! I actually ended up exchanging the phone. I really hope your advice works, I'll have to try it tomorrow morning

Last edited by a moderator:

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I tried the UHQ thing and I can hear music now, but if I pause or switch songs or albums, all I hear is loud static! It's driving me absolutely insane! There is no way I will stay with this phone if this is how it's gonna be. Think im returning it and waiting for the G5.

b dc

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Could it be a software issue with marshmallow? Im out of exchanges with ATT.... so i will have to contact Samsung next.

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I really don't wanna return it and wait for a G5 but if this is gonna be the case, I can't do this with this phone.....

b dc

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung support, and I'm gunna have to send it in for "warranty repair service" I really hope they get to the bottom of this issue. I love the S7 but its audio complications are straining our relationships together ;p

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
There ain't no way I'm sending in a brand new phone only to receive a refurbished one right off the bat.... Negative! Looks I'll be pre-ordering a G5.....

b dc

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Im going to aquire a USB OTG cable today and see if I can play audio via the micro usb charging port. I'm still very much engaged in troubleshooting due to my hobby of enjoying high quality audio. I did get a cheap ground loop isolator which did quiet it down a bit but my s3 never had a problem with my car stereo, so that cant be the correct solution... I do have the option of returning my s7 and going back to my s3 or going with the only other comparable phone out there in specs,which is the LG G5, which doesnt do it for me like samsung. DONT PUT THIS EVIL ON ME RICKY BOBBY! btw this is the ground loop isolater which does work to an extent http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-I...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5062598

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae