07-15-2017 09:29 AM
263 ... 891011
tools
    Maybe it was because it was cheap (came free with my case), but the screen protector didn't even last as soon as it was applied. I was thinking it was because of the somewhat thick screen protector not being able to adhere along the curved edge.

I haven't bothered with applying another one since.
    11-16-2016 02:22 PM
    I've never used a screen protector. I've never gotten a scratch that I've noticed. I figure the screen is harder than almost anything it'll come in contact with so I never worry about it.
    May a piece of sand never find your phone.
    MoshuXXL and edubb256 like this.
    11-16-2016 03:39 PM
    When I had a tempered glass protector on my note 7, I could clearly see that there was a screen protector on it bc the screen just seemed gray when off. On a black bezel phone, you can clearly see the protector. Without a screen protector, the screen when off blends in with the bezel fine.

Do these tempered S7 edge screen protectors appear more grey like I experienced in my note 7?
    11-16-2016 10:44 PM
    No protector for me. I kinda view this as a rental phone since they forced me out of the N7 and also since I don't need the selling point of a scratch free screen in some months as I can just turn it in as opposed to selling it. So far the screen is scratch free.
    11-16-2016 11:18 PM
    My tempered glass protector is practically invisible when screen it's off. While screen it's on there is a small difference in luminosity because probably it's not 100% clear. Also there is a small degrade in screen sensibility on the edge, but nothing bad. The first protector I've had (the one that broke when phone fell on the floor after 3 months) was AmazingThing. That one was less sensible on the edge than the current one (Yuppi Love Tech), but it was more more transparent (almost 100%). There is no perfect solution for protecting the S7 Edge, but I've heard numerous stories about how easy the screen cracked and I'm not risking.
    11-16-2016 11:22 PM
    Why would you purposely degrade your phone though? It would be like putting saran wrap all over my TV screen.

Unless you don't know how to take care of things, the screen will be fine.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    11-17-2016 08:11 AM
    You seem to think that I'm a masochist but I can guarantee that 99% of people wouldn't notice that I have a screen protector on the phone. I feel safe and I think the price I pay for it in screen quality degradation is very small.
    11-17-2016 08:35 AM
    May a piece of sand never find your phone.
    Fingers crossed! I've never had a problem over the years. I think I might be easier for us guys, since we have pants pockets. I keep my phone in my pocket and only my phone goes in that pocket. I took it to the beach over the summer; I put it in a zip lock bag and then rinsed if off when I got back and all was fine. My wife keeps her phone in her purse, so there is a bigger risk that particles of sand could conspire against her.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    11-17-2016 09:02 AM
    I don't have a screen protector on mine but I did purchase and use Liquid Armor on it. It gives an extra layer of protection and after it's applied you don't even know it's on. I do have a very minimal case on the back side though.
    11-20-2016 01:43 PM
    just put it on mine a week ago. No complaints. Absolute clarity on the phone and it's nice and smooth. A lot less finger prints and smudges show up and if they do it is extremely easy to clean off. I'm very happy.
    11-20-2016 01:50 PM
    It's been a long time since I considered buying an s7e. Back then there was no screen protector of any kind that would stick well on the edges, not affect sensitivity, and worked well with a case. I assume that is still the case?

BTW, I believe a good glass screen protector CAN protect the screen from cracking. I have seen the glass screen protector shattered and the screen underneath undamaged.
    11-20-2016 02:43 PM
    It's been a long time since I considered buying an s7e. Back then there was no screen protector of any kind that would stick well on the edges, not affect sensitivity, and worked well with a case. I assume that is still the case?

BTW, I believe a good glass screen protector CAN protect the screen from cracking. I have seen the glass screen protector shattered and the screen underneath undamaged.
    But what's to say the phone's screen underneath would've cracked had it had no screen protector? I've had tempered glass protectors crack in less than a week in my pocket bc one of my keys nicked one of the edges.
    11-20-2016 10:18 PM
    Please allow me to share my experience with my S7 edge. I have always used screen protectors for every Samsung that I’ve owned. And so following the tradition I bought myself an expensive one for my S7 edge as well. All seemed well at the beginning, but soon I found out that while typing I had to press certain alphabets like ‘a’ a few times before they finally appeared. And not only this but even the most basic apps required sometimes more than a couple of taps before they opened. On the whole the ‘screen-protector’ proved to be more of an hindrance than a blessing.

Now that’s a shame to spend so much on one of the best smartphones in the market and not enjoy it to the full. So here’s what I did – I first got myself good slim leather pouch for my edge and then just removed my expensive screen-protector. Once the protector was gone the phone was what it was meant to be – a dream phone! So fluid, so responsive and just a joy to use! And once I’m done with the phone, it goes right back into my leather pouch especially if I intend to travel with it in my pocket.

In closing lemme say, that unlike the other Samsung phones which do work well even with a screen protector, this S7 edge with it’s curved screen will NEVER deliver what it was meant to with any kind of protector no matter how well designed or expensive it might be. Rip off that screen-protector and buy yourself a leather pouch for times when the phone needs protection and just enjoy your phone!
    czechberry likes this.
    11-26-2016 09:56 AM
    I don't have a screen protector on mine but I did purchase and use Liquid Armor on it. It gives an extra layer of protection and after it's applied you don't even know it's on. I do have a very minimal case on the back side though.
    How is the Liquid Armour holding up?
    11-27-2016 05:10 PM
    I also use liquid armour I been using it since I had a note7 and now on my S7 Edge like the other member said you don't even know its on then I have for a case a otterbox strada I like temper glass but with these curve screens they just don't say on good with liquid armour put it on and that's it all done
    11-27-2016 11:08 PM
    Exactly what I have
    11-28-2016 04:57 PM
    I also use liquid armour I been using it since I had a note7 and now on my S7 Edge like the other member said you don't even know its on then I have for a case a otterbox strada I like temper glass but with these curve screens they just don't say on good with liquid armour put it on and that's it all done
    Link please?
    11-28-2016 05:38 PM
    [url]https://www.amazon.com/Hipstreet-Liquid-Screen-Protection-LIQSP01/dp/B00PSP788E/ref=pd_sbs_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=39STPR90CARFKS37JRAM&tag=androidcentral00-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5584163] or
    [url]https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kqzyfj.com%2Fclick-7293382-10428703-1409256420000%3Fsid%3DUUacUvbUpU5584163%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.staples.com%252FLiquid-Armour-in-store-only%252Fproduct_1673532%253Fexternalize%253Dcertona&token=FGNLQC1O] and otterbox
    [url]https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-STRADA-Leather-Wallet-Samsung/dp/B00Z7RNSBY/ref=pd_lpo_107_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YGK56H4WYWSVJ49KRTMK&tag=androidcentral00-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5584163]
    magichoward likes this.
    11-28-2016 11:06 PM
    Pink line + removed Zagg HD

A couple days ago my Edge inherited the pink line disease... vertically, on the right side of my screen. I decided that I would take it into AT&T Service for a replacement... However, in the meantime, I decided to also remove my raggedy Zagg HD protector and see how scratched up my screen gets after a few weeks naked.
    I'll let you know....
    11-29-2016 06:03 AM
    I had a Note 3 for years, two Note 7s, and now an S7 edge, none of which ever had screen protectors, and none of which ever got scratched.

FWIW
    11-29-2016 07:23 AM
    i am using without protector but now i have some minor scraches on my s7 edge
    should i go for a protector ????
    01-01-2017 01:34 AM
    i have some minor scraches visible to sun light ?????
    01-01-2017 01:35 AM
    Good tempered glass protectors are hard to find and quite expensive. If you're not clumsy and don't mind the minor scratches then keep using it without protection. The only reason to use a screen protector would be to prevent the screen from breaking. Zagg and GPEL are good options, but, as I already said, are pretty expensive and don't mix very well with cases. For a little more grip (this phone is very slippery) and a custom beautiful look I use skins.
    01-01-2017 01:45 AM
    I don't use a screen protector on my S7 Edge, and haven used them on most other phones. On my7 edge I have an Otterbox Symmetry case. I also have a Note 5 now -no screen protector, with a durable supcase.
    01-01-2017 05:42 AM
    I have seen the screen protector threads but I am curious who on here will use their phones without a screen protector? I waffle with every new phone.

I currently have a Zagg HD waiting for when the phone arrives but am thinking about returning it and going without one all together. Anyone else?

I will be using a case as I always do but this time around I might go without the screen protection.
    Never use screen protectors, never had a single scratch. It is in a case though.
    01-01-2017 04:28 PM
263 ... 891011