Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Why is my Video record button grayed out?

IIFireMissionII

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I can't record video with the phone. The video record button is grayed out. The option for Motion Photo works though, which records a short video clip before a picture is taken. I'm not using an SD Card, so I checked how much internal storage I was using. I still have 15.70 GB available. Any help!?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my Video record button grayed out?

Seeing as how the phone hasn't even officially launched yet, you're less likely to find users that have encountered the same issue as you. Have you tried factory resetting the phone? Unfortunately, there isn't much to go off of as there's no history to form suggestions from.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my Video record button grayed out?

Wish I could help, but don't have mine yet to see if there is something in the settings or maybe you do need to have a card for external storage.

I remember way in the past one of the Androids I had, you could not do certain things if there was no card.

reyno626

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Video Record Button Grayed Out

Can you provide a summary of everything you've tried so far? Also screenshots of the relevant screens may be helpful.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I can't record video with the phone. The video record button is grayed out. The option for Motion Photo works though, which records a short video clip before a picture is taken. I'm not using an SD Card, so I checked how much internal storage I was using. I still have 15.70 GB available. Any help!?

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your settings, applications, application manager, all apps, find the camera app and clear the data. That should reset the app and could fix the issue.

mrhappy0505

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Check the battery level and power saving options. Mine for some reason wont record when battery is low. I had the same problem and charged and factory reset and now the button came back.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I had the exact same problem, had no clue what I did to made the video button gray out, tried everyone that was mentioned above. The solution is to go into the app manager and clear the data and that brought everything back now I can record video again!

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the s7e has a heat issue when doing video. Mine shut down and won't work now after doing 4k video. Sad that that was my replacement to the note 7.

thu tran1

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
You dont actually have to factory reset the phone. All you have to do is setting reset and it'll fix the problem. Hope it helps. Peace

Miss mour

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Hiya, this may work. Select your camera ikon, look to the far left of the screen and touch to open the settingsame option. Scroll to the bottom choice which should say reset settings, when selected this hopefully will enable your video, as I had the same problem and once I did this it worked for me. Have a great week.

Princesskk4

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your settings, applications, application manager, all apps, find the camera app and clear the data. That should reset the app and could fix the issue.

I tried to clear the data, but it's still dong the same thing. By the way, I have a Samsung Galaxy On5.

JoshSamsungUser

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
Hello all, i'am getting the record button bug were the record button/icon is grayed out and is not letting me take videos on snapchat etc. Iam freaking out because im always taking videos and i have only recently realised it has went like this, anyone with any help... please???

BTW i have tried all of the solutions that have been said in this comment and none of them have worked... resetting settings clearing out data etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, i'am getting the record button bug were the record button/icon is grayed out and is not letting me take videos on snapchat etc. Iam freaking out because im always taking videos and i have only recently realised it has went like this, anyone with any help... please???

BTW i have tried all of the solutions that have been said in this comment and none of them have worked... resetting settings clearing out data etc.

See response in your other thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...-s7-record-button-grayed-out.html#post6006193

anairaam

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I tried everything everyone said and nothing worked. I later just simply restarted my phone and the video button wasn't grayed out anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol